Main Menu

Brighton away

Started by PokerMatt, November 02, 2016, 11:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Quote from: MJG on November 03, 2016, 03:12:45 PM
Quote from: AnEssexFan on November 03, 2016, 02:49:47 PM
Mike

I think it would be great if you could see a seating plan and book specific seats for away matches. At Leeds and Blackburn I was happy to take my 2 young children as our away support meant we could sit where we wanted. But, I'd be disappointed to find we have seats in the middle of a block when we have a large away support as it could mean my children not being able to see the match if people are standing up, so I'd like to be able to book seats near the front or the side of our allocated area.
I had a long chat today with the club on this issue. I'm going to write all of the details I can and publish when I get a chance. But I will say a seating plan is not possible at the moment in the UK for ticketmaster football clients.
This may change but no time quickly in the meantime the club have hopefully taken on board some of the points and suggestions I made and will see some changes to the information shown when booking away seats.
Ticketmaster are like that with gigs as well. When I go to see a band I try to get my tickets through a smaller seller that will let you choose my seat and avoid ticketmaster

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

I'm driving from Swindon. Not sure where I'll leave my car

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Shredhead

Quote from: Berserker on November 06, 2016, 10:34:31 PM
I'm driving from Swindon. Not sure where I'll leave my car
seagulls.co.uk/documents/travel-guide-april14229-116972 Mill Road park and ride is the easiest to get to from the west (A27) or north (A23) but i think it fills up before others. Or you can chance your arm and park in the streets to the east of the Lewes Road or the University of Brighton park and ride. Depends what time you're arriving.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Southdowns White

There should be a link on their website to buses that shuttle directly from normal bus stops to and from the game from as far away as places like Shoreham where you can park free in side streets. If anyone is getting the train, get to Brighton before 1.45 at the very latest. If you are having a beer in one or two of the many pubs in Brighton, pre order a cab to take you directly from the pub to the ground, no more than £15.00. They will even pick you up afterwards. Have a good time everyone.

Dodger53

Quote from: Southdowns White on November 07, 2016, 08:59:45 AM
There should be a link on their website to buses that shuttle directly from normal bus stops to and from the game from as far away as places like Shoreham where you can park free in side streets. If anyone is getting the train, get to Brighton before 1.45 at the very latest. If you are having a beer in one or two of the many pubs in Brighton, pre order a cab to take you directly from the pub to the ground, no more than £15.00. They will even pick you up afterwards. Have a good time everyone.
And the trains and buses from shoreham are free with match ticket.  Last year arrived at Brighton station an hour and a half before KO and still missed first 20 minutes ....just in time for their first goal.

Riversider

Hey each to their own I suppose, but for me personally Brighton away is as dull as Reading away, both soulless ugly grounds stuck in the middle of no where,
Easy to see why Craven Cottage is consistently voted the favourite away ground by all visiting supporters,
And why teams like Sheffield Wednesday regularly bring over 4,000 supporters, because simplistically it's a bloody good day out.
I've been to Brighton for our last two visits but this year I'm giving it a miss , I've never been to see West Ham at their London Stadium (or whatever it's called) but I can already imagine that it will give Reading and Brighton a good run for their money as far as soulless days out are concerned.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Riversider on November 07, 2016, 08:38:22 PM
Hey each to their own I suppose, but for me personally Brighton away is as dull as Reading away, both soulless ugly grounds stuck in the middle of no where,
Easy to see why Craven Cottage is consistently voted the favourite away ground by all visiting supporters,
And why teams like Sheffield Wednesday regularly bring over 4,000 supporters, because simplistically it's a bloody good day out.
I've been to Brighton for our last two visits but this year I'm giving it a miss , I've never been to see West Ham at their London Stadium (or whatever it's called) but I can already imagine that it will give Reading and Brighton a good run for their money as far as soulless days out are concerned.

As you say different strokes an all that but personally dont find the Amex particularly soulless . Generally recognised as by far the best of the new builds.
Fulham & London clubs have always travelled in large numbers to Brighton, seen nearly every game we've played there since the 80s, its a great day out.
One of the first away games a lot of us look for & we'll probably shift 3000+ tickets which is more than we take to QPR two miles up the road

Chesh

Quote from: Riversider on November 07, 2016, 08:38:22 PM
Depends on whether you're just talking about turning up for the match, or making a day of it.

Nothing like a good day out at the seaside - even in November  :54:

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

snarks

The worst thing about the Amex is the queue for the train away from the ground, otherwise it's not to bad. Reading is poor though and traffic in and out is awful. I do prefer the traditional grounds (except Portsmouths, that is a memento to the past that needs to be erased.

Dodger53

I think it's a poor stadium, away end is not very deep and although wide if a good turn out as we have had on previous visits it is difficult to generate much atmosphere. They have run out of draught Harvey's on both previous occasions, trains are unreliable and after match train queue management poor. Get there early, drink, match, drink, queue train, queue, train, drive home.
I live 10 miles away and it's quicker to drive to the cottage and back than it is to get to the Amex.

RaySmith

If we win it will all seem worth it!

Chesh

Just been told that we've shifted 1300 out of an initial allocation of 1600, which isn't bad going considering they only went on general sale yesterday.

We need to shift the rest pronto, and then should get a much bigger allocation, otherwise Brighton will want to start selling to their own fans like last season - they will sell their home ends no problem for this one.

A full black and white away end will do wonders to boost the team.

Just got mine, and also £10.60 super off peak return from St Pancras early doors  - come on boys and girls, this has all the makings of a good old Fulham away-day.

049:gif  082.gif  :beer:

SP

Quote from: Dodger53 on November 08, 2016, 02:37:50 PM
I think it's a poor stadium, away end is not very deep and although wide if a good turn out as we have had on previous visits it is difficult to generate much atmosphere. They have run out of draught Harvey's on both previous occasions, trains are unreliable and after match train queue management poor. Get there early, drink, match, drink, queue train, queue, train, drive home.
I live 10 miles away and it's quicker to drive to the cottage and back than it is to get to the Amex.

Sat in the category A seats for the rugby WC & the view was superb along with plenty of legroom & facilities.  There's no easy way round the train queues but wonder if it's easier to park in Lewes & visit one of the numerous Harvey's pubs?  Can also stock up in the brewery shop.

RaySmith

Was thinking of going, and would love to, but it seems hard for me, travelling from outside London, to get there on time if  using cheaper, off peak, fare options, plus the extra expense of not just travelling to Brighton, but  out again - and this makes  return times harder to meet, probably impossible to do in a day for me.

I wish I could afford to stay in Brighton for a couple of days.

Lewes White

Would have sold more had it been like last season 4 per person. Got 2 but need more.

Southdowns White

Quote from: Lewes White on November 10, 2016, 06:52:16 AM
Would have sold more had it been like last season 4 per person. Got 2 but need more.
Once they go on general sale if you are a season ticket holder can you then not get more, or after a certain date anyone be able to buy as many as you need?

Lewes White

Yes thought of that, so tried yesterday but was not letting me checkout as I had already got 2, may keep trying!

Chesh

Don't know why it's not 4 per person - it's not as if anyone who wants one is going to miss out. The away end holds 3,100 if we want them.....

Chesh

We've now got 2,300 and that it. We can't get anymore, as  the blocks left to me in S1E (i.e. from S1F) are already on sale to home fans.

Chesh

Quote from: Lewes White on November 10, 2016, 09:17:52 AM
Yes thought of that, so tried yesterday but was not letting me checkout as I had already got 2, may keep trying!
My mate just got 7 over the phone - I would call if I were you....