https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Official: Transfer Roundup

Started by Apprentice to the Maestro, February 01, 2017, 01:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/february/01/transfer-round-up

Wednesday 1 February 2017 13:00

Having brought 14 new faces to SW6 in the summer, Slaviša Jokanović took his total number of fresh arrivals to 16 following our business in the January transfer window. One incoming in August was Lucas Piazon, who later extended his deal with Fulham until the end of the season, while the squad was further bolstered with the recruitment of Thanos Petsos and Gohi Cyriac on loan for the remainder of the campaign. Here's a detailed looked at how the month unfolded for the Whites...

Fulham's first incoming business of the January transfer window saw Lucas Piazon extend his stay until the end of the season.

The attacking midfielder's loan from Chelsea had expired following the 2-0 victory over Barnsley, but just days later it was announced that he would remain a Fulham player for the duration of 2016/17.

Piazon was more than happy to remain in the white of Fulham, telling the official website that he was enjoying playing in such a fluid side: "We can do big things this season, we have a great team and it's great to play with these guys and to enjoy football with them."

A new face arrived on Thursday 26th, when Thanos Petsos joined on loan from German Bundesliga outfit Werder Bremen, with the defensive midfielder making his debut three days later in the 4-1 Emirates FA Cup victory over Hull City.

"I'm happy that everything's done," Petsos told fulhamfctv after signing. "My first impressions are that it's a great team.

"I was very impressed that they knew everything about me, my playing style, how I act on the pitch, and that impressed me very much."

Transfer deadline day saw Gohi Cyriac join on loan for the remainder of the season, with the Club holding an option to make the deal permanent in the summer.

Speaking to the official website after signing, the Ivory Coast international said: "I am a striker, I am quick, and my number one target is to score goals. I hope to do that for Fulham so that we can have a good rest of the season."

The one permanent departure from the Club saw Matt Smith make the short journey to Queens Park Rangers on deadline day.

After the deal was done, the striker tweeted his gratitude to the fans, stating: "From the bottom of my heart, a massive thank you to everyone associated with Fulham Football Club, not least you fans, for all your support in what's been an incredibly enjoyable period of my career."

A number of outgoing loans from SW6 were confirmed throughout the month. Sean Kavanagh was first to agree a temporary deal elsewhere, joining Hartlepool United on the 5th, with Cameron Burgess moving to Bury a day later.

Marek Rodák's switch to Accrington Stanley saw him taste Football League action for the first time, and on the same day that he joined the Sky Bet League Two side, Jozabed returned to Spain for the remainder of the season to aid the Celta Vigo cause in La Liga.

Early on in his Fulham career Ryan Tunnicliffe spent some time on loan at Wigan Athletic, and he penned a similar deal with the Latics on Friday 20th.

Stephen Humphrys made his First Team breakthrough at the end of 2016, and he subsequently penned a contract extension with the Club a month later prior to joining Shrewsbury Town, where he is now playing alongside fellow Whites loanee Jack Grimmer.

Fulham did some further business with a fellow Championship side when Cauley Woodrow and Lasse Vigen Christensen joined Burton Albion in a double deal. The pair will be ineligible when the sides meet on Wednesday evening.

Riversider

No mention of Josh Risdon our new right back from Perth Glory !!