more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who is our greatest ever loan signing?

Started by SP, October 31, 2016, 02:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Quote from: Twig on November 01, 2016, 03:44:53 PM
Must admit, I have followed Fulham for 50 years but I did not realise Mullers was a loan signing for his second spell with us.  You live and learn.

Likewise!

Supermitch

Quote from: Burt on November 01, 2016, 08:58:57 PM
Must admit, I have followed Fulham for 50 years but I did not realise Mullers was a loan signing for his second spell with us.  You live and learn.

Likewise!

He joined initially on loan but it was then made a permanent move

Sgt Fulham

Lewis Holtby at any other time. Was a cut well above the rest of the dross playing for us at the time but unfortunately the madman didn't like him.

cmg

Quote from: Supermitch on November 01, 2016, 11:15:53 PM

Likewise!

He was Spurs captain at the start of the 71/72 season when he developed a long-term injury. When he had recovered he couldn't get his place back. Frustrated at the lack of action he asked Bill Nicholson, the Spurs manager, to send him on loan as he 'had heard' that Fulham were interested. Spurs agreed and he played six games (w2, d2) for us during which we just about escaped relegation. Our relegation rivals were not amused.
Over the Easter Spurs had a load of injuries, including a broken nose for Mullery's replacement, John Pratt, so Alan was recalled. He resumed as captain in Spurs successful UEFA Cup semi against AC Milan. He then lifted the Cup after his goal in the 2nd leg of the final against Wolves secured an aggregate victory.
Alec Stock signed him permanently in August 1972.

Twig

Quote from: cmg on November 01, 2016, 11:32:54 PM
Quote from: Supermitch on November 01, 2016, 11:15:53 PM

Likewise!

He was Spurs captain at the start of the 71/72 season when he developed a long-term injury. When he had recovered he couldn't get his place back. Frustrated at the lack of action he asked Bill Nicholson, the Spurs manager, to send him on loan as he 'had heard' that Fulham were interested. Spurs agreed and he played six games (w2, d2) for us during which we just about escaped relegation. Our relegation rivals were not amused.
Over the Easter Spurs had a load of injuries, including a broken nose for Mullery's replacement, John Pratt, so Alan was recalled. He resumed as captain in Spurs successful UEFA Cup semi against AC Milan. He then lifted the Cup after his goal in the 2nd leg of the final against Wolves secured an aggregate victory.
Alec Stock signed him permanently in August 1972.

Brilliant, thanks for that.

Holders

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on November 01, 2016, 11:29:05 PM
Lewis Holtby at any other time. Was a cut well above the rest of the dross playing for us at the time but unfortunately the madman didn't like him.

Good call.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

The Enclosurite

Robbie Herrera?

Short and sweet 3 month loan but what an impact he had before the deal was made a permanent one.
¡COYW!

Jims Dentist

Philip Albert looked really classy for the period he was on loan from Newcastle in the Keegan period.

bill taylors apprentice

Mullers made the biggest contribution as a loanee in my 50 plus years as a supporter.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: The Enclosurite on November 02, 2016, 08:07:01 AM
Robbie Herrera?

Short and sweet 3 month loan but what an impact he had before the deal was made a permanent one.

Robbie Herrera was a massive signing for us at the time.  Quality addition.  I have to agree above anyone else I can think of.

Starting to like Kalas though; especially if we get into the playoffs.

Roberty

Paul Stalteri - 31 Jan 2008 - on loan from Spuds

When Roy brought him in I'm sure most people said - who - but he replaced Chris Baird in our hapless defence and along with Hangeland, Hughes and Konchesky stopped the flow of goals that were about to get us relegated.

My surprise at the time was that Roy did not get him on a free after his loan period ended but instead opted to bring in Pantsil.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

abfg

Mark Stallard. One home game (I think) One hat trick.

Ruiz11

Montella was pretty awesome, scored some vital goals and became a fans' favourite.