watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dear God

Started by MikeW, September 18, 2016, 07:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Sorry, blaspheming on a Sunday. But Stoke City?

Us apart has there ever been a worse side in the Prem?

What the hell has all that money Hughes has spent done but create such a thuggish bunch of hopelessness?

I'm glad he left the Cottage

But, start a poll now.

Has there ever been a worse Prem player than Arnautovic?  Putting on my Brian Clough accent, "Young man, forget about the tattoo's & funny hairstyles. Lose some weight, get fit and actually do something!"  Same applies to Martins Indi.

PS:I know Arnautuvic scored but will he ever do so again?

See you next year lads.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

res

Hughes is a good manager until he's given cash to spend...he then goes to pieces as does his team. If I was his Chairman, I'd tell him "here are the players" and "get on with it, there's no money to spend"

OdecaMynoT

Quote from: res on September 18, 2016, 07:54:33 PM
Hughes is a good manager until he's given cash to spend...he then goes to pieces as does his team. If I was his Chairman, I'd tell him "here are the players" and "get on with it, there's no money to spend"

He brought in Dembele Mk1. Credit for that.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

gezkc

However, as we saw, if the Chairman doesn't give him money to spend, he accuses the club of lacking ambition and leaves.

Whitesideup

Limited tenure at Fulham, but at the end of the year, god we were playing great football. Yes, the circumstances of his departure weren't great. However, I (maybe in a minority) thought he took the team on when he was with us, which wasn't an easy task.He was also prepared to review his opinions of players.I don't think he was a great fan of Zamora, but recognized he was an asset for us an eventually played him nearly all the tine (if memory serves me correctly). The same Stoke were pretty good last year, and I reckon he's good enough to sort out Stoke's awful start if given the time. He nay not have that time.

St Eve

He moans when he doesn't get money to spend and now Stoke have opened up the check book he has no idea. Rock bottom and bad attitude. Did well for a year with us with Hodgson's team, plus Dembele  and then walked. Fired by QPR and now on the brink with Stoke

General

I did notice that quite a few big players seem to not even be in the squad at the moment? Inujuries? The likes of Crouch, Allefay and Xaqiri are all absent.

MJG

Never liked him and quite happy to see not only him fail ,but more importantly Stoke fail

General

Allefay, Xaqiri, Jack Butland and Ireland are all out injured. 3 of those at a bare minimum are starters. Two of you main midfield out? Gonna be significant. Although they do seem to be at a very low ebb.

The Rock

That's is why you need a stats boy. My hero.

@jolslover

There have definitely been worse sides in the premier league, and there have definitely been worse players than Arnautovic. Who I actually think is a good player.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Same as last year this and they ended up 9th.

Fulham 442

Limited tenure at Fulham, but at the end of the year, god we were playing great football. Yes, the circumstances of his departure weren't great. However, I (maybe in a minority) thought he took the team on when he was with us, which wasn't an easy task.He was also prepared to review his opinions of players.I don't think he was a great fan of Zamora, but recognized he was an asset for us an eventually played him nearly all the tine (if memory serves me correctly). The same Stoke were pretty good last year, and I reckon he's good enough to sort out Stoke's awful start if given the time. He nay not have that time.

Exactly how I would describe his tenure with us.  I was gutted when he left as I felt we played really well when he was in charge but couldn't blame him for saying he was leaving  because we had no ambition.  Tbh I've seen nothing since that would change his assessment of us.  Yes he can be a bit of a whinge bag but I'm sure he will turn things around.  You must remember he is a manager that comments about everything - I think it must be a bit of a Welsh trait!

King_Crud

Quote from: MikeW on September 18, 2016, 07:30:16 PM

Has there ever been a worse Prem player than Arnautovic?  Putting on my Brian Clough accent, "Young man, forget about the tattoo's & funny hairstyles. Lose some weight, get fit and actually do something!"  Same applies to Martins Indi.

PS:I know Arnautuvic scored but will he ever do so again?

eh? Arnautovic pretty much got them to their finishing place last year, he was immense