watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur, 01 September 2007

Started by cmg, September 05, 2016, 03:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

For those with access to BT Sports 3 and seeking a suitable diversion at 7 o'clock this evening this well-known clash is being aired.

A rather hairy looking Fulham side, I guess this would be just after McBride did his knee in, takes on a Tottenham featuring a young Bale plus past and future favourites Steed and Berbatov (and Mr Jol).
A little bit of a horror story, which turns out OK in the end thanks to one of Dio's rare but vital interventions.

nose

nobody seems to recall that kamara was instrumental in our survival in 2007/2008.
two goals V man city and if memory serves he won the soft penalty that murf scored on the rebound
he also got the foul at portsmouth that led to the murf goal. He wanted to take the free kick quickly but sensibly  gave way to allow a more measured delivery .
I amways liked him, felt he was not treated as well as he should have been and endlessly messed about with. The overhead kick was another brilliant event that no opther player we had would have even attempted.

RaySmith

Funnily enough I was just thinking of that last minute goal on Saturday.

I was walking home from a fell race I'd taken part in at a local fete, and remembered walking home with my wife after the same race that day in  2007.

I was listening to the game v Spurs  through headphones on the radio, and things seemed  pretty depressing, when Kamara scored that sensational goal, and I completely startled my wife by suddenly shouting and leaping about, falling over a rock.

I was actually there  to see Kamara brilliantly score those important goals at Man C, one of my greatest moments of supporting Fulham. The Fulham fans really did go mad that day - we'd only been talking at half-time about how we were relegated if results stayed the same.

Joe certainly made some important interventions for Fulham, and I was sad to see him go. I think he had injury problems during  his time with us, but was/is a largely unheralded hero maybe. The club certainly owed him a huge debt.

General

Quote from: nose on September 05, 2016, 04:03:46 PM
nobody seems to recall that kamara was instrumental in our survival in 2007/2008.
two goals V man city and if memory serves he won the soft penalty that murf scored on the rebound
he also got the foul at portsmouth that led to the murf goal. He wanted to take the free kick quickly but sensibly  gave way to allow a more measured delivery .
I amways liked him, felt he was not treated as well as he should have been and endlessly messed about with. The overhead kick was another brilliant event that no opther player we had would have even attempted.

I'm not sure it's true that people forget Dio's influence in us staying up. He had everything a top striker needed in life apart from the attitude to see him play at his best each season. He more than earned his money back for us. He also helped us get into the Europa League in 2010 with his or nevlands goal against newcastle in 09/10 season. He then scored some very important goals for us in getting us through tricky games in the Europa League campaign, most notably away in Basel. He may have not hit the heights I think he was capable of, but he did very well in terms of significant contributions for us.

Now plying his trade in India it would seem...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diomansy_Kamara

bog

I saw that cmg. Bale looked as though he was young enough to have done a paper round before playing. Kamara was a big player in our survival, however I recall he announcing before the run in that if we were relegated he wanted to leave....great winner at Maine Road though!!!!!

092.gif

Jamie88

I will never tire of seeing his winner at Man City

bobbo

thanks cmg , i watched it last night and realised i hadnt been at the game . unlike most on here that can remember all sorts from the past i cant despite being a regular since 1956.
thoroughly enjoyed the highlights shown  .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Take Me Home MAF

This is how bad my memory is getting, I forgot Kamara scored the penalty away in Rome until i read it back just now... and I was there!!

All i remember from that Spurs game is they had Bale as left back and at that stage there was the stat that he has never won a game for Spurs, and that we did not really even deserve a point. I don't look back at attending that game with fond memories, I think because life under Sanchez felt very similar to Kit that we were going nowhere.

I much more enjoyed the 3-2 comback at Loftus Road against Spurs with Leggy scoring in the dieing minutes.