News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

what do Fulham, Villa and Swansea have in common?

Started by jarv, November 16, 2016, 03:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 17, 2016, 12:07:48 PM
I don't think Blackpool are US owned

No I think they are English. I think I'm the only person who's mentioned Blackpool and I used them as an example to defend foreign owners.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: jarv on November 16, 2016, 03:29:39 PM
American owners who like to oversee the freefall and demise of relatively successful premier clubs. 094.gif

You forgot Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U.  Can't get any less successful than them.   :022:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

jarv

For all of you whom I offended, I am sorry I started this. It was meant as a tongue in cheek joke but several have turned it into a serious discussion. Well done.  My Swansea supporting mate (who played at Wembley once) here in America said their site is in meltdown, a bit like ours in the last 2 seasons, and he does not read it at the moment. Its all yanks this and yanks that.

Seriously, I was just sort of kidding and expected about 2 responses. (from Welshmen)  :Get Coat gif:

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: jarv on November 17, 2016, 06:08:13 PM
For all of you whom I offended, I am sorry I started this. It was meant as a tongue in cheek joke but several have turned it into a serious discussion. Well done.  My Swansea supporting mate (who played at Wembley once) here in America said their site is in meltdown, a bit like ours in the last 2 seasons, and he does not read it at the moment. Its all yanks this and yanks that.

Seriously, I was just sort of kidding and expected about 2 responses. (from Welshmen)  :Get Coat gif:

I wouldn't worry too much about it,as I've stated before
some on here take things just a tad too serious.
Some can't see when one is having a laugh.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: snarks on November 16, 2016, 03:57:02 PM
Give it a break please. I'm not saying the stewardship is everything I hoped for, but really do we have to go through this, when there appears little basis for it financially. He's not Ernie clay or several of the others that predated MAF. Ok he hasn't achieved MAF's level of success yet, but no need for the bashing either.

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

AlexW132

I do not believe that Khan is in any way a money man who is only interested in turning a profit. True, that is one of his priorities but it is for any owner. I do genuinely believe he wants the best for us and is determined to bring us success, and yes he has made many mistakes, we have seen how trigger happy he can be with managers, and some below average signings. But we have to remember that we are his first 'soccer' venture, and that he is on a learning curve. It is understandable that he is not so familiar with promotion/relegation because they don't have it over there, it is not part of their culture. So in a way I'm glad the mistakes have been made already without any major consequences other than relegation, of which some of the blame I think MAF has to shoulder. It allows Khan to learn from them, what works and what doesn't in English football, and as a result do what's best for the club in the long term.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 16, 2016, 05:10:49 PM
Quote from: cookieg on November 16, 2016, 04:49:20 PM
Isn't the bloke who owns Villa Chinese?

Well apparently he has a book in his Library with the Title "100 Ways To Cook Your Dog". But that of course could be a Red Herring. My understanding is that the owner is an American, but I am not 100% certain.

Nope he was Korean. And the book was '100 ways to wok your dog'

Chesh

I couldn't be bothered engaging, but fwiw it did look more like a dig then a joke.

I'd say most on here can appreciate a bit of light heartedness/irony, but worded like that I'm not surprised it wasn't taken how you supposedly meant it.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

snarks

I did think you were having a go, and just misread* the humour. Still it ended up being an interesting sidebar.

* it went over my head without even parting my hair!