Main Menu

If you're complaining about the lack of goals

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, October 01, 2016, 01:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

and the fat old scotsman has just missed a penalty for villa

dannyboi-ffc

I'll make a deal with you Rhys?

Ross just missed a penalty for Villa today as they lose 2-0 to a team we beat this season. So can you accept we are better off without him now haha
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 01, 2016, 04:59:16 PM

Ross just missed a penalty for Villa today as they lose 2-0 to a team we beat this season. So can you accept we are better off without him now haha

Missed or saved?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Bill2

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 01, 2016, 04:09:48 PM
I don't think anyone wanted Ross to go - he wanted to go, and when we found this out - we all thought we can't have a player that doesn't want to be here....

Moussa had his own agenda, he basically went on a free (1/2 a million quid)....and got a whopper signing on fee...

Both player's wanted to go.....

Fulham's problem was simple, they didn't splash the cash on a like for like replacement..... And now the club is suffering..... At best with our players we are going to be a top 12 club......yes, we have improved since last season - but we've also gone 1 step back
:plus one:

EJL

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on October 01, 2016, 04:02:32 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 01, 2016, 03:53:11 PM
This obsession with McCormack is doing my head in. If you want my honest opinion I think we pulled Villas trousers down getting that much money for a 30 year old. Failing to replace him is a completely different debate to saying "told you so" every time we don't score.

We also lost our fair share at home when McCormack played too and Villa haven't exactly had too many wins so far.

If anything the obsession should be with Dembele who would have been perfect for this system. There's the frustration, losing a young quick goalscorer for peanuts instead of crying about a 30 year old who went for 12million.

Tell you what, I'll make you (and the FOF board a deal). I will stop obsessing with McCormack, if those people that were glad to see him ago admit that we would have better off with him
What do you gain from that? It's a bit pathetic, mate.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: andyk on October 01, 2016, 03:10:20 PM
How is he doing at Villa?

He is over the hill and unlikely to score many more. No doubt he was a great player, but selling him wasn't the mistake.

How are villa doing generally? In our squad he scored because we played to his strengths, villa don't.

FFCFOREVER

Lets swap him for Martin and Smith in Jan. :005:

filham

At the risk of repeating myself I must say that the priority in every window for us has to be to hang on to our best players as if they leave for a good fee the money is never used on a good replacement. So it was with Ross and to think that we lost both Ross and Dembele without signing a suitable replacement is damning on our management.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on October 01, 2016, 05:02:02 PM

Missed or saved?

clutching at straws hoping that will save your blushes after jumping the gun today. Pretty bad luck on your part that Ross missed a penalty. What are the chances lol.

Imo a penalty can be classed as missing the target if it goes wide or high. But if the ball doesn't hit the back of the net whether it's an unbelievable save or not its a penalty missed
A striker who can't beat a keeper from 12 yards unchallenged with the whole goal to aim at doesn't deserve excuses. He missed end of.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 01, 2016, 08:47:20 PM

Missed or saved?

clutching at straws hoping that will save your blushes after jumping the gun today. Pretty bad luck on your part that Ross missed a penalty. What are the chances lol.

Imo a penalty can be classed as missing the target if it goes wide or high. But if the ball doesn't hit the back of the net whether it's an unbelievable save or not its a penalty missed
A striker who can't beat a keeper from 12 yards unchallenged with the whole goal to aim at doesn't deserve excuses. He missed end of.

So he had penalty saved. I'll always give a taker SOME credit if they hit the target, that's the minimum.

Ross would have put away the Martin chance from Piazon's pass, I'd rather have had him standing over that FK at the end than Jozabed, he would have scored when Scott had his shot cleared off the line and he would have put away AT LEAST one of the chances Sone Aluko & Kebano had.

If Ross was there, we would have won that game and more games this season to boot. And for all these saying he didn't help out at the back, you don't buy a forward for his defensive capabilities, if he's good at them, then that's just a bonus.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on October 01, 2016, 11:08:34 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 01, 2016, 08:47:20 PM

Missed or saved?

So he had penalty saved. I'll always give a taker SOME credit if they hit the target, that's the minimum.

Ross would have put away the Martin chance from Piazon's pass, I'd rather have had him standing over that FK at the end than Jozabed, he would have scored when Scott had his shot cleared off the line and he would have put away AT LEAST one of the chances Sone Aluko & Kebano had.

If Ross was there, we would have won that game and more games this season to boot. And for all these saying he didn't help out at the back, you don't buy a forward for his defensive capabilities, if he's good at them, then that's just a bonus.

You give credit to a striker for hitting the target from 12 yards? Even my 3 year old daughter could hit the target. You even did from further out after spinning for a few minutes and these guys are professionals.

All ifs and buts about Ross. Whatever we think of our current team it is better than last season and in order to make it better we needed to sell Ross to fund it. Would Ross score goals for us? Yes. Would we be a better team? I'm not so sure as we'd still probably have players like O hara and Burn to save the budget for elsewhere.

We miss Dembele. Ross can't play up front on his own which is the system Joka is obsessed with.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

nose

We are a better team now but need a proper striker
Whose idea was martin... he wouldn't make a sunday morning team

Max Headroom

Dembele is the man we miss, not McCormack. We are creating the chances just not finishing them.

MikeW

On the bench yesterday and missed a pen .... Hmmmm
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."