watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Current position

Started by JoelH5, November 04, 2016, 11:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

I would have taken our current position at this stage of the season hands down if asked at the start of August. Only out of the playoffs by one goal.

Well done lads! Let's keep progressing!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Max Headroom

Indeed, and to think where we would have been in Dembele had stayed. McCormack less so as SJ seems to have a number of attacking midfielders doing the same role

Lighthouse

After todays results we will be further off the pace. But yes I think we would all have taken this at the beginning of the season. We are rebuilding yet again but hopefully, at last , there is less to do now then there has been. However we are going in the right direction.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 05, 2016, 03:23:42 PM
After todays results we will be further off the pace. But yes I think we would all have taken this at the beginning of the season. We are rebuilding yet again but hopefully, at last , there is less to do now then there has been. However we are going in the right direction.
well we won't be any further behind or more behind than we were at 745pm yesterday so we are not further off the pace really.

Twig

I understand what you are trying to say Lighthouse but a strange way to express it.  You seem very grudging in your comments.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Twig on November 05, 2016, 04:07:36 PM

I understand what you are trying to say Lighthouse but a strange way to express it.  You seem very grudging in your comments.

To call the comment grudging means it sounds as if I begrudge any success that a club my late family and I have followed may have. I know you don't mean it to sound like that. I try not to read too much into comments. I am aware that I don't get carried away over a few results. After 8 games without a win, followed by two wins, two clean sheets and seven goals scored. We are going in the right direction. Long may it continue.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Results went OK for us today finish ,9th.

MJG

As it stands now 6th place will be 75 pts and this is what we need to do over next 30 games...

As Statto says 9 games up to and including Brighton at home is when we need to review where we are and can we push on.

exatly half way through at 23 games I'd like at least 38 pts

14 points from next 9 should ok, but also they are weaker and yes 18 would be the ideal target

Mince n Tatties

Top two Newcastle and Brighton are just beginning to open up a gap,so we need to keep getting these good results.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 05, 2016, 07:03:04 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 05, 2016, 06:19:07 PM
As it stands now 6th place will be 75 pts and this is what we need to do over next 30 games...

As Statto says 9 games up to and including Brighton at home is when we need to review where we are and can we push on.

exatly half way through at 23 games I'd like at least 38 pts

14 points from next 9 should ok, but also they are weaker and yes 18 would be the ideal target

Then we are all agreed, 18 is the ideal target, and the best way to show our intent and put down a marker, is to win our next match at home to Sheffield Wednesday.

Hopefully the manager is looking for 27!

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 05, 2016, 05:13:23 PM
Results went OK for us today finish ,9th.
8th in the end wasn't it??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MJG

Form since last international break

MJG

Ok so this table might take a bit of understanding, but basically its showing what each team needs to do currently to get enough points to be 6th after 46 games

So for example Newcastle can play like Derby or QPR for the rest of the season and still make the playoffs.

Where as we need to be averaging the same as Norwich have to be 6th at the end of the season.

The Road Less Travelled

So despite a whole, entire, seemingly never ending dreadful month we're only one win short of where we need to be to get into the playoffs?  That's not bad at all, considering our players aren't good enough, Slav is a fraud and we're being undermined by management.

filham

We have had a couple of excellent results but we all know we could see a complete reversal of fortunes in the next couple of game and again find us in the bottom half of the table looking at the relegation zone.

Much too early to think of end of season positions, lets just concentrate on the next match, a six pointer against Shefield Wednesday, which is going to be tough.

MJG

Quote from: filham on November 06, 2016, 01:33:08 PM
We have had a couple of excellent results but we all know we could see a complete reversal of fortunes in the next couple of game and again find us in the bottom half of the table looking at the relegation zone.

Much too early to think of end of season positions, lets just concentrate on the next match, a six pointer against Shefield Wednesday, which is going to be tough.
Sorry but no... I'm looking up not down. Not in the slightest concerned about relegation so only looking for best outcome.
Of course we will lose again... As will others, you can see that even with our blip you can still stay in touch.

Whitesideup

I am both encouraged by our recent results and disappointed that we aren't higher because I think we are a better team than our position suggests. The last three performances for me show what we are capable of, and put into perspective some of our defeats, notably QPR who were about the worst team we have played. The last two performances were seriously good. To think beforehand that  Brentford could be a tricky game and then absolutely batter them in the first half.... The concerns are that we have been inconsistent and that we don't always make the most of our good spells in a game, and that of course that inconsistency could return. I will worry if we start both Parker and McDonald. But I think this is the best we have been in years.

MJG

Quote from: Whitesideup on November 06, 2016, 02:39:27 PM
I am both encouraged by our recent results and disappointed that we aren't higher because I think we are a better team than our position suggests. The last three performances for me show what we are capable of, and put into perspective some of our defeats, notably QPR who were about the worst team we have played. The last two performances were seriously good. To think beforehand that  Brentford could be a tricky game and then absolutely batter them in the first half.... The concerns are that we have been inconsistent and that we don't always make the most of our good spells in a game, and that of course that inconsistency could return. I will worry if we start both Parker and McDonald. But I think this is the best we have been in years.
We can look back over the games and there is an argument to say we are at least 3-5 points short of what our play possibly deserved. But then most clubs will say something like that.
What we have to do going forward is convert some of those games where we are dominating into goals and not in some ways be waiting for the oppo to score like Brentford possibly could have the other night