https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's the End of the World As We Know It

Started by Forever Fulham, November 02, 2016, 10:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 03, 2016, 01:59:43 PM
American football - a 60 minute game, that can last up to 4 hours

And at some stadiums you get to pay $50 to park and sit in your car for 2 hours waiting to exit.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

snarks

I like American football. I don't like baseball or ice hockey tho'.

NogoodBoyo

Well, I thought Forever Fulham's OP neatly encapsulated what sports clubs really mean.  Following a team like the Cubs was a passionate pursuit of unrequited love, a debilitating addiction, a message of hope, a lost cause, a local versus global view, a masochistic activity, an historic pursuit of the impossible.
Nogood "until last night, see" Boyo

tommy

Didn't the cubs win the World Series in Back To The Future this year too?

MisfitKid

Quote from: tommy on November 03, 2016, 04:51:41 PM
Didn't the cubs win the World Series in Back To The Future this year too?

Close.  2015.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Forever Fulham

I just learned that the manager of the Cubs kept his late father's ancient Cubs hat tucked inside his pants during the entire playoffs.  Nice.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 03, 2016, 06:58:23 PM
Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on November 03, 2016, 03:23:32 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on November 03, 2016, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 03, 2016, 01:59:43 PM
American football - a 60 minute game, that can last up to 4 hours

you mean a 60-minute game in which the ball is in play for about 15 minutes and lasts up to 4 hours, don't you?  :005:

I think you are over-exaggerating.  I believe it's closer to 18 minutes over 3 1/2 hours.   :dft011:

My Intelligence Unit inform me that it's nearer 16 minutes 32 seconds  over 3 hours 42 minutes, and another 38 minutes doing high fives for running 5 yards in a space mans costume with the coathanger left in.

You left out the wasted time a player uses when he tackles somebody for a 1 yard loss and does a judo dance when his team is losing by 30.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 03, 2016, 04:50:51 PM
Well, I thought Forever Fulham's OP neatly encapsulated what sports clubs really mean.  Following a team like the Cubs was a passionate pursuit of unrequited love, a debilitating addiction, a message of hope, a lost cause, a local versus global view, a masochistic activity, an historic pursuit of the impossible.
Nogood "until last night, see" Boyo

I'd agree. Regardless of whether you like a particular sport or not, we can all share that sense of hope, pain and occasional joy. Our "Cubs" moment has yet to come.