watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Woodrow?

Started by rodsrockets, November 08, 2016, 08:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodsrockets

Guys Fulham fan in Australia here so not as easy to keep up with the ins and outs of the team. Can someone please tell me the story with Cauley Woodrow? I'd always thought he had a heap of potential but seems he can't crack the top squad atm? Any clues?

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: rodsrockets on November 08, 2016, 08:06:29 AM
Guys Fulham fan in Australia here so not as easy to keep up with the ins and outs of the team. Can someone please tell me the story with Cauley Woodrow? I'd always thought he had a heap of potential but seems he can't crack the top squad atm? Any clues?

As we're generally playing 1 up top, then Martin is 1st choice.... Smith gets the bench, but only because he offers something different.

What I'd like to see is if Woodrow could make it in midfield - he certainly has the energy, and can head a ball

love4ffc

First welcome to FoF.  Hope to see you posting more on the board. 

As for Woodrow I agree with H4.  Woodrow works hard but with the current setup Martin is the current lad for the job.  I wouldn't mind seeing Woodrow playing right midfield.  Think he probably would do well there with all his energy. 

I think he's been playing in U23 league but I'll leave that to others to tell you about. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Mince n Tatties

To be honest,he isn't good enough In m o.
Like lots of other good prospects everywhere they don't
progress anymore,just the way it is  I believe.

fulhamfan

Cauley Woodrow is not good enough for Fulham. That's it basically.

Carborundum

Cauley Woodrow is plenty good enough to have a successful career at Championship level.  But he's no more suited to the way we play than Ross McCormack.  Last season he couldn't get a kick because RMcC was nigh on ever present.  This year he's in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Chris Martin is a vastly different player. Go down to Richmond or Bushy park in Autumn, you will see and hear huge stags standing where they want to, bellowing and looking for a scrap that they will devote every fibre to winning one way or another.  That is Chris Martin and will never be Cauley Woodrow.  It's what the team needs right now. 

Watching what Chris Martin and Brentford's Bjelland got up to when the ball was in a different postcode was an old school treat last Friday night. 

HectorWeso

Quote from: fulhamross on November 08, 2016, 11:07:55 AM

you are literally wrong. He should be our second choice striker instead of Smith who turns our style of play into a total emabarassment when he comes on.

J.Perkins

Quote from: HectorWeso on November 08, 2016, 02:42:25 PM
Quote from: fulhamross on November 08, 2016, 11:07:55 AM

you are literally wrong. He should be our second choice striker instead of Smith who turns our style of play into a total emabarassment when he comes on.

You bring on Smith when you're panicking. You never really bring on Woodrow because he isn't a panic sub, nor a majorly effective one. 

HectorWeso

Panicking and bringing on a big old lump who jumps a century too early every time he goes up for a header isnt my idea of a good substitution

@jolslover

Woodrow is a better starter/overall player than Smith but Smith is a better sub to make an impact. Dont rate both of them to be honest.
STH H3

filham

I am a fan of Cauley's and love his attitude and work rate but regret to say it looks as if he is not quite what is needed in the Championship. Still like to think he could develop given more game time but unless improvement is seen soon  it seems he will be just another promising young talent that never quite made it at the Cottage.

Welcome to the board.