predictable

Started by fulhamben, September 17, 2016, 04:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2016, 10:09:22 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on September 17, 2016, 10:04:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2016, 10:00:03 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on September 17, 2016, 09:50:40 PM
Dont rule Martin out after two bad games.. I am not his biggest fan by any means  but bloody hell give the lad a chance
Why? Isn't the whole point of having a big squad, so that when you have an unfit or out of form player, you can take them out of the first 11. I'm suggesting putting him in the 23s or maybe the cup game to see if things improve. 17 games without a goal now if I'm not mistaken, so something isn't quite right somewhere

Not when your other 2 strikers are Woodrow and Matt Smith.
so a slow striker who covers very little ground, who's only claim to fame in a Fulham shirt is missing a sitter, trumps our other strikers who have actually scored in the last 6 months. Yes I can see your theory, but don't agree with it

A striker who has scored 15,21 and 25 in his last 3 seasons in this league beats a giant who is useless when the ball is on the floor and a striker with no real technical ability or standout attributes but is rated because he 'runs around a lot'
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on September 17, 2016, 10:13:43 PM
Dont rule Martin out after two bad games.. I am not his biggest fan by any means  but bloody hell give the lad a chance
Why? Isn't the whole point of having a big squad, so that when you have an unfit or out of form player, you can take them out of the first 11. I'm suggesting putting him in the 23s or maybe the cup game to see if things improve. 17 games without a goal now if I'm not mistaken, so something isn't quite right somewhere

so a slow striker who covers very little ground, who's only claim to fame in a Fulham shirt is missing a sitter, trumps our other strikers who have actually scored in the last 6 months. Yes I can see your theory, but don't agree with it

A striker who has scored 15,21 and 25 in his last 3 seasons in this league beats a giant who is useless when the ball is on the floor and a striker with no real technical ability or standout attributes but is rated because he 'runs around a lot'
There have been quite a few on here championing that giant for the last two years because of what he also did at another team. Fact is Martin doesn't look anywhere near good enough to start at the moment.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2016, 10:19:10 PM

There have been quite a few on here championing that giant for the last two years because of what he also did at another team. Fact is Martin doesn't look anywhere near good enough to start at the moment.

Fair enough, I agree, but he will start. because our other options dont look great either. So we should support him.
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on September 17, 2016, 10:20:27 PM

Fair enough, I agree, but he will start. because our other options dont look great either. So we should support him.
Problem with that, if he keeps starting and playing as he is, then he could well find himself at odds with the fans by Xmas. At least jol had the nous to remove ruiz out of the firing line when ruiz turned up under baked. Slavisa has some big decisions coming up, and more of the same appears to be getting progressively worse in terms of our effectiveness going forwards, and not the gradual improvements you would expect from a team trying to gel.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on September 17, 2016, 10:30:00 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2016, 10:26:41 PM

Problem with that, if he keeps starting and playing as he is, then he could well find himself at odds with the fans by Xmas. At least jol had the nous to remove ruiz out of the firing line when ruiz turned up under baked. Slavisa has some big decisions coming up, and more of the same appears to be getting progressively worse in terms of our effectiveness going forwards, and not the gradual improvements you would expect from a team trying to gel.

"progressively worse"?
it's a week since the international break ended
a week
steady on
? You don't agree that we have looked a lot worse going forward in our last 4 games than we did in our first 4? If you round down then we are one game off of twenty percent of the season gone.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on September 17, 2016, 10:53:17 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2016, 10:39:53 PM

"progressively worse"?
a week
steady on
? You don't agree that we have looked a lot worse going forward in our last 4 games than we did in our first 4? If you round down then we are one game off of twenty percent of the season gone.

newcastle i specifically remember someone saying "we're not going to score tonight" just before smith scored
we got a lot of luck, played above ourselves and newcastle bottled it
think that game has got a lot of people carried away
didn't see leeds or preston but we looked crap against cardiff
so that's the first 4 games... nothing special for me
and your assement of the latter four

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on September 17, 2016, 11:47:47 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2016, 10:55:37 PM

"progressively worse"?
a week
steady on

newcastle i specifically remember someone saying "we're not going to score tonight" just before smith scored

Not much difference, still look solid at the back and control large parts of the game, but impotent up front
so even if you don't think we have got worse, you agree that we at least haven't improved. Ergo something has got to change. Me I'm ruthless, I'd change anyone who isn't constantly coming up with the goods.the old saying goes, you are only as good as your last game, and on that basis a few would be lucky to make my next bench.

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on September 18, 2016, 12:20:16 AM
Quote from: Statto on September 17, 2016, 11:47:47 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2016, 10:55:37 PM

"progressively worse"?
a week
steady on

Not much difference, still look solid at the back and control large parts of the game, but impotent up front
so even if you don't think we have got worse, you agree that we at least haven't improved. Ergo something has got to change. Me I'm ruthless, I'd change anyone who isn't constantly coming up with the goods.the old saying goes, you are only as good as your last game, and on that basis a few would be lucky to make my next bench.

So, Ignoring the cup game up next, and assuming our next game was in the league. What would your team be?
STH H3

Keynsham

Do you gather all of this knowledge just from listening to GJ?

fulhamben

Quote from: Keynsham on September 18, 2016, 12:36:18 AM
Do you gather all of this knowledge just from listening to GJ?
nope, been to a few home games, watch the replays and gauage others reactions. It's extremely easy to gauage the problems from that. For instance the large majority wouldn't play cairney at right mid. A majority would rest Mcdonald or at least break up, our dm partnership. We can all see the problems, just need someone to have the balls to change it up.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 18, 2016, 07:12:15 AM
Quote from: SP on September 17, 2016, 09:52:29 PM

If he's good enough to play for Scotland...  :005:

He must be bad.
If you are good enough for Scotland, you are probably good enough for Lithuania as well.