watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Riverside Stand Development,

Started by H4usuallysitting, September 17, 2016, 06:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

if the club's management thought we were returning to the Premiership sooner rather than later - then surely they would start the works for the redevelopment...... By doing nothing sends out a very negative message to the supporters, the clubs playing staff & coach

Fulham76

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 17, 2016, 06:10:15 PM
if the club's management thought we were returning to the Premiership sooner rather than later - then surely they would start the works for the redevelopment...... By doing nothing sends out a very negative message to the supporters, the clubs playing staff & coach

I accepted a loooong time ago that this will not happen, which isn't a major problem for us.

It's the broken promises & lies which we should be concerned about.

ron

Any capital investment in the sacred acres lessens the spectre of redevelopment, (whether you subscribe to the likelihood or not).

Baszab

Obviously no sign of H&F Council changing their minds yet on PP for resi as well

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: ron on September 18, 2016, 11:44:59 AM
Any capital investment in the sacred acres lessens the spectre of redevelopment, (whether you subscribe to the likelihood or not).

Does this mean the management have no intention of developing the stand, whether we go up or not?

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Baszab on September 18, 2016, 11:55:58 AM
Obviously no sign of H&F Council changing their minds yet on PP for resi as well

Have you seen the Thames between Putney and Vauxhall......all luxury flats.....including the old listed Hovis factory demolished

ron

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 18, 2016, 11:57:34 AM
Quote from: ron on September 18, 2016, 11:44:59 AM

Does this mean the management have no intention of developing the stand, whether we go up or not?

That would surely depend on whether redevelopment is a future possibility in the mind of the moustachioed motor mogul or his cohorts. It seems to me obvious that he wouldn't splash millions on something that was to be demolished in the coming years, whereas the rise of the planned magnificent stand would confirm that our dear Cottage would remain a football ground for at least many years to come.

Perhaps doing it soon would make economic sense, because as we know in projects like these prices always seem to spiral as time goes on, and having it ready to accommodate premier league size crowds would confirm our automotive autocrat's desire to move onward and upward....

One Martin Thomas

The only thing I agree with Khan is that the design needs looking at.  It does not address the issues in the Putney and Hammersmith ends and does unbalance the stadium.  I think they should be looking at all three stands and sorting it out.

Logicalman

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on September 18, 2016, 05:38:45 PM
The only thing I agree with Khan is that the design needs looking at.  It does not address the issues in the Putney and Hammersmith ends and does unbalance the stadium.  I think they should be looking at all three stands and sorting it out.

0001.jpeg
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

win-dup

Christ, even I'm bored with this subject now, and I've always said that Khan has no intention of ever redeveloping the Riverside.  I really don't think there's any more to say until A) Ernie announces he's flogging off the ground to developers or B)He's going ahead the next day with redevelopment of the Riverside.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 19, 2016, 11:40:53 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on September 19, 2016, 11:39:13 AM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on September 18, 2016, 05:38:45 PM

0001.jpeg

0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

Good thinking  but at the moment I just can't see a new stand being built with gates of about
17,000 and falling.
Just possible we could see a new stand if ever we get promoted to the Premiership.

At the moment a good striker has to take priority over a new stand.

The Equalizer

Is it too late to get the old Wembley towers and a footbridge from the Putney side?

http://www.william-mitchell.com/fulham.htm

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 19, 2016, 01:08:25 PM
Is it too late to get the old Wembley towers and a footbridge from the Putney side?

This design was too beautiful. Imagine.... sigh
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

love4ffc

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on September 19, 2016, 02:28:05 PM

Fantastic design.  Agree that design would of been beautiful and would of been unique to stadiums. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: love4ffc on September 19, 2016, 10:19:03 PM

Fantastic design.  Agree that design would of been beautiful and would of been unique to stadiums. 
It is unique, but from that angle it resembles San Quentin.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 19, 2016, 10:49:49 PM

Perhaps that would help to retain more of academy players
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Equalizer

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 19, 2016, 10:49:49 PM

That means we can have another really loose link to a celebrity in the 'Famous Fans' section: Johnny Cash.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

ron

A bit sad that a tiny detail was missing in the far corner of the ground in that plan.........

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: ron on September 20, 2016, 11:14:30 AM

A bit sad that a tiny detail was missing in the far corner of the ground in that plan.........

I seem to remember there was some talk of it being preserved elsewhere, not sure how. I might be wrong.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Chesh

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on September 20, 2016, 11:22:18 AM
Quote from: ron on September 20, 2016, 11:14:30 AM

I seem to remember there was some talk of it being preserved elsewhere, not sure how. I might be wrong.
What - the Michael Jackson statue?   :005: :008:

Made in Hammersmith (1968)