watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Leicester's reward for finishing top of the group

Started by dannyboi-ffc, December 07, 2016, 09:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

So everyone makes a big deal about finishing top rather than 2nd and this is who Leicester will face......1 of.....

Benfica
PSG
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Monaco
Sevilla

Don't feel sorry for them because that group with Porto Copenhagen and Club Brugge is a Europa League group and an extremely lucky draw.

I guess we will find out in the new year just how good this team is. Good luck to them.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Sgt Fulham

Despite what you say I can't help but feel sorry for them. Poor old Bayern won't know what hit them when they're 4-0 down at half time.

J

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 07, 2016, 09:52:49 PM
So everyone makes a big deal about finishing top rather than 2nd and this is who Leicester will face......1 of.....

Benfica
PSG
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Monaco
Sevilla

Don't feel sorry for them because that group with Porto Copenhagen and Club Brugge is a Europa League group and an extremely lucky draw.

I guess we will find out in the new year just how good this team is. Good luck to them.

To be fair that is just the general quality left at this stage of the champions league!

PSG, Real and Byern would be unlucky but Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Juventus that they avoid wouldn't be much (/any) better to face

P.s. I believe it is Bayer Leverkusen not Monaco as a possible opponent

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: J on December 07, 2016, 10:58:19 PM

Benfica
PSG
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Monaco
Sevilla

To be fair that is just the general quality left at this stage of the champions league!

PSG, Real and Byern would be unlucky but Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Juventus that they avoid wouldn't be much (/any) better to face

My bad. Saw they beat them tonight and got them mixed up. To be fair it's not a big difference. It's still the draw you want from that list bar Benfica.

In years gone by we've seen clubs like an average Ajax, then even lower the likes of Viktoria plzen make the quarter finals so although it's the general quality at this stage. There's normally one or two that are still pretty poor. But that list looks very strong to me.

Think I'd want Benfica and imo Leicester would beat Benfica but lose to anyone else. Unless they can turn their form around. They have plenty of time to do it now.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

J just to prove what I was trying to say here's the runners up from last season.

PSG
PSV Eindhoven
Gent
Benfica
Arsenal
Juventus
Roma
Dynamo Kiev

They'd have avoided Arsenal but there's a few more teams you'd fancy your chances against. This season seems a stronger batch. Think I'm going for Barca to win it

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

J

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 07, 2016, 11:24:24 PM

Benfica
PSG
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Monaco
Sevilla

My bad. Saw they beat them tonight and got them mixed up. To be fair it's not a big difference. It's still the draw you want from that list bar Benfica.

In years gone by we've seen clubs like an average Ajax, then even lower the likes of Viktoria plzen make the quarter finals so although it's the general quality at this stage. There's normally one or two that are still pretty poor. But that list looks very strong to me.

Think I'd want Benfica and imo Leicester would beat Benfica but lose to anyone else. Unless they can turn their form around. They have plenty of time to do it now.

You could argue Leicester are one of the "one or two that are still pretty poor" haha. But I agree it is a strong group this year! Such a shame Kante left. Leicester remain a strong counterattacking threat but he made such a difference defensively for them. On that topic apparently Leicester are trying to buy this guy as a replacement:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/02/leicester-agree-fee-wilfried-ndidi-genk

St Eve

I wish it was us we were talking about. How disappointing it would be to be drawn against Real Madrid

Forever Fulham

Quote from: J on December 07, 2016, 11:32:14 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 07, 2016, 11:24:24 PM

Benfica
PSG
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Monaco
Sevilla

You could argue Leicester are one of the "one or two that are still pretty poor" haha. But I agree it is a strong group this year! Such a shame Kante left. Leicester remain a strong counterattacking threat but he made such a difference defensively for them. On that topic apparently Leicester are trying to buy this guy as a replacement:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/02/leicester-agree-fee-wilfried-ndidi-genk
You are so right.  Kante was the straw that stirred the drink.  Massive loss for Leicester.  The Little Team That Thought It Could.  What a story!  Go, Leicester, go.

westcliff white

Benfica
PSG
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Monaco
Sevilla

I don't feel sorry for them either, that was the easiest group I have seen for a few years. If any team could have picked four opponent sin their group it would have been that four.

Last season (all credit to them) was a fluke, they battled for each other and the bigger teams just didn't get any consistency, it was good to see and was refreshing. This season though I think we are seeing the real Leicester a team that is mid table at best, Players like Mahrez always struggle in the second season as teams figure you out.

Shame but I see them struggling to stay up this season, a shame as I like Ranieri.
Every day is a Fulham day

MikeW

There is always the Checkatrade - a visit to my local club Cheltenham shouldn't present too many problems ....
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

SP

Wingnut

Quote from: SP on December 10, 2016, 05:55:04 PM
The Foxes have started well today.

A great result for them yesterday. They've a nice run of games coming up over which should see them jumping up the table.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.