more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (13/11/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 13, 2016, 07:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

SONE ALUKO SPEAKS ON SCOOPING ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP TOP AWARD

Nigeria forward Sone Aluko has said his club Fulham will take the credit for him landing the English Championship Player of the month of October.

The Fulham winger scored with a lovely solo effort against Barnsley, then had a hat-trick of assists in a memorable display against Huddersfield.

"Personally it's a great feeling to be recognised with this award. It`s a nice feeling to be publicly rewarded for your efforts," he said.

"Ultimately I think it`s a team award. I wouldn't get this award if the team weren't winning and it`s a credit to my teammates and all the staff who have provided me with a platform to play well on.

"The results have gone our way recently and because of this I've been able to show my best form."

http://africanfootball.com//news/663289/Sone-Aluko-speaks-on-scooping-English-Championship-top-award?

WhiteJC

NEWS: Bristol City and Fulham eye Rangers forward

The Sun have reported that Fulham and Bristol City are lining up a move for seven-goal forward, Martyn Waghorn.

The 26-year-old may be returning to England after not been offered fresh terms with the Glasgow club.

The newspaper has also reported that the striker, is personally unhappy with his treatment at Ibrox, after he unlike a number of his teammates, hasn't  already been offered  a new contract. He is said to have confirmed in a meeting with his manager, Mark Warburton, that he wishes to leave the club.

The player, who played for Wigan before making the move to Scotland, is said to have wanted improved terms that match the salaries that teammates, Joe Garner and Nico Kranjcar currently receive.

He began his career at North-East club, Sunderland, where he played a handful of games before moving to Charlton Athletic on loan. His spell at The Valley, was again, a short one and he then moved on loan to Leicester City who had just been promoted to The Championship at the time.

He scored twelve times in 43 appearances in his loan spell at Leicester, which convinced then manager, Nigel Pearson to sign him permanently.

However, his permanent spell at Leicester was not so successful and he found first team football hard to come by. He was loaned out to Hull and Millwall before eventually joining The Latics before he made the move permanent just three months later.

After Wigan were relegated from the Championship in 2015, he linked up with Rangers, where he has enjoyed a successful year and a half in front of goal.

http://the72.co.uk/68080/news-bristol-city-and-fulham-eye-rangers-forward/?

WhiteJC

Fulham and 16 games gone, so what's the verdict so far?
It's been a topsy-turvy world in white after nearly a third of he season - and the Championship player of the month has a theory as to why

If this was a school report for Fulham it might read: 'Has done well at times, but needs to me more consistent. I expect more from him next term.'

Player of the month Sone Aluko has a theory as to why.

He believes the side he joined from Hill in the summer caught sides napping in August because they were so abject last season.

Barely escaping relegation, and then only thanks to the goals of Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele, the others thought Fulham would struggle again.

After all, both of the hit men had gone.

Gone: Moussa Dembele and Ross McCormack (Photo: Getty)

But a heartening defeat of Newcastle on opening night boosted confidence and led to a decent August.

By September, other sides had sussed them out, and they struggled.

October was a bit of both until the month's final game when they hammered Huddersfield 5-0 - even the players were surprised it all gelled in one go.

The follow-up win against Brentford, and like Newcastle, on live TV, was equally emphatic.

Winner: Sone Aluko

It also has something to do with a side that saw a lot of late August arrivals in a close season turnaround of 32 comings and goings.

By the time the dust settled, Fulham had enough new players for a complete team and three subs - and all over the pitch.

This time last year they had signed seven and only one, Tom Cairney, looked the real deal.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-16-games-gone-whats-12164014?