watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

next 3 games

Started by irishfulham, November 07, 2016, 06:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

what do we want to aim for and expect in our next 3 games?

1. Sheffield Wednesday (home) need to develop a good home form if we are to push for top 6 so hopefully 3 points but i expect a draw

2. Brighton and hove albion (away) tbh i expect us to lose this one brighton are very strong but a draw would be great and definitely possible 

3. Reading (home) another team on form and above us but a home game and hopefully a win but expect a draw

3 very tough games and would be very satisfied with 4 points on the board thoughts????

Chesh

To be honest, the way we are developing, and playing lately, if someone offered me 4 points right now I wouldn't take it.

I would expect us to beat both Wednesday and Reading at home (with Reading being the tougher fixture I think), and get at least a draw at Brighton.

I would be very happy with 7 points, and if I'm honest, anything less than 6 would be a disappointment.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: Statto on November 07, 2016, 06:56:02 PM
we need to be hitting not only play-off form, but in fact slightly better than play-off form because we've still ground to make up on the top 6

so i'm looking for 5 pts from those 3 games

yes they're all relatively tough teams but 2 are at home, plus we're injury free at the moment. there will be bigger challenges

4pts may be adequate but then the pressure would be on to get 6 pts from the wolves and rotherham games
As you say 4pts from 3 is not enough, needs to be 5pts or 6pts from every 3 games.

davew

I think we are more than capable of winning both home games, anything from the Brighton match will be a bonus!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

dannyboi-ffc

3 tough games against teams who are all playoff rivals. So it's vital not to lose any. I'd take 5 points now if you offered me it but 7 would be superb.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Whitesideup

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 07, 2016, 08:05:31 PM
3 tough games against teams who are all playoff rivals. So it's vital not to lose any. I'd take 5 points now if you offered me it but 7 would be superb.
I agree with this sentiment, but our inconsistency is my concern. If we play at the top of our game consistently I think we could achieve at least 7, but even when playing well, you sometimes need the right breaks, the odd bit of good luck, and certainly not any serious bits of bad. I'd take 5 or 6 though I prefer not to lose! and not losing to Brighton would stop the gap between us developing further.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Whitesideup on November 07, 2016, 08:18:17 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 07, 2016, 08:05:31 PM
I agree with this sentiment, but our inconsistency is my concern. If we play at the top of our game consistently I think we could achieve at least 7, but even when playing well, you sometimes need the right breaks, the odd bit of good luck, and certainly not any serious bits of bad. I'd take 5 or 6 though I prefer not to lose! and not losing to Brighton would stop the gap between us developing further.

I think there's more pressure on the 2 home games. Brighton will be as tough for them on current form as it is for us. If we play like we are capable I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest they haven't faced an opponent at home like it yet.  Only Newcastle have been better on the road so far so I don't think we will lose any but it's crucial we turn the 1 point into 3 and carry on building the fortress at home
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

alexmur

Anything less then 9 points would be unexpectable

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Whitesideup

Quote from: alexmur on November 07, 2016, 08:25:37 PM

typo or deliberate? unexpected? or unacceptable?

alexmur

Quote from: Whitesideup on November 07, 2016, 08:39:35 PM
Quote from: alexmur on November 07, 2016, 08:25:37 PM

typo or deliberate? unexpected? or unacceptable?
Ha unacceptable

MJG

Quote from: Statto on November 07, 2016, 07:35:38 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 07, 2016, 07:28:49 PM
we need to be hitting not only play-off form, but in fact slightly better than play-off form because we've still ground to make up on the top 6

yes they're all relatively tough teams but 2 are at home, plus we're injury free at the moment. there will be bigger challenges

4pts may be adequate but then the pressure would be on to get 6 pts from the wolves and rotherham games
As you say 4pts from 3 is not enough, needs to be 5pts or 6pts from every 3 games.

didn't you say the other day 14pts from the next 9 would be ok? which is 4/5 from every 3 games.

but then you do look at the next 9 and it ends with ipswich away, reading away and brighton home and that is the toughest part IMO so more reason to pick up extra points this side of christmas and give ourselves room for manouvre
I said exactly that... It would be ok, but just ok. With that you stay in touch.
But overall if we are looking at being in top six and maintaining that then you need to be aiming at 16+ pts per ten games..... Hence 5 every three.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on November 07, 2016, 09:59:00 PM
Quote from: Statto on November 07, 2016, 07:35:38 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 07, 2016, 07:28:49 PM

didn't you say the other day 14pts from the next 9 would be ok? which is 4/5 from every 3 games.

but then you do look at the next 9 and it ends with ipswich away, reading away and brighton home and that is the toughest part IMO so more reason to pick up extra points this side of christmas and give ourselves room for manouvre
I said exactly that... It would be ok, but just ok. With that you stay in touch.
But overall if we are looking at being in top six and maintaining that then you need to be aiming at 16+ pts per ten games.

So we need 8pts from the next 4 games, doable on current form, but then this is Fulham.

Keynsham

We've done well and I hope that we continue to do so but I think people are starting to get carried away again...

westcliff white

2pts off the playoffs after 16 games, personally think that allows us to believe / discuss the possible points total required for the playoffs, and the possibility we could make them.

Doesn't mean we are getting a head if ourselves but exploring what's required 

Kent Cassandra

Oh no!!!  here we go again...setting the negatees up for a field day.
All I am interested in is Sheffield Wednesday and I will be ecstatic if we win.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

AnEssexFan

Win v Wednesday
Lose v Brighton
Draw v Reading
Win v Wolves
Win v Rotherham

10 points from 5 games will do to keep us in and around the play off places going into Christmas and New year.
@leightonrw07

HatterDon

six points, wins against Wednesday and Reading.

If we could share the points against Brighton, I'd be on here right after saying we look good for promotion. Need to be monsters at home for the rest of the season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel