watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Celtic value Dembele at 40 million

Started by bobbo, October 31, 2016, 05:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexis

Despite many of the players falling of the radar, I would still consider our Dallas Cup squad of 2013 as the best pool of young players we have ever seen. But how many of these we have poached from other clubs?

Woodrow- Luton
Tankovic-  IFK Norrköping (16)
Ryan Williams- Portsmouth (19)
LVC- FC Midtjylland (18)
Emerson Hyndman- FC Dallas (15)
Jack Grimmer- Aberdeen (18)
George Williams- MK Dons (17)

Fulham 来了!

MikeW

I pretty much agree with everything on this board but a question?  Our club management have been very remiss in this instance and others - why do they not see the bigger picture?  Sign potential up well in advance etc.  Frankly, what do they do all day?

Rigg and his cohorts including the computer techies must all be on part time contracts as nothing ever seems to happen and they miss the boat time after time.

I despair frankly.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Beamer

Quote from: Southfield White on November 02, 2016, 03:16:30 PM
Quote from: Beamer on November 02, 2016, 03:08:34 PM
No sour grapes at all but you can't help thinking the system is flawed. Can't blame the player for getting the best he can for himself but when a side has nurtured a young talent over a number of years and he runs his contract down surely there should be some sell on clause in his new contract that enables the academy side to at least get a percentage of any sale fee within the same time period he was at the academy club. It would also stop a player feeling that he has let his previous club down knowing that if he gets sold on (and so many do now) within the 3 years or so he was at the academy club they would get some share in the profit. OK I know that assumes they give a toss but I'm sure many actually do appreciate what has been done for them.

The club got compensation

No as much money as they would of got if they had realised earlier what a good player he would become and offered him a longer contract before he even made the first team

Only later did they offer him a decent contract but the damage was done

Compensation of c.£350k because he went 'abroad', would have been 3-5mill had he gone to an English club - doesn't really seem that equitable.

Southfield White

Quote from: Beamer on November 02, 2016, 06:08:51 PM
No sour grapes at all but you can't help thinking the system is flawed. Can't blame the player for getting the best he can for himself but when a side has nurtured a young talent over a number of years and he runs his contract down surely there should be some sell on clause in his new contract that enables the academy side to at least get a percentage of any sale fee within the same time period he was at the academy club. It would also stop a player feeling that he has let his previous club down knowing that if he gets sold on (and so many do now) within the 3 years or so he was at the academy club they would get some share in the profit. OK I know that assumes they give a toss but I'm sure many actually do appreciate what has been done for them.

No as much money as they would of got if they had realised earlier what a good player he would become and offered him a longer contract before he even made the first team

Compensation of c.£350k because he went 'abroad', would have been 3-5mill had he gone to an English club - doesn't really seem that equitable.

Who told you we'd of got "3-5mil"?

We wouldn't of got no where near that even if he had gone to an English club

Beamer

Quote from: Southfield White on November 02, 2016, 06:51:51 PM
Quote from: Beamer on November 02, 2016, 06:08:51 PM

Who told you we'd of got "3-5mil"?

We wouldn't of got no where near that even if he had gone to an English club

Have a look at the tribunal decisions on a number of others in similar positions, remembering how much a proven (although still raw) Championship striker can fetch.