watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Feeling unusually confident for the trip to Ipswich

Started by SP, December 23, 2016, 09:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Hope their pitch is half decent. Until Terri does his thing, I saw this on their board:

'Instinctively voted for an away team win. We're simply too inconsistent, and while picking up results here and there, it's invariably against opposition even poorer than ourselves, and with some considerable fortune thrown into it.

Fulham are no mugs, actually possess players that can regularly find the goal : and if they play to their strengths, regardless of venue, they should edge it on the day.'

Ipswich 1 Fulham 3

Woolly Mammoth

Now that you mention it, I also have a good feeling about this Fixture, especially as our away form is very encouraging this season. But you never know, nevertheless man for man i know we are better than them. If we can play somewhere near our best form, and they also do the same. We should win, maybe even by two goals. I have just broken the habit of a life time and given a forecast which is unlike me. I just hope by doing so, I have not condemned Fulham to a disappointing defeat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

I wonder how aware they are of our 10-1 win on Boxing Day 1963.....I would take that scoreline in our favour again.... :022:

092.gif

Only Me

Quote from: bog on December 24, 2016, 12:03:47 PM
I wonder how aware they are of our 10-1 win on Boxing Day 1963.....I would take that scoreline in our favour again.... :022:

092.gif

I remember it very well, Cook, Leggat 4, Howefield 3 Robson and Mullery got the goals. My dear old Dad thought I was telling lies when I got back from the game.
Funny old game we lost to them  2 days later 4-2. I was 12 years old

Dodgin

Does me up for missing that game, I was watching Tooting and Mitcham play Wimbledon all because of my Mum's dinner schedule. No film of it either, still gutted

Woolly Mammoth

They scored their one goal that day, only because it got stuck in the mud, as the penalty area was like a quagmire. Wheras on a normal pitch it would have rolled straight to our keeper.

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

Hoping for the best, but a bit concerned at our defensive injuries.
McCarthy is no mug and will be looking to exploit the situation.

SP

ChesterTheTabby

I too am feeling confident and expect a hard fought victory. These are the types of games that we need to be winning by whatever means necessary. I am not saying Ipswich will be a push over, they won't and they are no mugs, however we are definitely the most talented side and if are going to head into the 2nd half of the season with any hopes and aspirations of promotion we need to ensure we are taking all 3 points from matches like these.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

TheDaddy

Have a fiver on 5-0 @ 50-1 it seemed a good idea at the time .
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

alexbishop

Quote from: TheDaddy on December 26, 2016, 10:21:43 AM

were you drunk? haha. Was that for home win or away win?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

TheDaddy

Quote from: alexbishop on December 26, 2016, 10:25:49 AM
Quote from: TheDaddy on December 26, 2016, 10:21:43 AM

were you drunk? haha. Was that for home win or away win?
It was Christmas morning and I had had an early morning tipple as you do  :wine:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Woolly Mammoth

Looks as though that confidence has paid off and is well justified.

Never forget your Roots.

NJFulham

Yeah, Ipswich have been pretty dire this year since they didn't replace Murphy.

bill taylors apprentice

Our team should always make you confident this season now we have a proper team who are playing serious football.

It doesn't always result in points and they are not the finished article but a million miles from the shambles of recent seasons. 

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 26, 2016, 05:03:50 PM
Looks as though that confidence has paid off and is well justified.

You are an ancient oracle, Woolly!
Nogood "forecast the correct winning margin, see" Boyo