Main Menu

England Tonight

Started by filham, October 11, 2016, 07:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: love4ffc on October 11, 2016, 09:51:54 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on October 11, 2016, 09:47:03 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on October 11, 2016, 09:33:57 PM
Is Gary Cahill still the best choice for CB? 
He and Stones were both terrible
That is what I was thinking so what are the better options? 
Smalling of new is better than Stones as the ball playing centre back, as for the Cahill ole sadly they are all much the same
Every day is a Fulham day

Whitesideup

Quote from: westcliff white on October 11, 2016, 09:46:37 PM
who ever becomes manager has a hard job, we do not have any world class players or even top quality players these days, no matter what 23 is picked it will just be a good team at best.

Hart tonight was outstanding, seemed to be back to somewhere near his best but he has a long way to go still to get back to his very best
What more could he have done tonight? I thought he was outstanding. What more should he have done to be "back to his best"?

westcliff white

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 11, 2016, 10:25:32 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on October 11, 2016, 09:46:37 PM
who ever becomes manager has a hard job, we do not have any world class players or even top quality players these days, no matter what 23 is picked it will just be a good team at best.

Hart tonight was outstanding, seemed to be back to somewhere near his best but he has a long way to go still to get back to his very best
What more could he have done tonight? I thought he was outstanding. What more should he have done to be "back to his best"?
He was, didn't say he wasn't, but one game doesn't mean your back to your best. His distribution was average as was his communication, but his reactions, and shot stopping was first class
Every day is a Fulham day

Beamer

Having watched that tonight suddenly watching Fulham doesn't seem so bad.
That must rank in the top 5 worst England performances in my lifetime and I have lived quite a while.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Beamer on October 11, 2016, 10:37:35 PM
Having watched that tonight suddenly watching Fulham doesn't seem so bad.
That must rank in the top 5 worst England performances in my lifetime and I have lived quite a while.

Could be worse, Scots fans saying that's their worst side ever..If we don't put a few past them next month
we are in trouble.

HatterDon

Quote from: fulhamben on October 11, 2016, 08:03:21 PM
No, Henderson and dier in the middle is poor. Lingaurd and sturidge shouldn't be playing either

Worst spell of England support I've seen in a long time.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 11, 2016, 09:19:31 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on October 11, 2016, 09:14:59 PM
John Stones is truly overratted

They all are.
If it wasn't for the foreign imports our premier
League would be rubbish I'm afraid.
Equally  our national team is rubbish because of all the foreign imports, these are the best we have because most of our home grown talents never get a look in.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on October 12, 2016, 08:35:42 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 11, 2016, 09:19:31 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on October 11, 2016, 09:14:59 PM
John Stones is truly overratted

They all are.
If it wasn't for the foreign imports our premier
League would be rubbish I'm afraid.
Equally  our national team is rubbish because of all the foreign imports, these are the best we have because most of our home grown talents never get a look in.

[/quote

Your right as I've stated on many occasions.
And its going to get worse until we change or stop
the influx.

Aaron

Just a bit of a thought.. and it's a bit left field.

I think it's probably fair to say that the US and the UK give their sporting stars more attention in the press than just about anywhere else in the world.  For the most part, the US media system focuses more or less entirely on what that player/team does on the field of play.  There are exceptions of course (OJ, Aaron Hernandez) but for the most part it needs to be something pretty crazy for the shift in focus to occur.  The American press doesn't really seem to care that much about what "line" an NFL players wife is wearing and the "Celeb" culture thing isn't as intense.  In short, US sportsmen and sportswomen are generally athletes first and celebrities second.  It seems to be the exact opposite in the UK.  We're more interested in general in what happens off the field than we are what happens on it.

You know when sometimes you stumble on a band nobody has ever heard of before and you just think "Wow!" the first time you listen to them?  Then, before you know it, everybody has jumped on the bandwagon and they have their second album out so you pick it up, give it a spin and think "What the hell just happened?" before putting it back on the shelf and never listening to it again?  Where'd all that passion and anger go?  It went out the window when the lead singer became a millionaire and decided he liked being on the cover of glossy magazines and pulling supermodels more than spending time with his guitar and being annoyed with his lot in life.

My theory is that English footballers legitimately couldn't give a toss what happens on the football field, it's a necessary evil that they can't really be bothered with.  Footballers (particularly English born/raised) just want the money and celebrity status because that's what passes for culture these days.  You give a 16 or 17 year old from a poor working class background the keys to a Porsche,  more money in a week than he's seen in his life to that point and then validate and encourage a "Playboy" lifestyle and you genuinely expect him to give a crap what happens on a football field? 

SAF was raging when Beckham decided to marry a pop star because he knew he'd have his head turned and stop focusing on the game, this is now the norm rather than the exception and it shows.  Footballers don't want to be footballers anymore, they want to be millionaires and football is just an unfortunate distraction for them in between buying Ferraris.

epsomraver

What a load of tosh, I lost a minute of my life reading that.

fulhamben

Quote from: Aaron on October 12, 2016, 11:07:06 AM
Just a bit of a thought.. and it's a bit left field.

I think it's probably fair to say that the US and the UK give their sporting stars more attention in the press than just about anywhere else in the world.  For the most part, the US media system focuses more or less entirely on what that player/team does on the field of play.  There are exceptions of course (OJ, Aaron Hernandez) but for the most part it needs to be something pretty crazy for the shift in focus to occur.  The American press doesn't really seem to care that much about what "line" an NFL players wife is wearing and the "Celeb" culture thing isn't as intense.  In short, US sportsmen and sportswomen are generally athletes first and celebrities second.  It seems to be the exact opposite in the UK.  We're more interested in general in what happens off the field than we are what happens on it.

You know when sometimes you stumble on a band nobody has ever heard of before and you just think "Wow!" the first time you listen to them?  Then, before you know it, everybody has jumped on the bandwagon and they have their second album out so you pick it up, give it a spin and think "What the hell just happened?" before putting it back on the shelf and never listening to it again?  Where'd all that passion and anger go?  It went out the window when the lead singer became a millionaire and decided he liked being on the cover of glossy magazines and pulling supermodels more than spending time with his guitar and being annoyed with his lot in life.

My theory is that English footballers legitimately couldn't give a toss what happens on the football field, it's a necessary evil that they can't really be bothered with.  Footballers (particularly English born/raised) just want the money and celebrity status because that's what passes for culture these days.  You give a 16 or 17 year old from a poor working class background the keys to a Porsche,  more money in a week than he's seen in his life to that point and then validate and encourage a "Playboy" lifestyle and you genuinely expect him to give a crap what happens on a football field? 

SAF was raging when Beckham decided to marry a pop star because he knew he'd have his head turned and stop focusing on the game, this is now the norm rather than the exception and it shows.  Footballers don't want to be footballers anymore, they want to be millionaires and football is just an unfortunate distraction for them in between buying Ferraris.

Saf was raging so much that he kept him in the first team for a whole 6 years more after he met posh. And becks head turned so much that he was only good enough to go and play for that lesser known club real Madrid,after his life spiraled out of control due to dating vicky
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Aaron

So it's safe to say you all agree with me then?

HatterDon

Quote from: Aaron on October 12, 2016, 06:56:42 PM
So it's safe to say you all agree with me then?

065.gif :Haynes The Maestro: 077.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Can we all just respect other people opinion with out resorting to ridicule. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

davew

I watched the match only because I visited Slovenia earlier this year to see if there was anybody in the crowd I recognised and not really to watch our "national" side who under achieve more than some of our lesser known recently signed starlets. We all agree whath is our weakest position at FFC which remains unfilled and what I have seen, I wouldn't even sign Sturridge, is he really the best English striker? If so there is no hope for us getting somebody to Bale (sorry I meant bail) us out up front.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: davew on October 12, 2016, 11:10:19 PM
I watched the match only because I visited Slovenia earlier this year to see if there was anybody in the crowd I recognised and not really to watch our "national" side who under achieve more than some of our lesser known recently signed starlets. We all agree whath is our weakest position at FFC which remains unfilled and what I have seen, I wouldn't even sign Sturridge, is he really the best English striker? If so there is no hope for us getting somebody to Bale (sorry I meant bail) us out up front.
no he isnt, but our interim manager thinks he is. But at least he won't get the job full time
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

love4ffc

Quote from: Berserker on October 12, 2016, 10:55:04 PM
Can we all just respect other people opinion with out resorting to ridicule. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
:plus one:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bog

The front 3 were not up to it. Should have changed to Vardy, Rashford and Townsend at the 60 min mark.

092.gif