watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I never want to see Button play for Fulham again

Started by ffcthereligion, December 17, 2016, 06:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

I will be watching the 90 minute replay 2moro and comment afterwards, but I think the OP's topic is way over the top on the games I have watched this year and yes they have been on either TV or the FFCTV replays which allows 1 to re-analyse what has happened rather than just watch a live match! Watch this space!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

J

westcliff white

There are members on the board that after everygame look for a scape goat, at times I have done that too, but in reality for Saturdays game, almost all of us would have settled for a draw before the game. Why? froma personal level I would say because Derby had been on a good run (still are), for the last 2 seasons we have been in this division they have been promotion contenders and finally they always seem to play decent against us. We are doping a lot better than previous seasons, we have a better team, so come on guys lets stop moaning looking for a scape goat, doing that only helps a team beat itsself. We are fantastic supporters of a fantastic club lets back eery single one every single time (I know we do really), and cheer us onwards and upwards in the remaining fixtures, we are 4 points from the playoffs and with some good additions in January could be serios contenders for the play offs.
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Has anyone mentioned that Madl seemingly let the man go for the second and McDonald gives him one hell of a bollocking.

ffc2004

Quote from: Milo on December 17, 2016, 10:23:55 PM
Not at fault for either goal. But distribution still poor, concerned every time he gets the ball to feet... And he nearly let the ball through his feet today

MJG

Quote from: ffc2004 on December 19, 2016, 08:07:35 AM
Quote from: Milo on December 17, 2016, 10:23:55 PM
Not at fault for either goal. But distribution still poor, concerned every time he gets the ball to feet... And he nearly let the ball through his feet today

HamsterWheel

Problem with Button is at the moment he's not doing anything well. Every shot blasted at him finds a way through, he's not made a decent saves for ages.
He's not dominating the box.
His distribution is at best OK, but he often short passes to a player who's not ready to receive.
And he keeps making howlers when in possession, not getting rid of the ball when opposing forwards run at him.
Other teams are figuring this out, and we're going to continue to concede until he either sorts it out or is replaced.

f321ffc

I don't think we will sign another keeper but hope we do, one  I would like to sign is Alex Smities from the HAHA'S that would improve us and probably send them down. :merry christmas:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

nose

and i am reputed to be negative.
Button is a reasonable keeper, he makes an occasional error, and yes he miscontrolled the ball but neither goal was really down to him, the first he might have done better BUT the move starts when we throw the ball straight to one of their players, we get it back and then give it away again and sig really fouls up big time, a simple ball that he fails to deal with leaving Ince, the only decent thing about derby, clean through and he hits a wicked shot low and hard at the goalkeepers near post, it was a brilliant shot, every goalkeeper would have struggled.
the second goal was the managers fault, no players on the post, if we would have had players on the post they would not have scored AND if we would have marked the forward then that would have helped, but in the end it was a good corner, needlessly given away.  The problem is we didn't exploit our superiority and turned it into a greater lead.
But blaming the goalkeeper is ridiculous! He has made many fine saves this season and benifited us more than cost us.
And that is my opinion.

alfie

Quote from: nose on December 19, 2016, 03:53:30 PM
and i am reputed to be negative.
Button is a reasonable keeper, he makes an occasional error, and yes he miscontrolled the ball but neither goal was really down to him, the first he might have done better BUT the move starts when we throw the ball straight to one of their players, we get it back and then give it away again and sig really fouls up big time, a simple ball that he fails to deal with leaving Ince, the only decent thing about derby, clean through and he hits a wicked shot low and hard at the goalkeepers near post, it was a brilliant shot, every goalkeeper would have struggled.
the second goal was the managers fault, no players on the post, if we would have had players on the post they would not have scored AND if we would have marked the forward then that would have helped, but in the end it was a good corner, needlessly given away.  The problem is we didn't exploit our superiority and turned it into a greater lead.
But blaming the goalkeeper is ridiculous! He has made many fine saves this season and benifited us more than cost us.
And that is my opinion.
I agree with you Mr N, although I was right in Line with Sig and it looked like the ball came a bit awkward and he was off balance.

I get so tired of this blame game all the time, yes players make mistakes, but don't we all, or are some on here perfect. We are in a great place at the moment, the best we have been for a long long time, so why can't we just enjoy it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

J

I'm keen for Betts to get another go - I think he has been judged by some people a little harshly as he has at times had to play in a generally poor defensive unit and also when Lonergan was in the team I feel it all just gets lumped into a general "the defense was a mess, including when Betts was playing" rather than seeing both the good and the bad. He is still a young keeper, and as other posters have mentioned, he hopefully will have improved somewhat from training even though he has not been in the first team. Of course I could be wrong, but only one way to find out!

Plus taking Button out for a few games to re focus and re assess would probably do him some good.

FulhamStu

Interesingly Jokanovic says 3 mistakes for their 2nd goal.  Button not attacking the ball, Pierce unmarked, plus another mistake, anyone any idea of the 3rd error ?   We all know we need a strong leader at the back, a biggish guy with footballing ability and as MJG keeps saying ideally a left sided player.  It's not all Buttons fault and it's partly because we are such an offensive minded team with full backs pushing on so much it leave us short at the back sometimes.  This delivers great football and goals, but is a risky game when we lose possession.

westcliff white

Did Joka say what any of the 3 mistakes were? If not anything else is guess work as to what he thinks they were

FulhamStu

MJG

Madl talks about being blocked at the corner and it's something they worked on in training.... Third mistake?

westcliff white

the 3 could be anything in the build up or at the corner, poorp lay leading to the corner, linesmans mistake a sit wasnt a corner, poor making at the corner, could be anything.

No point in lingering and blamegaming, we need ot move on and woin against Ipswich on boxing day. Said many times if I was offered a point before the Derby game I would have taken it

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on December 20, 2016, 08:07:14 AM
the 3 could be anything in the build up or at the corner, poorp lay leading to the corner, linesmans mistake a sit wasnt a corner, poor making at the corner, could be anything.

No point in lingering and blamegaming, we need ot move on and woin against Ipswich on boxing day. Said many times if I was offered a point before the Derby game I would have taken it
absolutely would have taken a point before hand.

Chutney

The thing that has surprised me about Button has been his poor shot stopping, tame efforts seem to trickle in past him and he gets beaten at his near post far too often. Add this to a lack of confidence with his feet and inability to command his area and you have a GK who doesn't do anything particularly well but does quite a lot badly. Bettinelli should be put in immediately because at least he offers good reflexes and shot stopping ability, with the view to sign a solid keeper in January to hopefully help us push for the play offs. Button has cost us points this season and it only takes one look at the table to tell you where we'd be if he hadn't.
C O Y W

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on December 20, 2016, 08:39:08 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 20, 2016, 08:10:48 AM

Easy to say but surely at home to the teams around us we need to be winning.

Where else would we settle/ have settled for a point? Sheffield Wednesday home, Wolves away, Reading home...? Looking forward, Ipswich away (without Kalas remember), Reading away, Brighton home? I could say settle for a point at all those places, sounds reasonable, but do the sums on that and it puts you about 8 points from 6th... ergo we need to be winning lots of these sorts of games
My point taking was based on there damn good form coming into the game 6 or 7 wins on the spin, a lot of confidence etc. Our form wasnt bad 3 wins, 2 draws and a loss, but with a new manager giving them a buzz and us not having Martin it made me think I would take ap oint. Having seen the game we deserved all 3 however I 99.99% certain I still would have taken a point.

In general I do agree with you, you do have to beat the teams around you especially at home, but a point before hand would have been a good result, in my opinion most would have taken that and our dissapointments and looking for reasons to comfort ourselves is down to the fact we deserved all 3 points.

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on December 20, 2016, 08:51:21 AM
Quote from: Statto on December 20, 2016, 08:39:08 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 20, 2016, 08:10:48 AM

Easy to say but surely at home to the teams around us we need to be winning.

Where else would we settle/ have settled for a point? Sheffield Wednesday home, Wolves away, Reading home...? Looking forward, Ipswich away (without Kalas remember), Reading away, Brighton home? I could say settle for a point at all those places, sounds reasonable, but do the sums on that and it puts you about 8 points from 6th... ergo we need to be winning lots of these sorts of games
My point taking was based on there damn good form coming into the game 6 or 7 wins on the spin, a lot of confidence etc. Our form wasnt bad 3 wins, 2 draws and a loss, but with a new manager giving them a buzz and us not having Martin it made me think I would take ap oint. Having seen the game we deserved all 3 however I 99.99% certain I still would have taken a point.

In general I do agree with you, you do have to beat the teams around you especially at home, but a point before hand would have been a good result, in my opinion most would have taken that and our dissapointments and looking for reasons to comfort ourselves is down to the fact we deserved all 3 points.
Against Derby on seven wins yes a point for me before the game I'd take.
Our record against the top eight sides is third best in the league. It's the five draws against the eight teams at the bottom that has cost us. Brighton for example have won six and drawn one against seven of the bottom eight.