Main Menu

Villa currently in the bottom 3

Started by JoelH5, October 15, 2016, 05:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

What's that Ross? Take me back you say?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

SP

Villa the 'sleeping giants' are awaking, the point today moves them out of the relegation zone, well done to all.  But Ross still draws his £s this week regardless of performance, result or position in the league.

fulhamben

Just watched their highlights. They are a carbon copy of us last couple of years. Great attack but an absolutely shocking defence. They should have lost today
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFCFOREVER

Whst's the old saying?The grass is'nt always greener is it Rossy boy.

Fulham76

I can see them clicking under Bruce just in time to play us.

Berserker

I can see that happening for sure. By the way how good is Steve Bruce actually

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

toshes mate

Quote from: JoelH5 on October 15, 2016, 05:12:53 PM
What's that Ross? Take me back you say?

Beautiful and deft flicked pass that led up to Villa penalty, but he didn't really have a sniff of a chance all game.  I don't think Bruce is going to recover Villa by January, if ever.

Roberty

If Ross is not taking their penalties - he will not be getting 20 goals this season
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

hovewhite

Massive game against villa as they all are ,bearing in mind our lack of results at the cottage we need to carry on picking up away points plus will be a tough job for Bruce at villa ,and no reason why we can't pick up more points.

Jonaldiniho 88

I feel sorry for Ross. I shouldn't I know. He earns big and hasn't really shown any club much loyalty, but he is very good and often goes to clubs who have all promise of doing well and despite him doing well they just don't. There have been "inside people" saying he was very disruptive and toxic .... But he did our club well in performances and by resigning repeatedly which helped him and us. As much as I don't like greedy players (aren't they all), he got a good deal for himself and allowed us to get a good deal for him. Let's hope he doesn't score against us and we don't help them climb the ladder. After that he can be top scorer and they can finish 20th for all I care.

RaySmith

I only have praise for Ross for his goals and assists for us, which helped keep us up.

As for the rumours of  being disruptive - well, I'm not interested in gossip, and since I have no idea what Ross is  like personally, I don't take much notice of them.

It's certainly true that top sports people  probably have big egos and a certain amount of arrogance, especially goalscorers maybe. Well, a striker lives and dies by goals scored, look at Martin, so probably not likely to be a shrinking violet.

About our form. The next couple of games are  really important, and Villa should be a  tough test - love to be there. But look at today's result of  Huddersfield v  Wednesday, and you can see how things can change with one result.

If Huddersfield had won they would have gone top, while  Wednesday would have stayed blow us, but are now just below the play-offs.

Fulham Tup North

My Skybet is looking good. A.VILLA & WIGAN to both go down = 125/1.
Time yet
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

SP

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Interesting to see Bruce come out today and say some of his players are not in shape. If talking about Ross, he's in foor a shock, because 13stone is always about as good as it gets. I actually got 11/2 at the start of the season, albeit for just a tenner, that Birmingham would finish above Villa this season. Would love to see them in Div 1

bog

The only thing I saw Ross do in the 5 highlights was try to push an opponent over.  :doh:

092.gif

SP

Until Terry does his thing, I had a quick scan of a couple of Villa sites & they expect to lose at Reading midweek.  Reading are no pushovers so I expect a few goals too.  A point v Norwich then win at Villa would do nicely.

049:gif

Carborundum

Quote from: Berserker on October 16, 2016, 10:15:30 AM
I can see that happening for sure. By the way how good is Steve Bruce actually

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

His record suggests pretty good.  My take is that he has an affable authority about him that players tend to respect.  Nothing edgy about him, which means that players have an environment where they can play their best football.