News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our attacking play and Slavisa´s dilema.......

Started by colinwhite, September 20, 2016, 11:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

It's a great OP which covers almost all the things I've thought about watching Fulham this season.   I personally believe we have found it difficult to break teams down because we have let in goals and dropped points from midfield mistakes and are being more deliberate and less impulsive or inspired in moving the ball around.   I think Martin will benefit from a game or two when the side clicks together as it did at the beginning of August.  Although the team still shows good signs it is not quite as compelling as it was, and that may well be for the reasons you outlined.

Deni On T'Crossbar

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 21, 2016, 01:21:47 PM
Quote from: HectorWeso on September 21, 2016, 01:17:14 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 21, 2016, 01:09:51 PM
I would have liked to have tried Johanson behind Martin. He is a better support striker than a midfielder.

orly? Jeez Im glad you aint the manager. He's a DM. Thats where I play him in champ man and he's total ledge. I cheat a bit tho.

OP: great post, needs a tl;dr

Jeez I am glad we don't have to listen to people who play computer games. Having discussed at length with a Celtic fan and his Celtic loving mate who showed me a video. Then there was a press bit on it. Somehow I tend to believe them more than a computer game.

Agreed - almost as ridiculous as Sky Sports spouting FM stats on deadline day.

Especially given that, in my FM save, Bodurov was the best CB in the league and Cauley Woodrow blossomed into a world-class striker. At least one of these two developments seem slightly dodgy.

Lighthouse

Part of an article by Paul Warburton published yesterday.

In his middle season at Parkhead, 2014-15, the Norway international was the danger ghosting into the box as a third attacker where he scored 13 goals in 64 appearances for the Bhoys.

His ability to arrive at the last minute from central midfield and convert was a deadly weapon under boss Ronny

Johansen can play defensive midfielder - but it's not his best spot

The season after he netted an unlucky 13 as far as opposition was concerned, Johansen was required to plug a gap left in midfield by injured Scott Brown.

Far too often, the Norwegian would chase the ball but lose his runner enabling the attack to cash in.

Fulham coach Jokanovic knew his new man could play there - and put him in defensive midfield against Birmingham.

Once again, it didn't work as Whites needed a more potent attacking force, and Johansen was almost instantly withdrawn.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HectorWeso

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 21, 2016, 02:17:45 PM
Part of an article by Paul Warburton published yesterday.

In his middle season at Parkhead, 2014-15, the Norway international was the danger ghosting into the box as a third attacker where he scored 13 goals in 64 appearances for the Bhoys.

His ability to arrive at the last minute from central midfield and convert was a deadly weapon under boss Ronny

Johansen can play defensive midfielder - but it's not his best spot

The season after he netted an unlucky 13 as far as opposition was concerned, Johansen was required to plug a gap left in midfield by injured Scott Brown.

Far too often, the Norwegian would chase the ball but lose his runner enabling the attack to cash in.

Fulham coach Jokanovic knew his new man could play there - and put him in defensive midfield against Birmingham.

Once again, it didn't work as Whites needed a more potent attacking force, and Johansen was almost instantly withdrawn.

Bryan Ruiz would have been better

colinwhite

Lighthouse,  sounds like Johansen drifting in the box at the last minute to score is something he could do in our side from one of the defensive midfield positions , an area where we have lacked any kind of penetration. I hope this is the ploy to solve soeme of offensive problems.

Lighthouse

Quote from: colinwhite on September 21, 2016, 03:57:13 PM
Lighthouse,  sounds like Johansen drifting in the box at the last minute to score is something he could do in our side from one of the defensive midfield positions , an area where we have lacked any kind of penetration. I hope this is the ploy to solve soeme of offensive problems.

Possibly so. It is just that what I was being told (all be it by fans who watch Scottish Prem) plus the article. Sort of makes out he isn't that good as a defensive midfielder but shone as a 'third striker'. Although just having one striker at the moment for us would help.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope