watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Flexibility of tactics

Started by BedsFFC, September 08, 2016, 01:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Said on here in the past few weeks how wonderful it is to have a team that has the mindset to go and attack using considerably improved players and a far stronger squad.

It's rekindled the juices that had been somewhat missing for a few years. Can't following a team be a real burden at times?

AS I look forward to Saturday and am pleased that we are in a division that very often has 2 games in a week, I am thinking that if things fit into place, we should be in the mix come the end of the season.

My one unknown is how flexible our management team are. For two years we had a reputation for being a very soft touch both home and away. Every single team would have marked us out as a big potential for 3 points and would attack.

Against Blackburn, the opposite was true. The home side all got behind the ball in the final 3rd.

I think that is going to happen more often, especially at home. We will be playing far better teams than Blackburn.

Also, there will be times when we are up against it.

Does our manager have a history of being able to not just makes subs but also react to what is happening on the pitch?

If he does, it can only get better. If we are one-tracked, we may be sussed out quite quickly.

FinFFC

Sure hope he can react... and even more that he can be proactive in choosing the right tactic from the start, depending on the opposition. At least last year he was hacking and slashing though out the spring, but that was probably more because we weren't able to find any real form. Now he has been quite consistent with the tactics. I believe that once the new players have been bedded in the system, it is quite safe to start and mix it up according to opposition.