News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We were Relegation fodder in the summer.

Started by fcfulham55, September 18, 2016, 12:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

Trying to attract players to the club, must've been difficult.

But a couple of the new recruits look promising, and Joka is doing a great job with what he's got.   

Surely it'll be easier to attract better pedigree of players during the January window. Especially if we're within touching distance of the play offs. 

The big question is whether Khan actually spends. We are well in profit. With wages reduced drastically too. 

But I predict Sess to go to spuds for 8 million. And we'll spend 5-7 million. On defence :/
Sent from my Nokia 3310

@jolslover

Quote from: fcfulham55 on September 18, 2016, 12:52:54 PM
Trying to attract players to the club, must've been difficult.

But a couple of the new recruits look promising, and Joka is doing a great job with what he's got.   

Surely it'll be easier to attract better pedigree of players during the January window. Especially if we're within touching distance of the play offs. 

The big question is whether Khan actually spends. We are well in profit. With wages reduced drastically too. 

But I predict Sess to go to spuds for 8 million. And we'll spend 5-7 million. On defence :/

Agree with the first 2 lines, I think we recruited very well but Im so upset we didnt get another striker. Think that will be the difference between being top 6 in January or us being mid table.
STH H3

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Statto on September 18, 2016, 01:04:57 PM
Agree with some of this

7 games of magath playing the kids in 2014 and 8 games with no manager in 2015 caused us to underachieve both years. I don't think we've ever been worse than a mid-table team since relegation and never relegation fodder

Not sure that we are "well in profit" this summer either but agree with you, seems unlikely khan is spending as much as he can

If we're in the top 6 in january it will show we've finally got our house in order which i agree will make us more attractive

But with current form and no more options up front seems unlikely to me we'll be higher than mid-table which i don't consider a substantial improvement for the reasons given above

I agree with your comment about profit Statto.
But I feel mid-table would be a big improvement over the dross of the last two seasons.

If we can gel the team and hang onto the coat tails of top 6 until January I would like to see us get the "other" striker we need.
Hopefully that would spur on the dressing room to push for that top 6 spot.

Ifs, buts and maybes I know but we are a lot tighter at the back so if we are there-abouts come Jan we are in with a shout.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

ScalleysDad

I feel a solid ninth with a settled squad, a style of play, Cairney and Co playing to their strengths and in their favoured positions, an end to the experimentation and an end to the 'yeah but no but' press conferences will be enough of a challenge. The latter are starting to sound like re-runs of last Feb/March/April. Oops I said it.