more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The US Men's Team is crap

Started by love4ffc, November 16, 2016, 03:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

That's all I can say about that  fp.gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

We look sloppy and flat against Costa Rica.  Bryan Ruiz looks class against us.  Creating chances and putting in the cross for the second goal.  Our back four look like FFC back four of the last two years. 

Time for a coaching change. 

YankeeJim

A new coach will shake things up. How many coaches last two WC cycles with the same country?
The current US team is ingoing a radicle change. Aside from Altidore &  Bradley, who played a major part last time and will do so again in Russia? Klinsman doesn't get it.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

love4ffc

Not sure we'll make it to Russia

Ichabod Magoo

I never thought I would say this when Klinsy was appointed, but I think Bradley and Arena had better knowledge on attacking, defending, and adapting a style to the players strengths and weaknesses.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

YankeeJim

We'll make Russia. Well as long as we can win in Panama.
Won't we?  :012:

Forever Fulham

Never trust a forward to be your manager.  Rarely works out.   For all of the extra money being paid to Klinsman over that of his predecessors, his results have  been a complete failure.  Arena said his peace about Gulati in the past, so, though Bruce wants the job, he'll never get it while Gulati runs things.  Gulati has to go.  Has to go.  Klinsman has to go.  Nagbe should be playing, but he refuses, because he knows he won't get enough playing time to make it worth his time.   Yedlin, what happened to him.   Gulati and Klinsman out.    Out out out out out.  Now.  USMNT team quit on him.  Lost the locker room.  Out outout outout.  Now. 

love4ffc

I am not a fan of how Klinsman is playing players out of position or trying these funky formations that don't seem to be working.  Then we find ourselves switching with in minutes of the opening half.  Makes us look unorganized. 

NJFulham

Nothing is changing until we don't qualify, IMO.

love4ffc

Quote from: NJFulham on November 19, 2016, 11:55:46 AM
Nothing is changing until we don't qualify, IMO.

Probably true but still sad. 

BarryP

Officially a much better performance tonight.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

YankeeJim

Christian Pulisic was a beauty to watch. He reminded me of Danny Murphy, threading passes to Dempsey. Dempsey, well, he was the Deuce. "He scores with his right, he scores ... " etc. Overall, it was a fine performance. Pulisic just might be the missing link that the US has needed since Claudio Reyna. Now, was it a fluke? Ask me after Panama. 

Logicalman

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Forever Fulham

Pulisic is a better player at his age than Donovan was.  What will US Soccer do if the evidence of Russia's meddling in our last election and political campaigns is overwhelmingly bad?  Do we still go?   I'm old enough to remember how President Carter kept us out of the Olympics the year they were hosted in Russia.  Certain acts have consequences...

love4ffc

Would be a shame and a heart break if the US were to boycott the WC. 

Sadly did not get to see the game the other night due to unforeseen events.  Saw a bit of the highlights.  Dempsey's goal was a beauty. 

love4ffc

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on November 17, 2016, 04:15:25 AM
I never thought I would say this when Klinsy was appointed, but I think Bradley and Arena had better knowledge on attacking, defending, and adapting a style to the players strengths and weaknesses.

Would completely agree. 

YankeeJim

I have never been a fan of Jermaine Jones. Last night was a prime example. The US midfield was overrun. Jones and Bradley detract from one another. They end of playing very deep so there is no continuity between the back four and the attack. If it hadn't of been for Pulisic, I doubt  that the US would have had a shot, much less gotten a result. Ream played as if he was at the Cottage. Overall, not too bad but with one glaring mistake. Altidore was not the striker for this match. His strength and hold of play was  not effective against Panama. For you Brits, Panama, while a Spanish speaking country, is populated by  descendants of Africa, not Latins. They are big, strong and athletic.
Still, given that we were on the road in CONCACAF with that entails and with six potential starters out with injury, I'll take the point.

Arena, PLEEZE, drop Jones for good.

love4ffc

I agree about Jones.  Not the  best partner for Bradley.  They really need a newer younger guy to take Jones place.  Could drop Hyndman in there and it would be a better midfield. 

YankeeJim

Quote from: love4ffc on March 30, 2017, 08:52:49 PM
I agree about Jones.  Not the  best partner for Bradley.  They really need a newer younger guy to take Jones place.  Could drop Hyndman in there and it would be a better midfield.

:plus one:

SoCalJoe

I agree it's time for Jones to sit, but give the man some credit, he was our best outfield player in Brazil. I wouldn't be upset if Bradley was dropped as well, he's been dreadful the second the ink dried on that contract from Toronto.
You can observe a lot by just watching.