watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who Will Move On In January? ( If Any)

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 06, 2016, 01:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snibbo

Certainly wouldn't want to see Tunni nor LVC going anywhere.  Very valuable squad players  at the very least

MJG

Given our formation and players we have, I dont think Jozabed or even LVC will be going anywhere

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on November 06, 2016, 06:46:35 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 06, 2016, 02:30:48 PM
Think we are in need of another striker and at least one winger. It's likely that Aluko is off to Cup of Nations, assuming he maintains his current form. And, if Ayite finds his quickly, he'd be off as well.

Also think that Slavisa will have changed his mind about loaning players by January....if he can get reinforcements signed. Cauley, for instance, merits more than U23's. Should be out to a struggling Champs or top League 1 side.
i can safely say 100% that Aluko will not being going to the ANC as Nigeria didn't qualify. Ayite and Kebano will more than likely go though

Obviously, I don't follow ACN closely but, wow! How does Nigeria fail to qualify? I would think of them as one of the traditional powers on the continent but, I guess there are many strong sides there now that I'm considering it.

Good news though. He's probably the most important of the three to our success currently. Still would like to have an extra winger and forward though.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

bill taylors apprentice

As I believe the current loan system only allows loans from window to window (I'm sure someone will put me right) its risky to allow someone like Betts, Tunnicliffe  or LVC to go out on loan if you can't get them back in an injury crisis.

As tempting as it may be to give squad players competitive playing time by loaning them out, its tricky business.

More likely to let the likes of Adeniran, de a Torre and Smile go out to gain experience.

Piazon is only here till Jan and depending on what happens with him may determine what happens with Woodrow et al.

Only if we bring in a quality CF can we consider moving Smith on

FPT

I would very much like Cauley Woodrow to go out on loan. He's so desperate for consistent football. Get him out on loan for the rest of the season and bring in another striker. Lasse Vigen Christensen (one of my favourite players at the club) is definitely much better on loan playing than simply travelling and now contributing to the under 21s. He needs a run of games and it definitely feels like he needs a confidence booster.

I would try to move Matt Smith somewhere. Whether that's a sale, a loan with an option to buy or as bait in a part-exchange. With Chris Martin now hitting the ground running, we have our 'big man' and could use that money, squad space and/or wage space to sign a better quality striker who can give us another option.

I don't think we have much to fear with Neeskens Kebano going to the African Cup of Nations, he might as well be there now and we're fine. I do feel Jozabed will find his way at Fulham eventually; clearly very good technically but probably struggling to settle. It happens, he's left Spain to play for the first time in his career, he admitted his English isn't very good soon after joining and he's settling in a new country with a new style of football. We just have to give him time; this takes me back to Huw Jennings talking about foreign recruits to the academy, he (and the club) essentially lets them have a six month settling period: "With international players, we really don't make an assessment for the first six months of the youth international players. Let them come into the environment, work it out for yourself with our support and after six months we'll start to look at what's next."

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 07, 2016, 12:31:44 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 06, 2016, 06:46:35 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 06, 2016, 02:30:48 PM
Think we are in need of another striker and at least one winger. It's likely that Aluko is off to Cup of Nations, assuming he maintains his current form. And, if Ayite finds his quickly, he'd be off as well.

Also think that Slavisa will have changed his mind about loaning players by January....if he can get reinforcements signed. Cauley, for instance, merits more than U23's. Should be out to a struggling Champs or top League 1 side.
i can safely say 100% that Aluko will not being going to the ANC as Nigeria didn't qualify. Ayite and Kebano will more than likely go though

Obviously, I don't follow ACN closely but, wow! How does Nigeria fail to qualify? I would think of them as one of the traditional powers on the continent but, I guess there are many strong sides there now that I'm considering it.

Good news though. He's probably the most important of the three to our success currently. Still would like to have an extra winger and forward though.
i don't follow it either,but when we signed 3 African players I just had a quick look. As to Nigeria, they was in a group with Chad. And for some reason they pulled out after it had started meaning all results involving them were null and void. It also meant that no one in that group could be allowed to go through as second place runners up. A bit harsh I on the rest of the teams. Nigeria finished 2nd 5 points off the leaders, and even if they had of beat Chad twice, I'm not sure 11 points would have been enough as it was top 4 runners up that went through. Their loss is certainly our gain in this instance though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

St. Andrews White

I'd be shocked if we didn't send a few of the younger players off on loan; Adeniran and Woodrow look certainties to me. Kavanagh looks like he'll be sold or released, he hasn't a hope of getting near the team at either LB or LM
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Yonderwhite on November 07, 2016, 08:22:14 PM
I'd be shocked if we didn't send a few of the younger players off on loan; Adeniran and Woodrow look certainties to me. Kavanagh looks like he'll be sold or released, he hasn't a hope of getting near the team at either LB or LM
Agree on both of those, Woodrow needs game time to decide what kind of striker he wants to be. Humphries adds more interesting depth and frankly believe we will sign another forward anyway. LVC does not seem to float Joca's boat so maybe he gets a loan too.
Quark, strangeness and charm