watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

predictable

Started by fulhamben, September 17, 2016, 04:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

our formation and player selction has failed us again. although it could be argued that we set up for a draw and got what we wanted. inverted wingers doesnt work. playing two slow dm's is too negative, and playing slow big lumps as a lone striker has once again proved to be fruitless. slavisa has got to shake it up for the next game or we will start slipping down the table
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Chutney

Woodrow for Martin has to be a certainty, jozabed should also keep his place, was our best player today, shocking decision to sub him.
C O Y W

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2016, 04:59:58 PM
our formation and player selction has failed us again. although it could be argued that we set up for a draw and got what we wanted. inverted wingers doesnt work. playing two slow dm's is too negative, and playing slow big lumps as a lone striker has once again proved to be fruitless. slavisa has got to shake it up for the next game or we will start slipping down the table

We are slipping down table....Slowly.

fulhamben

Quote from: Chutney on September 17, 2016, 05:03:21 PM
Woodrow for Martin has to be a certainty, jozabed should also keep his place, was our best player today, shocking decision to sub him.
martin needs to drop down to the 23s to see if there is a player still their worth saving.

alexbishop

def think need someone with more energy with either Parker/McDonald. Someone to drive forward with the ball. Martin CF is fine so long as the three behind him have energy and pace and create chances but they aren't.

Perhaps we should explore a 4-3-3?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on September 17, 2016, 05:08:43 PM
I think we're starting to realise the new players, whilst generally good signings, aren't the world beaters some (eg the OP) thought they were.

Most importantly for me is that whilst every man and his dog could see we needed a quality striker after selling two of them, we've ended up with someone who doesn't look any better than smith or woodrow. And that is a very low benchmark!

i've argued elsewhere we should give martin more time and learn to play to his strengths, but it really is looking like we f*d up there
y

Its easy to blame Martin when the midfield are dilly dallying
most of the time.
Play a bit more direct and Martin will start scoring im confident
of that, in fact I know he will..

Chutney

Best thing about Martin is that he's only on loan and we can give him back eventually.
C O Y W

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Chutney on September 17, 2016, 05:22:48 PM
Best thing about Martin is that he's only on loan and we can give him back eventually.

Didnt you and a few others want Vydra in instead.
Remind me how many he has got for Derby?

Wearethewhites

Oh boy, oh boy, we are really finding out how bad we are going to be for NOT replacing Dembele and McCormack. Criminal really.

Martin was literally plan D/E or F when crunch came to the crunch.

jarv

oh dear...we still have black october to come.

I will settle for 10th now.  The good news, 8 points clear of bottom 3.

An omen (i hope not) :Get Coat gif:  last time we had a centre half sent off, Hangeland, the team went into free fall which lasted 3 years.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 17, 2016, 05:45:56 PM
You can always rely on Fulham to end a teams four game losing run. Dan Burn played, and Wigan kept a clean sheet.

Stearman got dropped by Wolverhampton and they win 2-0

epsomraver

Quote from: Chutney on September 17, 2016, 05:03:21 PM

Were you there! He was totally ineffective one of the worst games I have ever seen Fulham play and that is saying something,just got back , Wigan were rubbish but at least they had shots on goal!

Baszab

Derby don't get rid of players who are surplus to requirements for nothing - Martin looked way of the pace against Burton and not very fit, except for a couple of flicks - it's unfair to moan about Woodrow - he hasn't had a proper chance yet 

Mince n Tatties

Dont know where all this Woodrow adulation comes from
to be honest..

Mince n Tatties

@jolslover

Dont rule Martin out after two bad games.. I am not his biggest fan by any means  but bloody hell give the lad a chance
STH H3

SP

Quote from: @jolslover on September 17, 2016, 09:50:40 PM
Dont rule Martin out after two bad games.. I am not his biggest fan by any means  but bloody hell give the lad a chance

If he's good enough to play for Scotland...  :005:

fulhamben

Why? Isn't the whole point of having a big squad, so that when you have an unfit or out of form player, you can take them out of the first 11. I'm suggesting putting him in the 23s or maybe the cup game to see if things improve. 17 games without a goal now if I'm not mistaken, so something isn't quite right somewhere

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2016, 10:00:03 PM
Why? Isn't the whole point of having a big squad, so that when you have an unfit or out of form player, you can take them out of the first 11. I'm suggesting putting him in the 23s or maybe the cup game to see if things improve. 17 games without a goal now if I'm not mistaken, so something isn't quite right somewhere

Not when your other 2 strikers are Woodrow and Matt Smith.
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on September 17, 2016, 10:04:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2016, 10:00:03 PM

Not when your other 2 strikers are Woodrow and Matt Smith.
so a slow striker who covers very little ground, who's only claim to fame in a Fulham shirt is missing a sitter, trumps our other strikers who have actually scored in the last 6 months. Yes I can see your theory, but don't agree with it