watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can't see how Martin will play for us again

Started by colinwhite, December 31, 2016, 10:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

...which is a shame because he was becoming A very  important part of the team.
even if we play hard ball and he comes to his senses can we , the fans ever make our peace with a man who refused to play for the club in agame which potentially meant so much?
As much as I admire jokanovics attitude and respect of our club I can't help feeling his comments may not help. We potentially have an unhappy,disruptive player who is no longer playing for the first team and that is costing a fair bit of cash.
I am finding it difficult to come up with a constructive solution where both  Martin or Jokanovik can maintain their credibility . it's all a bit of a mess.
I hope we quickly get the strikers in that we need as that could defuse a potentially destructive situation for the club.We also need to sign Slavisa on a long term deal or Khan will never again be trusted by the fans .

nose

The manager we have is top class.
If he thinks martin shud play then the fans must get behind that descision... however my view is if a player wants to go, and you really can't persuade him otherwise, then best to get rid asap.

colinwhite

Agree nose but Slavisa has already put his prestige on the line saying he won't go to Derby,so assuming he stays it's going to take a lot of forgiving and Martin will really have to deliver.

alexmur

Couldn't care less about Martin I just hope we keep slav, far more difficult to get a good manager, Martin doing nothing Matt Smith can't do.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

colinwhite

We must keep Slavisa . That is the main thing

king of Cheese

Martin looks like he thinks it would be better to go back to Derby now they are doing well and have a new manager who wants him back. However, we did a deal for him which he agreed to and if we let this happen then we will open the door for more abuse by players in the future. Stick him in the reserves and get a new striker in Jan.

Nero

Martin has to come out and apologize, give his all in the next match he is selected for if he keeps refusing to play fine him his wages for the week all we will have lost his the loan fee and his wages up to last night, He'll just get fat sitting at home 

JoelH5

Quote from: Nero on December 31, 2016, 11:01:28 AM
Martin has to come out and apologize, give his all in the next match he is selected for if he keeps refusing to play fine him his wages for the week all we will have lost his the loan fee and his wages up to last night, He'll just get fat sitting at home 

Fatter* ;)
I was there, standing in the Putney end

toshes mate

SJ has shown his class as a manager and, with or without Martin playing, will strengthen the team in January.  It is not as if Martin had completely resolved our problem up front since our important goals have come from midfield players more often than not.  Fulham just need to demonstrate to Martin that the Club is bigger and more important than the any single individual.  In some ways the abandonment at Reading will give the team a chance to regroup after the madness of yesterday and give Brighton a game on Monday.  All things taken into consideration the team did okay for the 45 minutes played at Reading and it was good to see 3000 supporters there firmly behind the Club. 

..FOF..

Joka probably knew that he is getting a better striker and making Martin as an example to warn the rest.

That is the only logical reason I can think of for his candid remark.

Martin probably will be pushed to the bench or even worse exchanging places with Humphrys in the under-23 squad.

bill taylors apprentice

Unfortunately Smith can't do what Martin does, although he's a big bloke he doesn't use his size to gain an advantage like Martin does and lacks the ball control as well.

IMO Martin contributes to the attack even when off the ball which allows others to exploit the space around him, hence the midfielders getting forward and scoring this season.

But Martins not perfect and can be replaced and should be unless he genuinely grovels and apologises.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: ..FOF.. on December 31, 2016, 11:16:30 AM
Joka probably knew that he is getting a better striker and making Martin as an example to warn the rest.

That is the only logical reason I can think of for his candid remark.

Martin probably will be pushed to the bench or even worse exchanging places with Humphrys in the under-23 squad.

Jokanovic has made interesting comments before when there's been 'issues' that have been seen as brave and demanding of backing from the owner.

On the face of it he's making a stand and expecting support but he's pragmatic when it comes down to it (he may not have been happy with Kline but they are both still at the club) so I wouldn't read too much into his comments about Martin not going back.

FulhamStu

This is the solution.
1. Martin to apologise
2. Fulham recruit a better player than Martin
3. Martin sits on the bench as backup for the remainder of the season to 2.

@jolslover

I dont want to see Martin play again to be honest, No matter how good he is. Not even Berbatov, Taarabt, Ruiz ever refused to play for the club. Even when Ruiz was playing in a league below him. Still played for us when called upon. Expected better from Martin.
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on December 31, 2016, 11:44:27 AM
I dont want to see Martin play again to be honest, No matter how good he is. Not even Berbatov, Taarabt, Ruiz ever refused to play for the club. Even when Ruiz was playing in a league below him. Still played for us when called upon. Expected better from Martin.
I'm with you. And it always amazes me how some are so willing to be shafted time and again at this club. Paul Parker anyone?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 31, 2016, 11:37:36 AM
This is the solution.
1. Martin to apologise
2. Fulham recruit a better player than Martin
3. Martin sits on the bench as backup for the remainder of the season to 2.

Well, that would be a nice outcome if all where happy with it but in the (recent) history of the world of football it doesn't usually happen.

Of course if the club sits down with him and tells him the hard realities of how they see it he may decided to apologise.
We would all hope that Smith and Woodrow are planning their exit at the same time we are bringing Humphrys to the fore and have several quality forwards in our sights.
Whatever happens, keeping Martin on the bench may help create an unnecessary toxic mix in the squad.

colinwhite

Whatever happens the club must back Slavisa, and the situation with Martin may just mean we get Khans full backing ,hand in pocket . I don't think our previous owner would have just sat quietly by and not brought us out of this stronger than before

alexmur

If I was to guess I'd say Martin was pushing for a permanent deal and we told him nothing will happen till the end of his loan contract, and knowing full well we will be buying a striker in January he will soon be on the bench so he through all his toys out of the pram and wants to go back to derby before they possibly go up and before the realization that he is not a premiership player

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Old timer

There is a lot in what you say but Martin can be a much better player if he shed some weight and got fitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk