Reserves are arguably looking better anyway
Team has 5 games in a fortnight so we do need to rest some
Can't afford any more injuries either

Bettinelli
Grimmer-Madl-Ream-Malone
Tunnicliffe-Adeniran
Piazon-LVC-Edun
Woodrow

This would be excellent, would be nice to see piazon, Grimmer is out on loan though so I'd have Kalas RB or possibly even sheckleford?
C O Y W

Chutney

Quote from: fulhamben on September 18, 2016, 01:50:47 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on September 18, 2016, 01:43:54 PM
Couldn't Martin do with more game time?
Yes, but he should go into the 23s if you ask me

Agreed, he needs games and to be taught to play our style (to work harder to put it bluntly), we can't afford for him to learn in league games.
C O Y W

ScalleysDad

Tunnicliffe in the last line of defence is a scary thought. I am not a phycologist but Cairney in the No.10 role pulling the strings with pace ahead of him and a robust defence behind might kick start his game. Usually a player so consistently poor of late would feel my boot on his backside but apparently he is supposed to be the fulcrum which he will never be playing wide and his confidence looks shot. If it works we get a key player back, confidence is worth a couple of miles on the pitch for Saturday, but if it does'nt drag him off and drop him for Saturday as according to recent performances he will not be missed. Not a massive fan of golden balls but needs must and all that.

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on September 19, 2016, 09:12:01 AM

Agreed, he needs games and to be taught to play our style (to work harder to put it bluntly), we can't afford for him to learn in league games.
The days of players at any team dropping to the 'reserves' to find form are long gone.

RaySmith

Players who have performed well in the previous rounds, such Betts, Adeniran, LVC - where's he gone -, Edun and Ream definitely deserve a start.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on September 19, 2016, 09:34:45 AM

The days of players at any team dropping to the 'reserves' to find form are long gone.
which really defies the logic of needing a big squad, if you just pick them in blind faith that it will be alright on the night
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2016, 09:42:03 AM
Quote from: MJG on September 19, 2016, 09:34:45 AM

which really defies the logic of needing a big squad, if you just pick them in blind faith that it will be alright on the night
Tell that to pretty much every team in the land now.
But then even fans pick the same players over and over again based on 'hes the best player we have' and then as soon as someone says drop him 'you must be mad hes the best player' even if his form has been shite

filham

The players likely to play on Saturday must not play on Wednesday, we need them to be fully fit for the Championship match and we musn't give Bristol a taste of their abilities.

However , we do need to look at different options for attacking players and therefore Woodrow, De la Torre and Humphrys should be given game time.

..FOF..

Ok, here is an update based on a so called "popular placement" in this thread..... plus a bit of my own bias :P

______________Bettinelli_____________

Kavanagh___Madl_____Ream_____Malone

LVC______Tunni____Johansen_____Edun

_____Woodrow__________Piazon______

Riversider

Perfect opportunity on Wednesday to give another formation a try , 4-2-3-1 doesn't look like providing the cutting edge we need, Barcelona and Real Madrid like to go with 4-3-3 , or how about 4-5-2 ,
Anything but Martin or Smith up front by them self.

AnEssexFan

With games coming quick and fast, and with the way the "reserves" played against Boro in the previous round I would expect something like this"

Joronen
Kavanagh, Madl, Ream,Malone
         Tunnicliffe, Aderina
Edun              LVC            Piazon
                   Woodrow
@leightonrw07

Chutney

C O Y W

Wolf

Quote from: Riversider on September 20, 2016, 07:50:08 AM
Perfect opportunity on Wednesday to give another formation a try , 4-2-3-1 doesn't look like providing the cutting edge we need, Barcelona and Real Madrid like to go with 4-3-3 , or how about 4-5-2 ,

Yes to 4-5-2; the outfield players would be giving 110%
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

..FOF..

Quote from: Wolf on September 20, 2016, 10:14:59 AM
Quote from: Riversider on September 20, 2016, 07:50:08 AM

Yes to 4-5-2; the outfield players would be giving 110%

Sessegnon would fit in a 4 5 2 tactic.

He is like a defender who happens to be a forward who happens to be defending.

AnEssexFan

4-5-2 would be different, I mean, will it be rush goalie or just not have one at all? ;-)
@leightonrw07