watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

aluko

Started by nose, October 01, 2016, 06:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW132

All our attackers (Aluko, Smith, Kebano, Ayité, Piazon, Martin in particular) have the same problem: they're good at creating chances, but when it comes to finishing them off they're woeful. Cairney is the only real exception, but having said that he is very one footed.

hopper

Too soon to say on Piazon and Ayite's finishing. Kebano, Aluko and Martin so far has been awful. The latter two did manage for once to find the back of the net on Tuesday but were offside ironically.

Christensen ain't a bad finisher, another one who deserves more game time. We simply have too many midfielder and Slav is compensating for this with heavy rotation when we need stability.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Please Hatterdon & NoGoodBoyo

Having slept on it & yes I was actually there so I saw it as it is were....

You "watched the highlights" or full 90 minutes whatever am I right?

That is to say you couldn't be present @ the Cottage correct?

It was an appalling performance by many Fulham players including the hopeless Aluko, Martin, Kebano & a few others to boot

Don't get me started on Ream & Button....

This against a very poor OPR side who ironically might have scored MORE than 2 against us - you could say we were lucky in that respect - some luck...

Oh for Alan Mullery never mind Berba to take the penalties

I don't know how you viewed the TV highlights but you are woefully inaccurate just as our "forwards" unfortunately are

Absolute rubbish

Once Parker went off the experience & guile to open the game up & create chances stopped

Who the hell is going to replace him?

Please stop defending a very poor performance - yet again

Too many points lost, too many scoring opportunities lost, too may excuses made

Piss poor preparation = Piss Poor Performance doesn't it Boyo?

Please both try to go to a match & "see it for real" because you just don't get it

The crocodile is stalking Joka, "tick tock"

A hugely disappointing result, much bigger than either of you can imagine

Please feel you have the right to reply BUT I saw it live & I am guessing you didn't?

IF you didn't then you really have no idea what actually happened

It was actually an exciting but hugely frustrating game but we were terrible

Penalties missed

Open goals missed

Crossbar whacked

No one with the ability to "put it into the net"

As FFC fans we have all been there over the years, that's nothing new

But in taking my son & nephew to see yesterday they (bless them) don't yet understand the necessary pain in supporting FFC (as well as the undeniable albeit limited joy of a few seasons of success)

With respect (you know what is coming) please actually get to a match before you "comment"

If you were there I apologise but certainly not for the dismal performance

Joka you should be ashamed of the performance of the team (your team!) that you put out & your inability to change it around

Tick Tock isn't it Boyo?

Rant over, for the moment

Baszab

Absolutely spot on post
Huge difference when you see the games live - you can really see who is sweating their a*** off for the cause and who is going thru the motions - where the tactics are wrong - how poor a motivator the manager is - very easy to criticise from afar those of us who have lost patience - Martin was shocking - consistently receives the worst player ratings in the Times match reports

RaySmith

I think you can often get a better idea of the game from a watching it on a screen at home rather than being there.

Well from experience I find that it depends  on your seat how good a view you get, plus there are other factors - what about sitting behind a goal? or if people are standing in front of you? or if your eyesight isn't so good? or if you've had a few pints? At away games the  seat is often  behind a goal or up high, plus there are people standing.

Personally, I find I'm too caught up in the game to  be able to  get an objective, detailed assessment of  every player's performance,  though fair play to those who can do this, and report so eloquently on here.

Anyway, I think Aluko is a very good player, though obviously has some faults, but he   always gives his all. He came so close on Saturday, and at least he  was in that position to be on the end of a chance. Not a natural striker, but offers a lot with his skill and pace. On another day at least one of our chances, from several players,  would have gone in. Aluko needs a bit of composure in front of goal, and confidence is  generally lacking in our players.

We need a good win, and I think we will get this, if the team keeps playing in the same way, and creates all the chances it did on Saturday.

HatterDon

Mr Love Child

Yes, you've got it in one. Nogood Boyo and I are completely ignorant about football, and only those who actually were in the Cottage knows what's going on.

Of course, those of us of a certain age know that that's not correct. Every time I saw a match in the 60s and 70s and spied a BBC or ITV camera, EVERYONE around me said, "I can't wait to watch the highlights so I can actually see ______." The number of times I thought the killer pass came from player A when, in reality, the TV cameras show it was camera B. Of course you may be spending the match watching all the replays on the big screen -- all the while missing what is happening "live."

I can't remember a match I saw in person that gave me the view of the pitch that 12-15 television cameras can. And neither can you.

But, please, go on with your endless negativity. And, while you're at it, please find in my earlier post on this thread where I said that the original poster was incorrect in his assessment. Thank you.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Chutney

Aluko is one of our worst players and people struggle to see that because he runs a lot.
C O Y W

nose

Quote from: Statto on October 03, 2016, 01:58:24 AM
Sorry VicHalom love child I was also at the game and totally disagree.

We battered QPR and by their own fans' admission it was a freak result. Yes we lack a proper, quality striker but you can't blame the manager or eleven players that played for that. People need to accept we're just going to need a bit of luck to win games until that deficiency is corrected.

Also Aluko was IMO one of our better players, up there with Parker. If you're going to blame him for not scoring you may as well blame Button because neither of them is that player.

I agree with you. I thought we played wellbabd deserved to win 5  1
But aluko was in the end a libility because he does not use his head...all the good work undone by poor decision making.  Imo needs to be dropped. I really want to like him and if he just changes a bit will become a legend... but currently more of a liability

FulhamStu

My observations are as follows.
Aluko should be played wide left, Cairney in the middle and someone else wide right.
The players seem too tight, too tense in front of goal.  Aluko more than most. Mother
Think they are going to miss so they miss.
Martin did nothing Saturday and something is amiss with him.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: HatterDon on October 03, 2016, 03:51:38 AM
Mr Love Child

Yes, you've got it in one. Nogood Boyo and I are completely ignorant about football, and only those who actually were in the Cottage knows what's going on.

Of course, those of us of a certain age know that that's not correct. Every time I saw a match in the 60s and 70s and spied a BBC or ITV camera, EVERYONE around me said, "I can't wait to watch the highlights so I can actually see ______." The number of times I thought the killer pass came from player A when, in reality, the TV cameras show it was camera B. Of course you may be spending the match watching all the replays on the big screen -- all the while missing what is happening "live."

I can't remember a match I saw in person that gave me the view of the pitch that 12-15 television cameras can. And neither can you.

But, please, go on with your endless negativity. And, while you're at it, please find in my earlier post on this thread where I said that the original poster was incorrect in his assessment. Thank you.

Dear HatterDon

If you want to claim that you are ignorant about football fair enough

I never actually said that

As to what is going on @ the Cottage... better ask the Manager & the Owner

As to why you claim that I have "endless negativity" I've no idea

Like you I am of a certain age & have been to see Fulham play since the 50's

So I have been through it all, born in Fulham, stayed with them through thick & thin, the very bad times & the pure joy of the very recent good ones, bar the last 2 seasons

I know & understand exactly why I support Fulham & what it takes

I did say that the match was both exciting & frustrating

We seem to start well, lively attacking football & then fade away

Lots of play from the back, initially to the wings then it seems to break down with the ball played back

When we occasionally pressed QPR they were panicking & we came close, sadly only one cigar

I keep on thinking that one day we are going to murder another team

It's just that day still hasn't happened (yet)

When it does it just might put us on a fantastic run, I certainly hope so

It was so disappointing that we didn't score the first penalty & get on to that good run on Saturday

From what I saw we have some excellent skilful forwards who don't appear to be able to find the net

3 or 4 small, fast & skilful midfielders / forwards who unfortunately in this division are up against big defenders, not good

Most people @ the ground knew that once Parker went off what was likely to happen

No leadership, no guile or experience to create an opening

Yet some howe we managed a second penalty but fluffed that as well

As for some posters claiming we were unlucky, we were actually very "lucky" having had 2 penalties, 2 open goals, Button & our awol defense @ times some how managing not to concede even more goals to QPR

It is hugely annoying that the lessons from selling Dembele 1 & Dempsey were not learned & we go & repeat it again by selling Dembele 2 & McCormack

However that topic has been done to death & is history

So time to move on & I hope that Joka has it in him to turn things round (jury def still out on that)

What was pleasing was to see the number of youngsters @ the ground from young children to teenagers to young adults

They are the future for Fulham & I dearly hope that we start winning very soon so as to continue to encourage them

I thank you

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on October 02, 2016, 11:23:54 PM

It was an appalling performance by many Fulham players including the hopeless Aluko, Martin, Kebano & a few others to boot

This against a very poor OPR side who ironically might have scored MORE than 2 against us - you could say we were lucky in that respect - some luck...

I don't know how you viewed the TV highlights but you are woefully inaccurate just as our "forwards" unfortunately are

Absolute rubbish

Once Parker went off the experience & guile to open the game up & create chances stopped

Please both try to go to a match & "see it for real" because you just don't get it

Please feel you have the right to reply BUT I saw it live & I am guessing you didn't?

Penalties missed

Open goals missed

Crossbar whacked

But in taking my son & nephew to see yesterday they (bless them) don't yet understand the necessary pain in supporting FFC (as well as the undeniable albeit limited joy of a few seasons of success)

With respect (you know what is coming) please actually get to a match before you "comment"

Joka you should be ashamed of the performance of the team (your team!) that you put out & your inability to change it around

Tick Tock isn't it Boyo?

Dear AnotherVic,
I hear you loud and clear about not attending. 
Unfortunately, I live on a farm 4,000 miles away, have 350 sheep, 10 Border Collies, an ailing cat, a separate small family business, four staff ....... and some relatives visiting from Didcot to look after.  Flying over for the odd game here and there is not on the cards.  I don't get days off, but I do always try to listen to Gentleman Jim and to watch the Full Ninety Minute replay on the Fulham website. 
In the meantime, if my ignorance in the shape of my lukewarm support for Aluko is so offensive to you, would you like me to stop commenting on the messageboard?  What about all the other non-attendees?
Looking forward to your considered reply.
With kind regards,
Nogood
P.S.  I do cheerfully admit to being completely ignorant about football.  I never played or managed anywhere near the professional level. (What a splendid topic for a healthy debate that would be, don't you think?) 

NogoodBoyo

Still awaiting a reply fromAnotherVicHalomLoveChild.  I can only assume the age of chivalry and politeness is well and truly over and we've all turned into Donald Trumps.
Nogood "no excuse for being rude, isit" Boyo

Neil D

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on October 03, 2016, 03:52:54 PM
Unfortunately, I live on a farm 4,000 miles away, have 350 sheep, 10 Border Collies, an ailing cat,
Wales isn't 4000 miles away.  I've been there.  That said I think you are perfectly entitled to comment as you see fit and there are too many of these 'you weren't there so can't comment' put-downs  on this forum.  By the way, I disagree about Aluko.  I think he offers something different to the team. 

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Neil D on October 04, 2016, 09:21:37 AM
Unfortunately, I live on a farm 4,000 miles away, have 350 sheep, 10 Border Collies, an ailing cat,
Wales isn't 4000 miles away.  I've been there.  That said I think you are perfectly entitled to comment as you see fit and there are too many of these 'you weren't there so can't comment' put-downs  on this forum.  By the way, I disagree about Aluko.  I think he offers something different to the team.

I think you must be employing the famous American "irony" here, Neil, but I live in upstate New York.  I was born and bred in mid-Wales, went to school in England and lived in London for fifteen years (including one in Doneraile Street, Fulham). 
All of that means I honestly do not know much about football, but I would like to hear from AnotherVic.  I suppose that's not going to happen.  Another case of someone throwing an incendiary device out there without knowing the facts and just leaving the wreckage for others to deal with.
Nogood "and I'm half English too, see" Boyo

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on October 02, 2016, 11:23:54 PM

Absolute rubbish

Penalties missed

Open goals missed

Crossbar whacked

Tick Tock isn't it Boyo?

Dear AnotherVic,
I hear you loud and clear about not attending. 
Unfortunately, I live on a farm 4,000 miles away, have 350 sheep, 10 Border Collies, an ailing cat, a separate small family business, four staff ....... and some relatives visiting from Didcot to look after.  Flying over for the odd game here and there is not on the cards.  I don't get days off, but I do always try to listen to Gentleman Jim and to watch the Full Ninety Minute replay on the Fulham website. 
In the meantime, if my ignorance in the shape of my lukewarm support for Aluko is so offensive to you, would you like me to stop commenting on the messageboard?  What about all the other non-attendees?
Looking forward to your considered reply.
With kind regards,
Nogood
P.S.  I do cheerfully admit to being completely ignorant about football.  I never played or managed anywhere near the professional level. (What a splendid topic for a healthy debate that would be, don't you think?) 

Dear NogoodBoyo
Please give me to get the chance to turn the computer on & see your reply
I don't live with it wired up to me!
I clearly have upset both you & Hatterdon by just asking whether you were actually @ the game or had seen it on TV
I apologise to both of you BUT I did not say that either of you were ignorant
On the basis you quote yourself as that then I too am also ignorant having never played or managed @ that level
Clearly you live in blissful surroundings with your sheep, Border Collies & your poorly pussy cat
You probably get more sense out of them currently than our Owner, Manager & some of our team do from what is going on @ CC
I think you have just said you agree (albeit lukewarm - no problem) with me regarding Aluko, none the less...
We all hope that we give a massive thumping soon to whoever we play next (is it Villa, can't remember - oh oh classic Fulhamish scenario there then!) 
I'm sure we will turn it round, beat them & start on a fantastic run climbing the table
The fact is we were all over them but faded the longer the match went on
Another fact is we were "lucky" (in my view, I know others disagree saying we need some luck)
2 penalties
2 open goals
Didn't concede more than 2 (it might have been 2 or 3 more)
Sadly that "luck" didn't end in more goals for us & 3 points, although (of course) it should have done, but that's football
As I said, what was encouraging was the number of younger people present & therein lies the future of FFC
Let the manager & team forget what has gone, get their act together during the break & on the training pitch
Let's have a plan & start to win - for all our sakes!

JOND999

Aluko's missed penalty was pretty bad.  scuffed it and dragged it.  no conviction, poor strike.  and at a key moment.  how do we not have a designated PK taker on this team?  i've said it many, many times but Berbatov would come back in a heart-beat.  he's a great PK taker.  we're a target man team anyway.  having him walk around up front is not a big deal.  that's what Matt Smith does.  Berba scores goals.  that's the whole point of the game.  saying his style or attitude or whatever doesn't work for us is nonsense.  you put the pumpkin in the basket, you play.  go get him!

NogoodBoyo

Nice reply, AnotherVic.  Thanks. 
One thing upon which we agree - we all must live in hope.
Nogood "being hopeless, isit" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: JOND999 on October 04, 2016, 03:43:43 PM
Aluko's missed penalty was pretty bad.  scuffed it and dragged it.  no conviction, poor strike.  and at a key moment.  how do we not have a designated PK taker on this team?  i've said it many, many times but Berbatov would come back in a heart-beat.  he's a great PK taker.  we're a target man team anyway.  having him walk around up front is not a big deal.  that's what Matt Smith does.  Berba scores goals.  that's the whole point of the game.  saying his style or attitude or whatever doesn't work for us is nonsense.  you put the pumpkin in the basket, you play.  go get him!

Berba back at the Cottage?  Dear god no.  That would almost be as dangerous as Trump in the White House.
Nogood "no politics, no Berbatovs, isit" Boyo

HatterDon

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on October 07, 2016, 01:58:47 PM
Nice reply, AnotherVic.  Thanks. 
One thing upon which we agree - we all must live in hope.
Nogood "being hopeless, isit" Boyo

Let me tack on this hyar bulletin board. Mr AnotherVic, you never offended me, just confused me. I never disagreed with the original poster about Aluko's performance in the last match, nor did I talk about his performance at all. I just wasn't quite sure why you called me out. Could be all us yanks just look alike.

I will say, however, when I'm linked in any way with Mr. Boyo, I consider it a compliment.  049:gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

Martin is taking most of the stick at the moment for not scoring goals but just look at the stats of the players we had expected to score frequently:-

Games played                Goals Scored

Aluko                                     10                        1

Cairney                                   11                      3

Smith                                      11                      2

Martin                                      6                       0

I wonder what the stats of these players was like with other clubs and why they are failing to score with us.