Main Menu

Penalties

Started by Dodgin, January 02, 2017, 03:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

Do we need a penalty coach?

love4ffc

It would seem we do.... :yay: fp.gif.....or at least some practice  090.gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Do you think Johansen is the designated PK taker?  If not one would think there would be a set order based on who is on the field. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Rhys Lightning 63

What's Heider Helguson doing these days?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

The Old Count

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on January 02, 2017, 03:59:13 PM

Bet Stockdale enjoyed the save

Nero

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on January 02, 2017, 03:59:13 PM

i was thinking Kevin Lock

Burt

5 misses now?

How crucial they will prove come the end of the season is yet to be seen, but our inability to score these are costing us points.

Need to swot up on the opposition keeper to see their prior practices when it comes to defending penalties, and practice like hell on the training pitch. Hit it hard, high and in the centre.

nose

i think each penalty was identically useless, too sft and too close to the goalkeeper.
in the abscence of a proper penalty taker it is vital to hit the ball as hard as possible and try to aim for the top corner.  if we have to miss at least hit it hard, how difficult is that to understand!

The Swan

We need a player who can hit the ball hard and straight at the keeper. Tell me the last time a penalty hit this way was saved or missed.
The Swan

David Allen Crankshaw

Do we have a player who can whack the ball into the net from the penalty spot rather than try to side-foot the ball along the ground in perhaps the hope that the keeper may dive in the opposite direction.

bill taylors apprentice

I think we need a Psychiatrist !

They are all pro's and should have the technique, its got to be all in the mind !

Andy S

It is not like that! Any player who steps up to take a penalty will hit it at an expert at saving them. Keepers observe body language and even the position a player is standing on the field. Even if you practice every Friday morning, on a Saturday you are aiming against a different person. You will have 20,000 people in the stadium and a lot of noise. How can you replicate that pressure? Especially against Button or Betts who couldn't save anything.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: The Swan on January 02, 2017, 09:17:25 PM
We need a player who can hit the ball hard and straight at the keeper. Tell me the last time a penalty hit this way was saved or missed.

Ryan Fredericks, and maybe Leighton Baines can give him a few tips.