watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Beforehand would have taken a point

Started by 18stepsup, December 10, 2016, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMatt

I just can't get it into my head why anyone is happy on balance.

Positive is we snatched a point at the death. And I always like to look at positives, but focusing on them today isn't going to see us improve.

We need to focus on how we managed to let it slip and not how wonderful it is that we salvaged a point against a team on a run of 4 straight home defeats.

If we're an ambitious club, which I think we are, then we need to fix what went wrong and not celebrate this point. We need to make sure whatever went wrong second half doesn't happen again. Two points lost, for sure.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Follow me: @mattdjourno

FFCFOREVER

I think we all need to remember how dire the last 2 seasons have been for FFC and that we are a work in progress.Whilst I am still gutted at only getting a point today after being in a great position we are continuing to improve.A little more work on our game management plan and we will get there.All credit to the lads though for clawing a point back right at the death, we got walloped there last year so im happy all things considered.

Fulham 442

I expected a win today so I am disappointed with a point, albeit that we scored a last minute equaliser I was gutted we shipped a two goal lead.  If we are going to be contenders for a top six place we need to sort this out.  Yes I understand that the last two seasons have been dire but we have improved and so we, the supporters, and the team, need to up our expectations.  I know last season we would have capitulated but I am still disappointed.......

VicHalomsLovechild

On the other hand. After letting a two goal lead slip away, then going down to 4-3 in the 90th they didn't collapsed and give in. Which was the norm not that long ago. They go get a goal and salvage a point!

MJG

If you had offered a point before hand I would have taken it. But for there bad finishing when Button fumbled at 0-1 we could ha e had a really tough fight back to get anything. But we should ha e win so it's two points lost in my book. Also makes next two games ones where two wins are vital.

MikeW

Making use of my new TV sub I listened to pretty much all of Gentlemen Jim and his mate.  They certainly gave the impression Button was wobbly today.  But with a 'keeper it's always exaggerated.

He had a right go at the ref at one point - 'having a laugh', 'he's supposed to be a grown man', 'bang him up!', 'a kick in the guts ' .... don't think a BBC job beckons Jim but it's a good listen!

COYW
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

filham

A couple of weeks ago it really looked as if we had tightened up at the back but had difficulty scoring goals. Hard to fathom a 4-4 scoreline especially with the likes of Sigurdsson, Madle and Sessegnon on the bench.

The really bad news is that it was beginning to look as if we had a settled team but now there will probably be yet another round of changes on Tuesday night.

Southfield White

If we have any real ambitions of promotion this season, we shouldn't be happy with a draw to Wolves.
They were near the bottom of the table so it's a game we should of won.
I understand football is not that straight forward, especially in this league, but we won't get anywhere settling for a point to a team near the bottom of the league.

I still have my doubts about the manager, that has still not changed although I'm hoping he be able to change my mind.

Winners expect to win, they get that winning mentality , not settling for anything less.

RaySmith

But we didn't settle for a loss, which was what  I expected after going behind so late in the day.

We went out for a win, going in  two in front at  half time, albeit with a bit of luck. But they came  at us in the second half, with their  very classy forwards, and we were found wanting, which we had been at the back  a bit in the first half.
Defending - we just weren't solid enough against this type of team.

BUT all credit must be given to the team for fighting back for a last minute draw.

ffc73

No, I had this as a win game to judge our play off credentials so disappointed. Definite 2 points dropped in my book to add to the QPR, Brighton, Burton, Forest, Leeds etc etc etc etc dropped points from dominant positions

cmg

Quote from: MikeW on December 10, 2016, 09:26:30 PM
Making use of my new TV sub I listened to pretty much all of Gentlemen Jim and his mate.  They certainly gave the impression Button was wobbly today.  But with a 'keeper it's always exaggerated.

Admittedly not one of Button's showcase performances, but, if you have the time, take a quick look at the other Championship highlights. Some of the goalkeeping on show today would make Button look more like Buffon.

brightster

I think the conditions yesterday were a major factor in a lot of high scoring games, bad day for all keepers really.
Agree 2 points dropped from half time, but when they went 4-3 up thought we had blown it, but well done lads for not giving up unlike last couple of years!

Fulham Tup North

I just hope that come May those two LOST points don't come back to haunt us.
If it is a case of not being in the Play-offs by a couple of points I will be very frustrated.
Having said that, the 2 points we dropped away at Leeds were hurtful and missing that last minute penalty against QPR was another point wasted.  With those 5 points, we would now be 4th :(
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"