News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many games played constitutes a decent career?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, December 01, 2016, 10:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

I often look up old players to see where they are now or what they've achieved in the game since leaving us. A lot of youngsters end up finished by their mid 20s.

I was arguing with my brother in law a few months back about what was an acceptable amount of professional games to retire with. He said 100 which I thought was ridiculous. I would go double that to say you had a decent career games wise. In those 200 you may have been relegated 20 times and scored 50 own goals but that's not what I'm asking. Just based on games played how many would you say is a decent career?

I say 200 is decent.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

If you break into a team at 20 and end up playing say 15-20 games a season I'd say that's decent if they retire in mid 30's. So around 200 is a good number.

snarks

Average career length is about 6 years. To me that's not a decent career. Average retirement age is 35, so if you play 3/5 of a clubs games a season for 15 years assuming 50 games a season would give 450 games, allowing for injuries etc. I would say a decent career would be 300 games, and a successful one over 400

Fulham Tup North

300 games is a great effort.  Gordon Davies played over 450.
Johnny Haynes over 630.
Alan Shearer over 550.
Peter Shilton nearly 1400!!!
So in answer to the question, 300 is a good effort.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Carborundum

This talentless duffer would have been thrilled with one football league game.  Granted,  that's not a career.  But I'm mindful that everyone I have ever watched play in the football league has been more than decent from my vantage point.