more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Having second thoughts about this manager already

Started by dannyboi-ffc, September 24, 2016, 04:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: Andy S on September 24, 2016, 07:41:06 PM
I think it is pointless apportioning blame to individuals as the whole team underperformed. It shows how you cannot use a stats man in football as you cannot fault the running they did it was the other stuff like passing as well as needless fouls that were given away. Parker was replaced as he was booked and lucky not to get a second yellow before half time. We lost our way from there. We still kept on giving away dodgy fouls. I also don't think we need to change the boss. He is stil trying to make his brand of football work. But how we could do with a player who could make a run into the box. We couldn't buy one in the transfer window. I'm not sure McCormack would have been that player. We needed a Louie Saha and they are few and far between.

Couldn't or were not prepared to spend the requisite sum of money? And then settled on a cheap loan deal for an unfit, out of form, striker who lacks pace and was not what our style (or that which we aspire to) requires.

AlexW132

I think it is pointless apportioning blame to individuals as the whole team underperformed. It shows how you cannot use a stats man in football as you cannot fault the running they did it was the other stuff like passing as well as needless fouls that were given away. Parker was replaced as he was booked and lucky not to get a second yellow before half time. We lost our way from there. We still kept on giving away dodgy fouls. I also don't think we need to change the boss. He is still trying to make his brand of football work. But how we could do with a player who could make a run into the box. We couldn't buy one in the transfer window. I'm not sure McCormack would have been that player. We needed a Louie Saha and they are few and far between.

For me that would have been Cyriac

Whitesideup

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 24, 2016, 05:44:55 PM
sacking him is not the answer and not what I want. But after singing his praises I'm having second thoughts that he is as good a tactician as I first thought. He needs to change the formation and try something else because being stubborn and persevering with this style will result in us not winning another home game because we are too easy to defend against.
What concerned me today, ok one of the things that concerned me today, was that having made substitutions, not only did the tactical changes not work, we got noticeably worse, and the game disintegrated from our point of view. The last 25 minutes or so were really painful to watch, even before McDonald got sent off.

davew

I think it is pointless apportioning blame to individuals as the whole team underperformed. It shows how you cannot use a stats man in football as you cannot fault the running they did it was the other stuff like passing as well as needless fouls that were given away. Parker was replaced as he was booked and lucky not to get a second yellow before half time. We lost our way from there. We still kept on giving away dodgy fouls. I also don't think we need to change the boss. He is still trying to make his brand of football work. But how we could do with a player who could make a run into the box. We couldn't buy one in the transfer window. I'm not sure McCormack would have been that player. We needed a Louie Saha and they are few and far between.
Didn't we recently have one, think his name was Dembele??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

NJFulham

Quote from: PokerMatt on September 24, 2016, 06:24:04 PM
I think annoyingly we've got another manager who doesn't play players where they should be.

Kebano, cairney and Aluko were on top of each other all day, with Sess (who looked like a kid out there, no fault of his) the only width we had. We need a clear left sided player and a right sided player, but that introduces the second issue that we don't have a squad blessed with wingers, once again.

I still have faith in joka but another performance like today and I might think otherwise. I said when he joined that I'd reserve judgment until Christmas this season. So I'll wait til then.

He had to move Cairney out of the middle because Brum shut him down.

@jolslover

Quote from: davew on September 24, 2016, 09:48:19 PM
Didn't we recently have one, think his name was Dembele??

ahaha agree
STH H3

PokerMatt

Quote from: NJFulham on September 25, 2016, 02:16:04 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on September 24, 2016, 06:24:04 PM
I think annoyingly we've got another manager who doesn't play players where they should be.

Kebano, cairney and Aluko were on top of each other all day, with Sess (who looked like a kid out there, no fault of his) the only width we had. We need a clear left sided player and a right sided player, but that introduces the second issue that we don't have a squad blessed with wingers, once again.

I still have faith in joka but another performance like today and I might think otherwise. I said when he joined that I'd reserve judgment until Christmas this season. So I'll wait til then.

He had to move Cairney out of the middle because Brum shut him down.

The point is he plays there regardless and everything was incredibly narrow on Saturday, compared to early in the season when the likes of Floyd Ayite were getting chalk on their boots.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Jims Dentist

Quote from: PokerMatt on September 24, 2016, 06:26:38 PM
Not the thread for it, but while I'm here I just want to state how deeply unimpressed I am with sigurdsson so far. He gave the ball away for the first goal and I don't think he won a header all day. Looked totally lost out there.
Yes he is definitely not the dominating CB that we needed.
Yesterday he did not look too comfortable in the passing possession game at the back.
Rumour has it we paid a hefty fee for him.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: li_special on September 24, 2016, 04:53:02 PM
This is embarrassing.

How is it embarrassing? Its the posters opinion, point of view, try not to be so rude and arrogant, and maybe discuss the situation, rather than disrespect people like a little school boy. That's whats really embarrassing.

I too, like the OP, are not to sure about Jokanovic either. Guy is apparently God in most fans eyes, this wonderful tactician, who, gets out coached by people like Lee Johnson, Gary Rowett, Nigel Clough, Gary Caldwell, average Championship managers.

One foot Cairney, twisting and turning on the edge of their box to get it on the right foot, before giving it away, and being hit on the break.

He has become SO predictable, that every Club we play now, has worked us out before a ball has even been touched, and he's clueless on how to change things, other than throw on every available sub.