watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This sporting triumph eclipses all

Started by CorkedHat, August 25, 2010, 03:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Stand proud today England. Let us play Land of Hope and Glory to the rooftops. Let us tell the world what a great sporting nation we are and strut about our day with the arrogance of a nation invincible.
Yes, the BBC has recognised this great sporting achievement by highlighting it as headline on their website, so hold on to your chairs and be prepared to swell with pride when I reveal that.....
(drum roll maestro please)

England Women brushed aside Kazakhstan to record an empathic 82-0 win in their second game at the Rugby World Cup :Sparkyticus:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

LBNo11

...I saw the highlights, quite fancy our hooker.. :dft012:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

epsomraver

Quote from: CorkedHat on August 25, 2010, 03:32:27 AM
Stand proud today England. Let us play Land of Hope and Glory to the rooftops. Let us tell the world what a great sporting nation we are and strut about our day with the arrogance of a nation invincible.
Yes, the BBC has recognised this great sporting achievement by highlighting it as headline on their website, so hold on to your chairs and be prepared to swell with pride when I reveal that.....

England Women brushed aside Kazakhstan to record an empathic 82-0 win in their second game at the Rugby World Cup :Sparkyticus:

Something swelled in those scrums Corkie !!!

CorkedHat

Quote from: epsomraver on August 25, 2010, 09:20:29 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on August 25, 2010, 03:32:27 AM

Something swelled in those scrums Corkie !!!

Blimey Dave  - I must get my eyes tested. At first I thought you said "Something swelled in those scrotums"  :019:

epsomraver

Well John some of those opponents look like you could have a Dundee moment in a gro I mean tackle

TonyGilroy

An empathic win would mean that you feel deeply for the distress caused to your opponents presumably.

CorkedHat

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 25, 2010, 09:47:16 AM
An empathic win would mean that you feel deeply for the distress caused to your opponents presumably.

I know this might come as a dire surprise to you Mr Gilroy but other than the team that purportedly represented Kazakhstan, the rest of their nation, like us, could not give a flying fart about how well their women performed at a game that nobody else has even heard of

TonyGilroy

Well I certainly couldn't but I don't feel qualified to speak for the citizens of the great republic of Kazakhstan.

michaelread

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 25, 2010, 09:56:02 AM
Well I certainly couldn't but I don't feel qualified to speak for the citizens of the great republic of Kazakhstan.

I've heard they export some awesome potassium

ron

The Kazakhstan heads went down (no, nothing intended there...) when they found out that Rugby isn't played on horseback with a dead goat.

jarv

Was Borat at the game? Sort of thing that would suit him.

The Equalizer

Here are the player profiles for the England women's team, with one looker in particular who could tickle LBNo11's fancy / beat him at arm-wrestling:

http://www.rfu.com/SquadsAndPlayers/WomensRugby/ClairePurdy.aspx
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

I would bet a lot of them suffer from strapadicktome