watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SPURS NEW STADIUM

Started by Zendra, November 22, 2016, 11:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zendra

Never been so impressed with any ground as I am with their new  stadium  if the artists impressions are accurate. Absolutely magnificent !  It will make CC look rather humble in comparison  even if the Riverside does  go ahead. Having said that , CC. is still better and nicer looking  than Selhurst , Loftus Road ,Griffin Park ,The Valley  Brisbane Road and arguably the new Den,
Better than the Olympic stadium  as well - certainly safer !

H4usuallysitting

My Spuds mate used to love coming down to the cottage - he used to call it the civilised face of football

bill taylors apprentice

"Better and nicer than.........and arguably the New Den" !

Are you on medication ?

f321ffc

Quote from: Zendra on November 22, 2016, 11:00:38 PM
Never been so impressed with any ground as I am with their new  stadium  if the artists impressions are accurate. Absolutely magnificent !  It will make CC look rather humble in comparison  even if the Riverside does  go ahead. Having said that , CC. is still better and nicer looking  than Selhurst , Loftus Road ,Griffin Park ,The Valley  Brisbane Road and arguably the new Den,
Craven Cottage, the best football ground in the world. And I'm not biased.
(well maybe just a bit) 092.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

chiefo

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 23, 2016, 07:53:04 AM

Lol you know that. I may add couldn't give a hoot what their stadium will look like.

Are you on medication ?

Are you on medication ?

H4usuallysitting

Are you on medication ?

I was there last night....the incerators add a certain charm to the whole ambience

ron

Spurs need to keep WHL attractive to lure all our young talent up there, as it always has.

bog

I have been to a few of the new grounds and found them soulless. Bolton's new one especaily so. You can keep your new grounds. Craven Cottage will always do for me thank you very much.

Thank you and good night

092.gif

fulhamfan

Old and unique ground>>>>>>>Soulless bowl

Will look dated in 10 years. emirates already starting to look dated. And what about St Marys, Leicester. Boro etc? They look horrendously boring now!

bobbo

Quote from: f321ffc on November 23, 2016, 08:49:25 AM
Quote from: Zendra on November 22, 2016, 11:00:38 PM
Craven Cottage, the best football ground in the world. And I'm not biased.
(well maybe just a bit) 092.gif
no 321 you're not biased and neither am I it is the best.all the concrete bowls don't come near . I think the nearest competitor is goodison park but they don't have the river
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Riverside

mmmm Seven Sisters or a walk through Bishops Park and a beer overlooking the river

I know which I prefer .....

HectorWeso

Pics looks like The Emirates. Ironically hilarious.

Neil D

I think we're being a little self-delusional here.  The Cottage does have an element of retro charm and the location along the river is a real asset.  However, the view from the JH stand is badly compromised by the pillars and it is an unattractive stand (though not from the Stevenage Rd).  In terms of recent grounds I've visited, MK Dons stadium has an excellent view from wherever you sit, really comfortable seats, lots of legroom, easy access (I don't mean getting there). 

Please note: criticising the JH stand, which is an arranement of bricks, girders, seats and corrugated iron, is not the same as criticising the player whom I saw play on many an occasion.  Other than that, feel free to have a go.

ron

I always thought that the cantilevering of the JH roof would be a priority at the time of the ground improvement. I'm sure that the roof could be supported in that way, while at the same time improving the use of space beneath the stand, which is pure early 20th century with shabby additions. Agree that the gable on the roof and the view of the distinctive rear windows from the rest of the ground should be in the specification. eminently doable, without compromising the appearance of mr leitch's design.