watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

our summer signings 2016

Started by colinwhite, December 15, 2016, 10:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

I really rely on peoples opinions about both team and players to keep up with what is going on with FFC.  It's always nice to see how people see players completely differently. 

For example I thought Ream played well in his recent appearance and was disappointed to see him completely left off the bench of late.  Harsh as I think, from what I saw in the replays, that he had good games and showed class on the ball with excellent passing out of the back. 

On another note..... not to stir the pot but ......loads of people on here gave stats boy Kline crap over being involved with player signings.  Now I think most would agree this team and the summer signings are a big improvement over the last few seasons.  I realize that the improvements could be due to current coaching management, but I still think overall we have a vast improvement on our players.  I just can't help but wonder how much Kline was involved with the player recruitment? 

For me this years team selection, however they have come to FFC, has shown that Khan and company are moving forward.  It may not be in leaps and bounds but FFC is moving forward without breaking the bank yet staying competitive. 

For that I say well done to both Khan and Club.   051  049:gif

Looking forward to seeing what business the club will do in the January window  xmascheer1
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

dannyboi-ffc

Bill, Statto explained why I took into account the actual transfer deal. The title of the thread is summer signings and how we've rated them. If it had been best player so far then I would have scored it slightly different for certain players.

But I get what you're saying. We just interpreted the point of the thread differently.

Interesting point Statto about Sig and Kalas. When they play together I suppose there isn't a great deal of difference. But overall Kalas has been the better player.

I'd expect that though, he is based across the road so knows and lives local, knows the championship from last season too so there wasn't really a settling in period. For Sig it's completely different and I don't think he's quite got to the pace of the league yet.

If it's any conciliation to you I don't think Sig will get worse. I can only see his rating and performances getting better with time.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

colinwhite

good points by one and all. I dont think we actually have made any poor signings. Jozabed and Kebano havent been given game time so they havent delivered anything as yet,but we cant say they are rubbish because we havent seen them play enough.
Incidentally I give slavisa 8/10 ,. For me he has done a very good job and i repeat lets  get him signed up on a new contract !

nose

Going back to the OP
The signings are generally a step up in quality. however they arenot in the class that tigs brought in, but even f his signings were not all successful.
Malone has been a revelation and IMO miles better than Husband (somebody mentioned him above). Kalas is a class act unlike so many others I think the goalkeeper is pretty good and I have no real complaints, all GKs make errors and I think this one has saved us more than let us down by a mile.
The others such as Ayite and Aluko are talented but very wasteful and eratic, for aluko to fulfil his potential he really needs some end product, he is quick and skillful but it tends to lead nowhere.
Macdonald is excellent when not alongside parker, they do not compliment each other is the problem and johansen has burst into life after a very shaky start.
So that all good, some of the others like kebanno do not seem to have had enough of a chance, i suspect he is a very good player if given the opportunity, jozabed, not keen so far.  Martin? I would think we can do better for the same money and I feel he is not suited to our style.

The real star for me is the manager who has obviously turned things round and we are looking a very decent side and if he is allowd to strengthen again in January, without inteference from our second rate board, then we may yet make top two (perhaps a trifle optimistic but not impossible). If the board do intefere we may demoralise the manager and that will be a big negative.

Merry christmas.

colinwhite

agree with most of that . I do think Martin is part of slavisa s game plan and suits our style .But as I and many others have said it would be good to have another option to be able t change both personel and style around .And Im not talking about a Smith type of player.

snarks

Going back to the Kalas and sig comparison. Kalas was definitely more noticeable during his injury enforced absence than sig has been when either Madl or Ream has played. That's for me why he rates higher,  he makes his CB partner better.

colinwhite

I agree kalas has been the best defender ,not perfect but very important for the team