watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we still going to sign Bogle

Started by The Swan, January 03, 2017, 09:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

At one point last year it was reported that we were going to sign Bogle from Grimsby.

He scored a couple of goals yesterday. Could he be the next Yardy or would he be out of his league.
The Swan

ScalleysDad

And therein lies the perfect conumdrum. We take the gamble and it does'nt work out. There will be public floggings. We take the gamble and he turns into the new Saha.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 03, 2017, 10:04:18 AM
And therein lies the perfect conumdrum. We take the gamble and it does'nt work out. There will be public floggings. We take the gamble and he turns into the new Saha.
Agreed. But in fairness EVERY player is a gamble.  One poor tackle and the dream player gets crocked.  We have signed some superb talent in the passed which has proved useless (Marlet / Matroglou / et al) and at other times signed some average players who have been superb for us.  Talent & money do not guarantee anything except a well paid player on your books.  Here's hoping we have some much overdue luck this window :)
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

MJG

Quote from: Statto on January 03, 2017, 01:23:04 PM

That's why you don't put all your eggs in just one basket, which is what we've done with Martin.
So would you then spend £4.5M twice instead of £9M once?

MJG

Quote from: Statto on January 03, 2017, 01:34:53 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 03, 2017, 01:27:05 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 03, 2017, 01:23:04 PM

That's why you don't put all your eggs in just one basket, which is what we've done with Martin.
So would you then spend £4.5M twice instead of £9M once?

In principle yes. But I wouldn't expect to get a quality player at this level for less than £7-8m. So i'd spend £7-8m twice rather than £15m once, yes. Or I'd spend £7-8m on a big target like Mounie then a £2m gamble on someone like Bogle. Or Cyriac.
Just wondered and its a fair answer.
There is an argument that if you buy a 'lot' of players then a few will show their worth and others fall by the way side.
When you spend big it really leaves you nowhere to go.

Horsfield_No9

Rotherham have bid 350k for him apparently.

He's English and 24 years old. 18 goals in 23 this season. 31 in 64 league record for Grimsby. 37 in 79 including cups.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

The Swan

Its looks as if a lot of clubs want to sign him. I thought that some one in the know on this message board said that we had got him on a pre January transfer contract. Hopefully he has committed himself to us.
The Swan

bobbo

:yay:
Quote from: Statto on January 03, 2017, 09:59:12 AM
I'd be happy with him and Wells or a Steve Mounie type signing, with Martin in the u23s and possibly coming back if he apologises and kisses jokanovic's arse in the centre circle before Derby away
love it
1975 just leaving home full of hope