watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sam Allardyce has left his position as England manager

Started by sunburywhite, September 27, 2016, 07:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Leaves a bad taste in the mouth that the new England manager  on 3 million a year, is prepared to tout for more money, even though I don't like such  agent provocateur  methods of journalism.

What does tis say about the game - that Big Sam even entertained this, and that he happily spoke of  ways of  avoiding FA rules on player transfers, relating to player exploitation.

He's the England manager just got his dream job, for Christ sakes, and before an important game he's spending time  involved in this  kind of  thing - for few more bob.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on September 28, 2016, 08:06:32 AM
Personally i liked him, met him a couple of times. I think we can be sure that he is not the only one, unfortunately for him he got caught. From what i saw i thought he was giving an explanation of what goes on, although i have only seen it once and could of misunderstood. I think i must have missed some of it.

So you keep the Company of Gangsters then Alfie? :005:

Carborundum

The newspaper moved very quickly after his appointment to set up the sting.  Can only think they were confident in how he would react and nervous that another paper would beat them to it.

It's not unusual for some elements of what took place to be held back, only to be released and sell more papers once the initial fuss has died down.  Wonder if we have heard the full story just yet.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 28, 2016, 08:55:50 AM
Personally i liked him, met him a couple of times. I think we can be sure that he is not the only one, unfortunately for him he got caught. From what i saw i thought he was giving an explanation of what goes on, although i have only seen it once and could of misunderstood. I think i must have missed some of it.

Mince
Hope you don't wake up & find a horses head next to you!

Lighthouse

His reputation preceded him. He is one of the old school who would see nothing wrong in boasting how to get around the rules. Frankly it was only a matter of time when this and other revelations began to be exposed. If you look at everything in football from Ticket prices, players wages, transfer fees, agents fees and third party ownership. The game is drowning in money. That alone attracts the kind of people who want more and more and will never be happy until they are screwing the fans or someone further down the food chain then they are.

Sad to say but our England Manager belonged to a time of exchanging money in brown paper parcels at motorway stations. So he would have always been aware of ways of getting around the rules. It is hypocritical of us to feel he is anything unusual. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EN1 FFC

Think it's left his integrity in tatters.  :wine: Has to be mostly Greed. He tells people how to circumvent FA rules on 3rd party ownership of players, sounds to me he was very open  :beer: in what he told these fraudsters. I suspect he's done this before during his career, and might have a reputation 078.gif of being someone who is open to being tapped up for a decent payday.

With the Chinese gambling syndicates trying to get any info they can, Sam  :beer: would be a prime target.  096.gig

Rhys Lightning 63

I just happened to be recording a podcast when the news was breaking, (cheap plug alert, it's only 20 minutes of your day, listen to it at work), so I'll just leave my thoughts here

https://soundcloud.com/totalbspodcast/season-3-episode-4-oh-sammy-boy
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Neil D

The English managerial talent gene pool is embarrassingly shallow - hence his appointment.  He feels he is the victim of entrapment and this indicates his unwillingness to confront his own venality.  Good riddance.  There are no English managers with the necessary tactical aptitude to take on this particular poison chalice and we will need to look abroad.  Also ABH (Anyone But Hoddle).

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Neil D on September 28, 2016, 10:22:54 AM
The English managerial talent gene pool is embarrassingly shallow - hence his appointment.  He feels he is the victim of entrapment and this indicates his unwillingness to confront his own venality.  Good riddance.  There are no English managers with the necessary tactical aptitude to take on this particular poison chalice and we will need to look abroad.  Also ABH (Anyone But Hoddle).

0001.gif
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

snarks

You can't pretend Sam had the necessary tactical acumen either, didn't stop the fa going for him though. I would actually go with hoddle or shearer. What we do need is someone who will pick the best 11 in their positions, regardless of whether they are one of the best 11 in the premiership, or whatever league they play in.

Mince n Tatties

Jimmy Floyd down the road now being investigated along with a couple
of others.

Holders

McClaren has been a bit intemperate in his comments this morning!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

OdecaMynoT

FA; 'Here you are Sam. Take this £1 million quid and have a jolly good holiday to get over your trauma of being found out'.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/715550/Sam-Allardyce-disgrace-million-Spain-holiday-England-pay-off

Words fail.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

alfie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 28, 2016, 08:55:50 AM

might do :54:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: snarks on September 28, 2016, 11:55:35 AM
You can't pretend Sam had the necessary tactical acumen either, didn't stop the fa going for him though. I would actually go with hoddle or shearer. What we do need is someone who will pick the best 11 in their positions, regardless of whether they are one of the best 11 in the premiership, or whatever league they play in.

I'm not at all in touch with what's going on in England other than Fulham but are shearer and hoddle back in work? I kinda like what I remember of hoddle's philosophy. If neither have been in work since I remember then you can't give either the job IMO.

Jamie88

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on September 30, 2016, 09:46:07 AM

I'm not at all in touch with what's going on in England other than Fulham but are shearer and hoddle back in work? I kinda like what I remember of hoddle's philosophy. If neither have been in work since I remember then you can't give either the job IMO.

No, Shearer has never managed since his handful of matches in charge of Newcastle 7 years ago and Hoddle hasnt managed for 10 years

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 30, 2016, 10:14:43 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on September 30, 2016, 09:46:07 AM

No, Shearer has never managed since his handful of matches in charge of Newcastle 7 years ago and Hoddle hasnt managed for 10 years

Thanks Jamie. If we are fishing from that barrel then God help us. I have to say Fulham has meant more to me for years but the poster who wants shearer needs to be asked why. And hoddle's views are messed up to be polite.

England needs a manager, let's raid MOTD. Hoddle's was successful. Shearer? What are you on? Let's get the walkers guy in. Makes as much sense.

Jonaldiniho 88

I think hoddle could be a great manager but let him get back into management before we appoint him