more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Gary Rowett

Started by ffc2004, December 14, 2016, 01:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: @jolslover on December 14, 2016, 04:44:54 PM
Rowett was doing a very good job, but I can understand some reasons why the owners may have sacked him for Zola...

Under Rowett they played a very counter attacking game, Choosing to sit back and absorb pressure for large spells of the game. Maybe the owners wanted a more 'Barcelona' style of play and Zola played a great brand of attractive football at Watford.

Another reason is that I assume the owners are planning to spend a lot this January, and they believe Zola can attract/sign better players than Rowett could.

So while it may come as a shock to many, I dont think it was done without reason.

But you play to the capabilities of your squad and the transfer budget available. Barcelona style on a shoe string ain't gonna happen.  The owners can dream but when I see decent home grown managers treated like this I just want to see theat dream crash and burn.  I hope Rowett gets a good appointment soon, I think he deserves it.

bog

Is this a wind up? What nonsense! When he took over they were in a right mess. I think they had just lost one game at home 0-8. He has had no money to spend and now they are going much much better and he is gone! There are some bloody idiots in the game...mind you there always have been.     :doh: :031: 090.gif

092.gif 

Carborundum

Improves the chances of us finishing above them.  They did a number on us early in the season.  Our frailties remain pretty constant, so if they change style that bodes well for the return fixture.

Of course it's all barmy.  Each of the 24 slots in the table will be filled, just like they always are.  Levels of presumption and entitlement in board rooms (and terraces) outstrip the ability of the table to provide all with satisfaction.  Always has, always will.  But the Birmingham owners name - Trillion Trophy - at least shows that irony isn't dead.

Wolf

Beggars belief! Rowett was my #1 choice when we got Symons. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a Premier League job
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Jack Fulham

Hopefully this will stop them spanking us at Cottage.

f321ffc

Seems like Rowett. Had a new contract offer on the table but wouldn't sign it.
From the Daily Mirror.
Moxey
It didn't help either that Rowett's star was on the rise. Predators, with bigger budgets, if not intrinsically bigger clubs in themselves, started to appear on the periphery.

Twelve months ago, the manager was pursued by Fulham. Acting chief executive Panos Pavlakis pulled off a coup in persuading Rowett's backroom staff to stay. And then the manager himself, increasing his relatively low wages three-fold with a new contract.

But the deal had left a nasty taste in Pavlakis's mouth. He didn't much like the way the situation had been handled. More of that, later.

Meanwhile, the club had been taken over and, with the green light given from Hong Kong, the purse-strings were loosened a little.

Rowett was able to make moves in the transfer market. He took in Diego Fabbrini, from Watford, for £1m.

He brought in others, too. Che Adams from Sheffield United for £1.3m. Winger Greg Stewart from Dundee for £400,000. Nicolai Brock-Madsen from Randers in Denmark for the same amount.

When the takeover was eventually confirmed two months ago, however, the picture changed.

Pressure began to increase on Rowett. Several of his signings weren't tearing a path up the Championship table like the new owners wanted.

Adams was young, Stewart needed a full pre-season behind him, Brock-Madsen had been farmed out to Zwolle in Holland. Fabbrini told the manager he wanted to leave after an early-season victory over Leeds United. Since then he has been on the missing list.

Despite this, Rowett ensured Birmingham City were competitive. In fact, they were doing very nicely, thank you.

And for that reason those within the game, who understood the financial parameters he was working under, were interested in him.

Rumours that both Wolves and Derby County spoke to Rowett remain just that. However, it is known that QPR's overtures, prior to Ian Holloway's appointment, led to friction behind the scenes at St Andrew's.

It led to the Pavlakis organising a new deal for the manager. The Chinese sanctioned that deal. It remained unsigned.

That did not please the owners who had started to take a greater interest in the club with the pot of money promised by the Premier League now within sight on the horizon.

No, they weren't happy. They felt they had been messed around over the contract. They weren't seeing an instant return on their cash and pressure was building.

Only Pavlakis knows to what extent he had been irritated by Rowett's stance.

It is rumoured that an itch became a scratch and that the relationship between manager and director had led to friction.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mince n Tatties

Report this morning states Norwich want him to replace Alex Neil(thought he just got the vote of confidence)

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 16, 2016, 07:23:02 AM
Report this morning states Norwich want him to replace Alex Neil(thought he just got the vote of confidence)
Vote of Confidence!!

Done deal then.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on December 16, 2016, 07:29:33 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 16, 2016, 07:23:02 AM
Vote of Confidence!!

Done deal then.

lol
Apparently though my Norwich pal here in Suffolk says Delia loves Alex..

Mince n Tatties

She might of fallen out of love with him after tonights result..