watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

another question

Started by HatterDon, September 22, 2016, 03:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

This season -- league and cup -- how many of our strikers have created a goal for a teammate and won a penalty in the same match?

MJG?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mince n Tatties

And then missed the penalty, and 4 other glaring chances  :022:
Answers on a Postcard please.

Chutney

Woodrow should start the next league game, penalty was unlucky and he won it himself. Also created our goal, he showed more last night than any of our other strikers have showed so far.
C O Y W

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Chutney on September 22, 2016, 08:21:38 AM
Woodrow should start the next league game, penalty was unlucky and he won it himself. Also created our goal, he showed more last night than any of our other strikers have showed so far.

Thats the funniest thing ive read.

MJG

I look forward to the riot when he's named in it.

millsy

I always think Cauley is going to come good but he very rarely does. We need a consistent threat and regular scorer to take pressure off the team. Hopefully Chris Martin will offer this once he settles.

General

Im kinda surprised that martin wasn't given another run out to boost confidenxe and match fitness.. perhaps stifled because we're playing the same team in 3 days time.

Bill2

One swallow does not make a summer, he should have had 3 goals last night. He does not have a strikers instinct. This was showed in the second half when Malone put a low cross in, if he had attacked the near post he would have had an east tap in, but he was waiting for it to come across the box at the far post, where the ball was never going to end up.

westcliff white

Pen wasn't unlucky, it was poor. Weakly struck, not in the corner and easy height for the keeper. It's one all about half way thru the second half smash it down the middle, hardly any keeper stands still
Every day is a Fulham day

Snibbo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 22, 2016, 10:04:36 AM

I was never a fan of Kit Symons, he hadn't got what it takes. But if he had been our manager last night, I can imagine the stick he would be getting, and what would be flying about now.

Exactly.

westcliff white

Quote from: Snibbo on September 22, 2016, 11:10:44 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 22, 2016, 10:04:36 AM

I was never a fan of Kit Symons, he hadn't got what it takes. But if he had been our manager last night, I can imagine the stick he would be getting, and what would be flying about now.

Exactly.
Why say just Kit, could be said for Felix, Rene, Martin, Mark any of the, really. Perhaps because this is only 8 games into the squad he actually wanted rather than 20 odd? I don't get the playing two team thing especially if you need a result to boost confidence after the 2 draws we have had, but some on here wanted big changes so City didn't know what we would do at the weekend, even though they have scouted us for weeks I reckon.

General

Lose our second game of the season  (1 league 1 cup) and everyone's getting agitated.

Snibbo

Quote from: General on September 22, 2016, 11:50:12 AM
Lose our second game of the season  (1 league 1 cup) and everyone's getting agitated.
But last 4 games: 2 losses, both at home,  2 draws,  2 goals scored.

I think it's understandable that people are worried.  We need a win to arrest the slide

HectorWeso

Quote from: westcliff white on September 22, 2016, 09:53:36 AM
Pen wasn't unlucky, it was poor. Weakly struck, not in the corner and easy height for the keeper. It's one all about half way thru the second half smash it down the middle, hardly any keeper stands still

Pretty easy to say when you've watched the replay. I can score 100% of the time if I've seen what will happen. So could you - probably.

westcliff white

Quote from: HectorWeso on September 22, 2016, 01:14:47 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 22, 2016, 09:53:36 AM

Pretty easy to say when you've watched the replay. I can score 100% of the time if I've seen what will happen. So could you - probably.

Not pretty easy to say at all, how many keepers do you see stand still at penalties? My son plays striker, he takes penalties, very rarely does he go to the corners, always half way to two thirds height of the goal and within in a foot of the middle. It isn't rocket science.

CW had a poor game al round bar wining the pen and getting an assist, he was the striker and didn't do what they do sadly

BestOfBrede

I'm not sticking up for or dissing Cauley, but I did think the pen should have been retaken.
The keeper was not on the line and running about like an arsenal - unsporting conduct- retake was the order of the day imo,

Carborundum

CW will be kicking himself about the penalty and the one-on-one.  But let's get things into perspective.  Struggling strikers don't get into the positions CW fluffed. 

He's a talented player who is a bit of an all rounder, rather than having a stand out attribute. He works hard. 

If the goalie had gone the other way and we had won, we'd be clearing our throats for half an hour of ""Woodrow's on fire" on Saturday.

The worst thing about last night is that I can't get that "tune" out of my head today.

filham

Quote from: Snibbo on September 22, 2016, 12:58:40 PM
Quote from: General on September 22, 2016, 11:50:12 AM
But last 4 games: 2 losses, both at home,  2 draws,  2 goals scored.

I think it's understandable that people are worried.  We need a win to arrest the slide

Yes , I had exactly the same stats. in mind and they represent a relegation battle warning.
To turn thing around we need a good performance, 3 points and 3 goals on Saturday.