watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Now THAT is Fulhamish!

Started by Kentish Gent, October 01, 2016, 02:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentish Gent

For those of us of a certain vintage, today's result is absolutely, totally, undeniably Fulhamish......

Fulham76

Maybe but more inclined to call today's result, (and many more so far this season), a massive cock up by the idiots in charge at Fulham by not replacing such a huge hole in the squad.

We all saw it coming but the idiots running the club didn't. Excellent work by them

ChesterTheTabby

I just keep uttering outloud to myself, "How... just how"
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RaySmith

It just seem so self -destructive.

But they tried to keep Ross and Dembele. We all knew we needed top quality replacements, but ended up getting  a Derby loanee at the last minute.

Are we still going for cut price options? Yes, we get good bargains sometimes, but goal scoring is so important, and difficult - which is why goal scorers like Ross go for top prices.

But, yes, today's game was certainly Fulhamish.

Max Headroom

I am soooo angry after today's game. Yes is Fulhamish, and it does look more and more unlikely we will be in the top 6 come season end.... aaarrrggghhh!

However, today was my first league visit to craven cottage this season, and this seasons team is so much better than last seasons team. We are a dembele short! Missing two penalties and two open goals and hitting the bar and losing. I'm angrier than at any time for ages, but I have a funny feeling at some point it will just click into place. I just hope it's sooner rather than later

I still back Jokanovic 100%

hopper

Quote from: Max Headroom on October 01, 2016, 03:16:39 PM
I am soooo angry after today's game. Yes is Fulhamish, and it does look more and more unlikely we will be in the top 6 come season end.... aaarrrggghhh!

However, today was my first league visit to craven cottage this season, and this seasons team is so much better than last seasons team. We are a dembele short! Missing two penalties and two open goals and hitting the bar and losing. I'm angrier than at any time for ages, but I have a funny feeling at some point it will just click into place. I just hope it's sooner rather than later

I still back Jokanovic 100%

Nice post. Its weird that in some ways we are playing well and somehow losing in the most unbelievable ways.

I've personally found today's game one of the saddest I've attended. Its such a contrast to last season which was a poor side with two excellent individuals. Now we are a good footballing side who are one of the worst at finishing I've ever seen

grandad

As it stands there are only 4 points between Brentford in 5th to us in 16th. Any team that can put even a small run together can cement a place challenging for the top 2.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

I think Fulhamish means bad luck and typical Fulham. But as the same thing happens every week. We create chances, we miss them, even two bloody penalties. This isn't Fulhamish. This is boring and embarrassing. I have seen the worst of Fulham and the best of Fulham. Never have I ever been bored and embarrassed by them. I am today.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Two other new members of the "ish" word. Villaish & Derbyish. Both these clubs were tipped for automatic promotion but both sit 1 point above the relegation zone.

cookieg

I think I would rather have lost 4-0 than lose that way. What an absolute kick in the     bo££ox. I certainly wasn't bored as I really couldn't see us losing until we sat back in the last 5-10 mins. And at the end of the day the manager - whoever the manager is - can't make a player score a penalty.

jarv

how....just how. Easy answer, football is full of management teams which do not have a clue. Look at Villa....oh, wait, we have something in common....idiot American owners....clueless.

Robbie

I think there are many reasons to be positive. The only foul up today was letting Cairney take that penalty. Else we had a hat full of chances.

Burt

Chances are nothing unless you put them in the net...

For every two shots we have, we should be getting at least one on target. A 50% strike rate. We have had a season of buckets of shots with probably around 20% on target.

hovewhite

Gobsmacked that we didn't win,approach,high energy,desire all there.just need a finisher!

filham

The penalty misses were bad but the time in the first half when we had two players right through with only the keeper to beat was even worse.
This squad is missing goal scorers, not sure who to blame for that.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: filham on October 01, 2016, 06:21:31 PM
The penalty misses were bad but the time in the first half when we had two players right through with only the keeper to beat was even worse.
This squad is missing goal scorers, not sure who to blame for that.
The board are to blame.Joka expressed his frustration after the Cardiff game at not getting important targets and Pereira was just one of those.James Wilson also.

grandad

I do blame the players. What they are failing to do every game is shoot on target. They do not have the basic skills to do what they should have learned in the youth level.They shouldn´t have to be taught this at their stage. Whether you are the best striker in the world or just an average Fulham player practice is of the utmost . Forget all the fancy physical jerks, shoot,shoot,shoot.

RaySmith

They seem to be suffering from crucial lack of confidence in front pf goal.

A few shots going in off a knee, or off the post could do wonders for them. At least we are creating the chances in the first places, and getting the pens.

I feel  very sorry for the team, they must be sick after today - we desperately need to get the good results of the start of the season to get back on track.