more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

4 - 4 And that my friends ............

Started by bill taylors apprentice, December 10, 2016, 04:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EastEndWhite

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on December 10, 2016, 05:32:55 PM
Wolves have beaten Newcastle, Birmingham and Reading this season.  They're not a bad team, they're inconsistent.

And that's the problem with us too. 

However, frustrating as it was I'll take a point all day long.  I think Wolves fans will be more upset than us with the final result.  Last season we would have left with nothing.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 10, 2016, 10:06:42 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 10, 2016, 05:16:19 PM
The usual, lily-livered nonsense by fickle Fulham fans on the Match Day Thread, like :

"Hope we haven't sat back and thought We'd won it at half time."  This was at 2-3.  Does any professional team think like that ?

Wolves were bound to come back after HT and they were the home team, remember.  It's like, "We shouldn't concede from set pieces" - yet we expect to score from them !!!

It's football.  Teams win and teams lose.  They also draw.
0001.jpeg
I reckon if Newcastle was away and drew 4-4 their fans would be right behind the team - not calling them bottlers or attempting to find scapegoats!
Unfortunately on here we win - everyone goes mad, we lose - many go mental and now even an away draw against a bogey side - many loose the plot!

0001.jpeg

J

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 10, 2016, 04:55:24 PM
Is why we ain't going up this season!

But its an improvement on recent seasons and the football is more enjoyable !

I think more accurately it highlights that we are not a top 2 team... Not that anyone was claiming we were but this kind of thing happens to teams not dominating the league.
If anything the fightback to still get a point makes me happy we will be in the mix for a playoff spot come end of the season. But definitely still 2 points dropped from where we were at the break

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 10, 2016, 06:51:14 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 10, 2016, 06:26:42 PM
Can I please reiterate Rotherham just turned QPR ovet

That's nice but irrelevant.

I agree its a competitive league and all that but all I'm interested in is our teams performances and results.

In today's game it wasn't like H'field and Reading surrendering to a mid table team (us) and looking a shadow of their previous self's, we played well today (again) and didn't come home with 3 points due to not capitalising on our possession and winning position (again).

Yes there will be times when things don't go our way but we are too soft at present and its a flaw in the team that needs attending to.

Irrelevant?..... Were playing Rotherham on Tuesday - doesn't this say that apart from probably Newcastle, any team can beat any team in this league....good point as far as I'm concerned

gang

Quote from: F(f)CUK on December 10, 2016, 05:41:43 PM
I have watched their fourth goal twice and still don't know how it went in.

Neither does Button, there lies the problem.

FulhamStu

Wolves have beaten Newcastle, Birmingham and Reading this season.  They're not a bad team, they're inconsistent.

One game isn't why we will or won't go up.  We've got a much stronger mentality this season, and talk of bottling is pretty short of the mark.  If we were bottlers we wouldn't have come back to get a point today, or against Sheff Weds, or against Norwich.

One of the Wolves based journalists tweets suggested the first half was ours but with Wolves defensive awfulness and the second half was more open but relatively balanced with both teams having chances, and spells of dominance and that we looked more likely to get a winner before they got their fourth.

There's definitely room for improvement, but we're not woeful or in need of a complete overhaul.  We could have done with a striking option on the bench though, but that's old news.
I was at the game and can tell you, the Wolves fans were very loud and gave tremendous support, 2nd half the Wolves team gave absolutely everything, yes we had many chances to bury them, but we still scored 4 away from home.  It was a massively open game, if we had the ability to kill the game through 2 banks of 4 type play we would have won but that is not how we play.  Our football is delightful at times but we lave ourselves open to the counter and we are not physical and powerful enough in central defence, especially with Ream in the team.  Finally we should have scored 6 Wolves could have scored 6.  It was that sort of game.

toshes mate

One game isn't why we will or won't go up.  We've got a much stronger mentality this season, and talk of bottling is pretty short of the mark.  If we were bottlers we wouldn't have come back to get a point today, or against Sheff Weds, or against Norwich.

One of the Wolves based journalists tweets suggested the first half was ours but with Wolves defensive awfulness and the second half was more open but relatively balanced with both teams having chances, and spells of dominance and that we looked more likely to get a winner before they got their fourth.

There's definitely room for improvement, but we're not woeful or in need of a complete overhaul.  We could have done with a striking option on the bench though, but that's old news.

Message received and understood and echoed by me.  I was thinking back on our capitulation in the away game at Charlton with Kit Symons in charge when Wolves got their second and third goals, and just cussing when they scored the fourth, but recovery with so little time left is always a sign of character.  Yes, in the final analysis it is two good points thrown away from not killing the game early in the second half by doing what we had done so well in the first forty five, but at least it was a point and not a defeat.