watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pre Match Burgers

Started by Ron Sheepskin, August 21, 2010, 05:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sheepskin

I've not had much joy finding a decent one near the ground since the Bishops Park Cafe barbecue packed in - everything seems to be recycled shoe leather now.

Anyone found anywhere decent for me and the boy to grab one on the way in - I'm not looking for fancy GBQ stuff, just a decent bite.
I'd be more than happy to eat inside the ground once the catering team have listened and responded to the fans forum..
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

FatFreddysCat

I know the bird who runs one on Stevenage rd (ballacks chelsea have just scored), heading towards Hammersmith, lovely girl, but i still haven't tried her wares. Give her a try, and let me know, as she's promised me a free burger.

Ron Sheepskin

Cheers for that - I'll give it a whirl, probably Wednesday rather than tomorrow.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

The Italian restaurant just down from the Golden Lion used to cook erm outside,very nice,used to buy one and eat it on the way to the ground last season :clap_hands:

leonffc

As Syd says, the Itie place is good but that little cafe thing just as you come off the bridge by the church is second to none. I recommend the roast beef roll with horse radish although my boy says the burgers are the best.

Or is this the cafe you were on about? I hope not!! I'm pressuming you meant the one by the toilets where the avery used to be?

Chopper

Quote from: leonffc on August 21, 2010, 07:10:31 PM
As Syd says, the Itie place is good but that little cafe thing just as you come off the bridge by the church is second to none. I recommend the roast beef roll with horse radish although my boy says the burgers are the best.

Or is this the cafe you were on about? I hope not!! I'm pressuming you meant the one by the toilets where the avery used to be?

The one by All Saints Church IS good but quite pricey - £5 I think (certainly not much change from a fiver) though the burgers are a good size and I think some of the cash goes to a charity.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

watfordwhite

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 21, 2010, 05:53:38 PM
I know the bird who runs one on Stevenage rd (ballacks the dark side have just scored), heading towards Hammersmith, lovely girl, but i still haven't tried her wares. Give her a try, and let me know, as she's promised me a free burger.

Fred try the 1/2lb bacon cheese with burger sauce.  :59: :59: :59: :59: :Sparkyticus:

GoldCoastWhite

I had a burger at the Italian place in 2008 so theyv'e been doing it for at least a couple of seasons now. Made fresh while you wait and I remember it being a good 'un, preparing my stomach for an influx of shouting juice.

tingtawng

the italian restaurant on the corner as you walk from putney ,just before the Fishers fish and chip shop is good.
IN SVEN VE TVUST

tingtawng

ahem, the bishops park stall in front of the cafe is still there as usual ,but i dont rate them ,they must do the biggest turnover of all
IN SVEN VE TVUST