fulhamben

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 04, 2016, 09:07:45 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 04, 2016, 09:04:47 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 04, 2016, 09:03:18 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 04, 2016, 08:58:43 PM
boom he just scored

That was a cert to happen after you  slagging him..lol
Should have had a bet online.
didnt slag him off, just said fletcher is a better player, which he is.

Yes you did, you said he'd do well to make our bench
so are we all slagging off 15 over player when we pick our best 11? from what i have seen tonight, i think he will do well to make our bench
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Ged

[/quote]so are we all slagging off 15 over player when we pick our best 11? from what i have seen tonight, i think he will do well to make our bench
[/quote]
Of course your not slagging him off after watching him play tonight you have come to the conclusion that he would be lucky to make it into our first team

fulhamben

Quote from: Ged on September 04, 2016, 09:27:37 PM

so are we all slagging off 15 over player when we pick our best 11? from what i have seen tonight, i think he will do well to make our bench
[/quote]
Of course your not slagging him off after watching him play tonight you have come to the conclusion that he would be lucky to make it into our first team
[/quote]er yes. thats because evereyone else i have seen play for us this season have looked better so far. plus i also said hopefully he is unfit or lacking match sharpness, but you choose to forget that part of the quote. 

HillFace

I was delighted to see Martin in the starting line up above Fletcher. As much as Fletcher is probably the better striker, he has been useless for Scotland on numerous occasions. It was nice to see Strachan gamble on Martin. He worked hard and I was impressed by some of his link up play. Took his chance well, but it was all about the ball from Ritchie for the goal. He also did miss that sitter that somehow became a laughable penalty and red card. Looking forward to seeing him in a Fulham shirt.
The above may be nonsense

fulhamben

Quote from: HillFace on September 05, 2016, 10:48:19 AM
I was delighted to see Martin in the starting line up above Fletcher. As much as Fletcher is probably the better striker, he has been useless for Scotland on numerous occasions. It was nice to see Strachan gamble on Martin. He worked hard and I was impressed by some of his link up play. Took his chance well, but it was all about the ball from Ritchie for the goal. He also did miss that sitter that somehow became a laughable penalty and red card. Looking forward to seeing him in a Fulham shirt.
what did you think of fletcher when he came on, looked really good to me. was unlucky not to get his second aswell with the chip over the goalie

HillFace

Quote from: fulhamben on September 05, 2016, 10:50:30 AM
what did you think of fletcher when he came on, looked really good to me. was unlucky not to get his second aswell with the chip over the goalie

Yeah, he looked good, but then, he always does against the diddy teams. See Gibraltar. He's frustrating because he's arguably the best striker Scotland have produced over the past 5/6 years but never seems to turn in any consistency at national or at club level. I'm glad Martin is giving him some competition and would like to see Griffiths feature a bit more against the weaker teams. Still baffled by McCormack and Cairney's exclusions, although according to one of my journo mates, the latter is not fussed by international football, odd.

Baszab

Odd that McCormack flits from club to club every few seasons
Never gets picked for Scotland
Maybe he has a personality problem that transcends his obvious footballing ability

fulhamben

Quote from: HillFace on September 05, 2016, 11:05:06 AM

Yeah, he looked good, but then, he always does against the diddy teams. See Gibraltar. He's frustrating because he's arguably the best striker Scotland have produced over the past 5/6 years but never seems to turn in any consistency at national or at club level. I'm glad Martin is giving him some competition and would like to see Griffiths feature a bit more against the weaker teams. Still baffled by McCormack and Cairney's exclusions, although according to one of my journo mates, the latter is not fussed by international football, odd.
I cans see how Richie snodgrass and Burke keep him out of first 11, but you would have thought cairney could make squad at least

HillFace

Quote from: fulhamben on September 05, 2016, 11:39:05 AM

I cans see how Richie snodgrass and Burke keep him out of first 11, but you would have thought cairney could make squad at least

It does seem to be weird. If I were Strachan, I'd be busting a gut to get him on the roster. Especially with Brown retiring and Fletcher ageing, we're not blessed with centre mids. I know Cairney is best positioned further forward, but even the likes of Naismith and Maloney are on their way out without obvious replacements. Excited by Burke, love Bannan, if Cairney could fit in that squad, it'd be a ruddy good game in November at Wembley.

fulhamben

Quote from: HillFace on September 05, 2016, 12:11:01 PM

It does seem to be weird. If I were Strachan, I'd be busting a gut to get him on the roster. Especially with Brown retiring and Fletcher ageing, we're not blessed with centre mids. I know Cairney is best positioned further forward, but even the likes of Naismith and Maloney are on their way out without obvious replacements. Excited by Burke, love Bannan, if Cairney could fit in that squad, it'd be a ruddy good game in November at Wembley.
mcdonald will play center mid when fit wont he?

HillFace

Quote from: fulhamben on September 05, 2016, 12:16:28 PM
Quote from: HillFace on September 05, 2016, 12:11:01 PM

mcdonald will play center mid when fit wont he?

Difficult to say, really. Bannan impressed in that last game. Showed more compusure and better distribution than I've seen him do previously in a Scotland shirt. Darren Fletcher was captain for the last game too. If he's fit for Lithuania then I'd like to see him feature in someway, but would also want to see us be rather attacking which might keep him on the bench. I spoke to a Wolves fan a couple of years ago, back when they were in league one, who told me to keep an eye out for him. Didn't think much of it, but he's really impressed me for Fulham. Glad he's progressing and hope he continues alongside Parker for the forseeable future.

GordonMac

As a Scot I'd sat it wasn't a really great performance more a good result, points on the board and some goal difference boasting already.

Martin was OK, took his goal and contributed a couple of times to open play. Don't think he's truly match sharp so good to see him put on the graft.

Burke suffered from the hyperbole, too much expected too early.

How Carney isn't in this squad annoys me, McDonald aswell to be honest.
COYW.

fulhamben

Quote from: GordonMac on September 05, 2016, 04:08:27 PM
As a Scot I'd sat it wasn't a really great performance more a good result, points on the board and some goal difference boasting already.

Martin was OK, took his goal and contributed a couple of times to open play. Don't think he's truly match sharp so good to see him put on the graft.

Burke suffered from the hyperbole, too much expected too early.

How Carney isn't in this squad annoys me, McDonald aswell to be honest.
Mcdonald was. Pulled out with an injury

..FOF..

bencher

Twig

RaySmith

Yes, great striker's instincts and composure there.