watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Martin v Derby

Started by Neil D, December 05, 2016, 02:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

I have to confess that I thought Martin was a bit of donkey at the start of the season but, as he has grown in confidence, his qualities have become more evident - the kind which enabled him to score 33 goals for Derby in the last two seasons.  I have been especially impressed with his lay-offs and hold-up play.  So, is he available to play against Derby on the 17th or does the loan agreement preclude this? 

ffc2004

I think he'd be ineligible under the loan terms

Neil D

Quote from: ffc2004 on December 05, 2016, 02:27:33 PM
I think he'd be ineligible under the loan terms
Hmm.  I was hoping against hope that this would not be the case.

Supermitch

It's not the terms of this loan specifically but is an FA ruling that no player on loan may play against their parent club.  The ruling actually makes sense - imagine the outrage that would occur (rightly or wrongly) if a goalkeeper dropped a clanger near the end of a game leading to his parent club winning.

If we take up the option to buy in January he'll be able to play in the away game.

Supermitch

Quote from: Statto on December 05, 2016, 05:28:07 PM
Quote from: Supermitch on December 05, 2016, 02:53:03 PM
It's not the terms of this loan specifically but is an FA ruling that no player on loan may play against their parent club.  The ruling actually makes sense - imagine the outrage that would occur (rightly or wrongly) if a goalkeeper dropped a clanger near the end of a game leading to his parent club winning.

If we take up the option to buy in January he'll be able to play in the away game.

just looked at the EFL rules and couldn't find that. is it just a premier league rule perhaps?

http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx

You are right it is a Premier League rule, not an EFL one.

I found in the EFL rules:

52.7  During the period of any Temporary Loan Transfer, a Player shall not play against his Transferor Club without the prior written permission of the Transferor Club (which, if given, must be indicated on the appropriate Temporary Loan Transfer form).