watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR--90th Birthday Celebration for Tony Bennett

Started by Forever Fulham, December 21, 2016, 06:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Just amazingly good.  Saw it tonight.  Star studded gala of singers and entertainers honoring the great singer Tony Bennett.  How that man still does it at 90 is a marvel.  And the guest performers!  Bob Dylan.  Stevie Wonder.  Wynton Marsalis.  Lady Gaga.  Andrea Bocelli.-K.D. Lang,  Billy Joel.  Rufus Wainwright.  Diana Krall.  Michael Buble.  It goes on and on like that.  Maybe it's on YouTube.  Look for it.  Really great stuff.  Tony got out of his seat in the middle of the show to sing with Billy Joel on "New York State of Mind".  Gave us a taste of what was to come at the end of the show, where he knocked the house down with three great standards, each better than the one before.  What control the man still has!  Not a dry eye in the house.  Not that many singers today can move an audience like that.  Such an amazing life.  Upbeat life-affirming human being.  Few entertainers are so genuinely loved over here as Tony Bennett is.  And he's 90 years old!

The Equalizer

Well said FF, did you go to the live show? Or was it on telly? That's one heck of a line-up, other than Lady Gaga and Mickey Bubbles.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Equalizer

I just did a bit of Googling old Tony Bennett and noticed that he was born 'Benedetto'. I wonder if he's related to our own American Mike?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Forever Fulham

Anthony Dominick Benedetto.  Too much for a marquis sign, he was told.  I saw it on TV.  Would have loved to have seen it live at Radio City Music Hall.  90 year old men aren't supposed to have that kind of breath control. How he can still hold a note.  The phrasing, the intonation, the jazz riffs on standards.  Real songs that touch people.  Makes me sad for a lot of the crap that passes as popular music today.  Oh, my God, I've become my father!