more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Great Amateur Sides Of The Past.

Started by Mince n Tatties, September 12, 2016, 03:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Quote from: MikeW on September 13, 2016, 04:40:27 PM
Barrett 487:  Wasn't their ground off the High Street behind the cinema?

I think they then moved.

I went quite a few times as a lad (183 bus from Pinner thro Hatch End; went to school at the Salvatorian College for a year).

Going back a bit now but for a kid it was 9d to get in I recall!
yes it was behind the dominion. They now play at Ruislip manors old ground.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

love4ffc

Several years ago a youth club i was coaching for made an arrangement with a local semipro team called Greensboro Dynamo.  The arrangement had semipro players doing fun interactions and promotions with our youth players.  The players were fanatic with working with the kids and promoting the love of the beuitiful game.  Loved being apart of that. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Barrett487

Quote from: MikeW on September 13, 2016, 04:40:27 PM
Barrett 487:  Wasn't their ground off the High Street behind the cinema?

I think they then moved.

I went quite a few times as a lad (183 bus from Pinner thro Hatch End; went to school at the Salvatorian College for a year).

Going back a bit now but for a kid it was 9d to get in I recall!

Their ground was behind the shops at the junction of Station Road/Hindes Road.... it's now a Tesco store.

Their owner (Dave Morritt, if memory serves) sold their ground for redevelopment and they ground-shared with Edgware for a while i believe. They now play in South Ruislip, but i haven't been to a game in many years mainly because i moved away. Ironically i have been to their current clubhouse to see a couple of tribute bands in the last six months.