watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dare I ask...

Started by General, November 07, 2016, 05:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

who you all think has been the best value for money at the club currently?

We've bought in a lot of new players but throughout all seem to have been performing and seem strong players at this level... but... which represents the best value for money spent?

Malone for Jazz must be pretty decent, although did that deal include any money?

Johansen as pointed out in another thread for £2 million is proving to be a steal.

There are no huge name players now at this club, which is a change from recent times where we've always had an outlay of £10 mill or close to that on a single player... Mitroglu, McCormack etc.

bencher

Whatever loan fee we have paid Chelsea for Kalas would seem to have been a great deal.

Re: Malone, I think you have to include the fee we paid Swansea for Jazz (£500k?) to paint a more complete picture, but even then he looks a good acquisition at that price.

I think Ryan Fredericks has looked excellent since his return from injury, and I forget his cost but I don't think it was more than about £500k.

Aluko has to be the best value, though, on a free.

filham

No real idea what each player cost us. The club have never disclosed a transfer figure for any of the players but a list giving the rumoured figure would be interesting.

Most of the players have only played a handful of games but after some 50 odd games I think Cairney would be our most wanted player, his performances have been steady, hope we now continue to play him in a more central role.
The question is best asked again at the end of the season.

Horsfield_No9

Player of the season between Malone and Cairney for me right now.

Best deal must be Johansen or Aluko in terms of cash spent.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Rhys Lightning 63

Tom Cairney for £3m. No doubt about it
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

H4usuallysitting

Button's not been to shabby

ToodlesMcToot

My favorite part of this conversation is that there are so many "right" answers. Say what you will about our transfer policies. Right now, our "keepings" and signings are coming together in a very good way ..... easy on the eye on the pitch and beginning to come good in the results department. Gives me a good feeling about what we have waiting in the wings as well.

Long may they keep it up.

I'm partial to Malone in the value conversation by the way. What a great surprise given the criticism that he endured when we traded Richards for him.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Fulham Tup North

082.gif  Can I have Slaviša Jokanović??   :wine:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Ichabod Magoo

Uh oh.  People finding good things to say about the business done in the last 6 months or so may actually be saying indirectly that Khan and Rigg have turned the corner. 
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III