News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One holding midfielder at home Mr Jokanovic- just ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by dannyboi-ffc, September 24, 2016, 07:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Fulham76 on September 25, 2016, 10:20:29 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 24, 2016, 07:55:00 PM
Sorry Danny for once I will disagree, if we play 2 attacking full backs at home then we need the two defensive midfielders. Full backs these days don't defend, there are very few Stuart Pearce's around these days. With Odoi and Sess both going forward we are left exposed so we need them.

Yep, that's exactly what happened for their first goal yesterday. Sessignon was so far forward when we lost the ball, 2 of their players had a free run at our goal. Literally stole the ball, one pass forward without any cover or tackle & crossed it for their guy put it away. Eezy peezy

I appreciate this problem but yesterday that happened when we did have 2 holding midfielders.  Maybe if there was only one and we had another forward we wouldn't lose the ball so close to our goal because we wouldn't be tempted to pass the ball 5 yards sideways all the time and might get some penetration rather than always playing everything in front of them
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

westcliff white

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 25, 2016, 12:50:17 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on September 25, 2016, 10:20:29 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 24, 2016, 07:55:00 PM
Sorry Danny for once I will disagree, if we play 2 attacking full backs at home then we need the two defensive midfielders. Full backs these days don't defend, there are very few Stuart Pearce's around these days. With Odoi and Sess both going forward we are left exposed so we need them.

Yep, that's exactly what happened for their first goal yesterday. Sessignon was so far forward when we lost the ball, 2 of their players had a free run at our goal. Literally stole the ball, one pass forward without any cover or tackle & crossed it for their guy put it away. Eezy peezy

I appreciate this problem but yesterday that happened when we did have 2 holding midfielders.  Maybe if there was only one and we had another forward we wouldn't lose the ball so close to our goal because we wouldn't be tempted to pass the ball 5 yards sideways all the time and might get some penetration rather than always playing everything in front of them
Then the full backs have to be more conservative and we need our wide attacking players to do their bit, bit right now Kebano keeps coming inside as does Cairney so we have no width. Ayite stays wide that helps us sadly as we know he is injured
Every day is a Fulham day