watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who Will Move On In January? ( If Any)

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 06, 2016, 01:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

I suppose it will be down to who the manager brings in,some I should think like Woodrow would want a move(loan) just to get a game somewhere.

filham

Essential we keep our best players , we really need to develop a steady first team without continual changes.
I guess the big risk in the next window is some club coming in with an attractive bid for Cairney. Jocanovic should start building a protective wall around him right now.

Lighthouse

The problem is we really are in need of a player or two up front and Joka has already says he doesn't want to send players out on loan as the whole squad will need to be used. It will be interesting if the club can keep the squad settled after the next January window.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Think we are in need of another striker and at least one winger. It's likely that Aluko is off to Cup of Nations, assuming he maintains his current form. And, if Ayite finds his quickly, he'd be off as well.

Also think that Slavisa will have changed his mind about loaning players by January....if he can get reinforcements signed. Cauley, for instance, merits more than U23's. Should be out to a struggling Champs or top League 1 side.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Statto on November 06, 2016, 02:24:40 PM
LVC hasn't started a game for us all season has he? He needs and deserves to be playing. As others have said I think he could provide excellent backup in the role Johansen has recently taken up, but if Joka doesn't intend to use him at least a little, then I'd like to see him loaned out

Agreed. Wholeheartedly. I do think that if Slavisa can get a settled 11 grinding out consistent results, it'll be easier for him to begin to use LVC to spell Johansen late in games.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

H4usuallysitting

I'll tell you what - we don't need a left back.........would love Defoe to come in to the team, the amount of chances we make - he'd have a field day

Jims Dentist

Is Plazon's current loan only until January?

Woodrow needs to move to get some games.

Hope we revive the interest in Ben Marshall at Blackburn (their young striker Gallagher looks like a future star).

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Jims Dentist on November 06, 2016, 06:27:40 PM
Is Plazon's current loan only until January?

Woodrow needs to move to get some games.

Hope we revive the interest in Ben Marshall at Blackburn (their young striker Gallagher looks like a future star).

Gallagher on loan from Southampton.

Jims Dentist

OK, thanks for that MnT, out of our reach then!

Mince n Tatties

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 06, 2016, 02:30:48 PM
Think we are in need of another striker and at least one winger. It's likely that Aluko is off to Cup of Nations, assuming he maintains his current form. And, if Ayite finds his quickly, he'd be off as well.

Also think that Slavisa will have changed his mind about loaning players by January....if he can get reinforcements signed. Cauley, for instance, merits more than U23's. Should be out to a struggling Champs or top League 1 side.
i can safely say 100% that Aluko will not being going to the ANC as Nigeria didn't qualify. Ayite and Kebano will more than likely go though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnEssexFan

I'm wondering if Betts will head out in January?  He didn't even get a game in the EFL Cup matches, and I would think Woodrow will head out as well.
@leightonrw07

fulhamben

Quote from: AnEssexFan on November 06, 2016, 08:33:05 PM
I'm wondering if Betts will head out in January?  He didn't even get a game in the EFL Cup matches, and I would think Woodrow will head out as well.
it would be madness yo loan Betts out. I was keeping an eye on button Saturday, and I thought to myself, that he has turned a corner and was getting rid of it quickly. Yes ok more than a few kicks were going straight to touch, but that can't hurt us and he was having a great game. Then boom, for the umpteenth time this season our keeper goes and gets tackled, and we were extremely lucky not to concede from the resulting corner. Think fredericks noded it away from a certain Equalizer. Anyway point being, Button makes at least one mistake in every single game, don't always cost us, but the mistakes are there none the less.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AlexW132

I very much doubt Cairney will leave. He's much more loyal than both Ross and Moussa were, and we managed to persuade both of them to stay last January

aussierod

I would think someone like Tunnicliffe would be angling for a move come January. With such a strong midfield in front of him, it looks unlikely that he's going to get much game time here and I dare say that he probably needs a change of scenery considering how things have worked out for him here.

If we sign Martin permanently and at least one other striker in Jan, Cauley or Smith should probably be sold.
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

RaySmith

Feel sorry for those like him and LVC, now left out it seems, but I'm sure we'll suffer injuries and suspensions, so need a big squad. But maybe  some  would benefit from going on loan.

MJG

IF we are in a good position come January in one way I'd rather no one left and we brought players in.
I'd not want to be short or looking back on January saying we should have kept him because of an injury or two.
All hands on deck from Jan to May for me.

grandad

We have done all our selling. We are bound to have a few players on short bans for 5 yellows & there is no guarantee that one or two might not get reds. Players like Malone, Johansen, Aluko & McDonald who run their socks off will have to be rested at some stage to keep them fresh for the end of season big push. ACN absentees & possible injuries mean we need all our squad.
Where there's a will there's a wife

J.Perkins

Nigeria didn't qualify for ACON, so Aluko will be staying put. Ayite and Kebano will most likely be off though.

Regards to departures, Betts and LVC I can see being permanent departures. Woodrow possibly on loan, but as long as a more competent back up is brought in.

Another possibility could be Jozabed and Kebano. Neither feature enough for us, and could benefit with a loan. Only to an English team mind.

AnEssexFan

@leightonrw07